Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How do U.S. Right Wingers differ from those in Europe?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    And have failed completely at accomplishing it.
    And why do you suppose things are as they are today?

Rush said that Conservatism works every time it is tried.

Rush to the Establishment: Conservatism Works Every Time It’s Tried

Mar 3, 2021

JASON: Jason Lewis in, remembering Rush and his clarion call to establishment Republicans to get out of the way. Here’s what Rush had to say about that.

RUSH: This is Key in San Francisco. Thank you. It’s great to have you here. I love San Francisco. It’s great to hear from somebody from there. How are you?

CALLER: I’m doing great, Rush. Mega dittos and thank you for listening to me today. I firmly believe — and I’ve been listening to you since my college day when you were in Sacramento. I firmly believe conservatism — when articulated clearly and when practiced faithfully and without apology — wins every time.

So I am incensed when I look at the current political landscape, when I look at the establishment Republicans and I look at the opportunity that they are squandering. Because not since when Reagan got a chance to position conservatism against the failed liberal policies of Carter, have we ever been given an opportunity to so clearly position ourselves as conservatives and how different we are.

RUSH: Amen!

CALLER: You look across this country. You look at every major metropolitan area that has been controlled by Democrats and liberals for the last 50 years. You look at Detroit and every other area where you just have to show up and point fingers and show what liberalism unchecked can do.

Rush, I’m in my early 40s. I’ve got a seven-year-old; I’ve got a four-year-old. They can see conservatism flourish for the rest of their lifetimes if we don’t squander this opportunity. And you, sir, have always said, “Liberals will always show you what they’re afraid of.” When you look at Lois Lerner and IRS and all these scandals, who are they targeting?

It’s not the establishment Republicans. It’s conservatives, because they fear conservatism.

RUSH: This guy… You obviously have been listening to me since the Sacramento days, because there’s nothing wrong with what you said. You are absolutely right! But I want to ask you a question.

CALLER: Yes, sir?

RUSH: Why do you think the establishment Republicans don’t see it that way?

CALLER: Because I don’t think they care. You know, the difference is… Again, the first president that I, in my childhood, was aware of was Reagan, and one thing about Reagan was that you knew here’s a gentleman who believes — who not only believes in what he says, but cares about his country. He wants to put his country first. When I look at the landscape today, I see a bunch of career politicians who are more concerned about getting reelected, about staying in power, than putting the interests and the needs of their nation first.

RUSH: Now, wait. Wait, though. Wait a minute. Let me play devil’s advocate. You just said — and a lot of people agree with you — that this nation is hungering and thirsting for an alternative to be articulated well and reasonably and with good cheer, and that people are just dying to vote for it. So if that’s driving them, their effort to be re-elected, why don’t they do what you say they should do?

CALLER: Because I don’t believe they’re true conservatives. I don’t believe that they believe in conservatism.

RUSH: All right, and why not? I’m going to keep drilling down, because there are answers to all these questions I’m asking. Why not?

CALLER: Well, again, because they are listening to the media, the way that they’re being portrayed. As you said many times, they just want to be liked, and in their minds; they think if they just espouse conservatism, they won’t be liked. Somehow they have it in their minds that to retain power, to get reelected, they have to be liked.

RUSH: There is a specific answer to my question, and you’ve given part of it. But in the real world of politics, one of the reasons is — in addition to what you said — when they see conservatism, they see Barry Goldwater. They see a landslide defeat. They see a Republican Party in the wilderness for 40 years. They don’t see the beginning of a movement. They don’t see something that led to Ronald Reagan. They don’t see Reagan. They see Goldwater.

Their consultants see that.

They are not conservative, as you say. They have also, I think, as establishment types… How many times have you heard what you would think are conservative media say, “You know, the American people have made up their minds and they actually want a big, energetic government and president”? (“Executive,” they call him.) “They want this. We have got to adjust to the reality that the American people want a large, efficient, energetic government working for them.

“We have to convince them that we can do it better and smarter.” That’s the current mindset of Republican consultants, many in the so-called conservative media, who advise the Republicans that you are talking about. You throw that into the mix in addition to everything you said that they’re not really conservative. And there’s another big one, too. They don’t believe in smaller government.

Government is the answer to everything. Government is where they make their money. Government is where they have their contracts. Government is where they go to do lobbying work after they finish their work in office and really score, and without big government for lobbyists to massages and manipulate and earn big money, there could be no big financial opportunity!

“You’ve got to have a big government so that it can be massaged and managed and manipulated, scored money off of and so forth,” and that really is it. Follow the money and you’ll have the answers to many questions. At the root of it, they really aren’t conservative, but they’re not conservative because it embarrasses them. They think pro-life is a killing issue, for example. Social issues and everything. The things that they’ve won on are the things that they’re afraid of!

CALLER: I agree wholeheartedly, Rush, and you know, as a son of immigrants… My family immigrated here when I was a young child and I will tell you, though, that America — the America that conservatism stands for — is why people have immigrated to this country for so many years and still do. It is for what America, even to this day, still stands for. Nothing better epitomizes that America than conservatism.

RUSH: No question about it. There’s another thing, too. You and I look at what’s happening in the country and we see a crisis. We see a crisis that really threatens the existence of America as founded. The Republicans you’re talking about don’t see that. They don’t see a spending crisis. That’s not the problem. Have you ever seen them reduce spending?

CALLER: No.

RUSH: They don’t believe that’s a problem. They’ll tell you, “Look, man, the national debt’s been growing ever since I was a kid and we’re still here. There isn’t any problem. That’s an old shibboleth. It’s not going to kill us. It’s no big deal.” They just don’t see the world the same way that you do, and it’s a shame. But at the root of it, you’re right: They’re not conservative. We can get into the whys and wherefores of it — and that’s useful simply as an information or educational exercise — but that remains the fact.

In fact, not only are they not, they are wrong about it.

They have fears about it that are misconstrued.

If you associate… If all conservatism is to you is Barry Goldwater — and believe me, don’t discount that. That, to them, is what’s going to happen if we nominate a conservative. Why do you think they keep nominating moderate, Northeastern, liberal Republicans?

They really think conservatism equals landslide defeat. Why they don’t see Reagan is probably rooted in the fact that they don’t want to admit that they were wrong, and they really don’t want to get into the argument of smaller government. Because they really, really don’t want to do the work necessary to make that happen.

JASON: We’ll have your calls here coming up next segment. I’m trying to get to 1-800-282-2882 for your calls. I’m Jason Lewis. I’m remembering Rush. Let me just add on real quick here and then we’ll go to the next break here, Crash, and that is Rush could not be more correct about this.

There are two forces as to why the swamp always wins (chuckling), and I’m speaking as a former member of Congress here. One is the forces of globalism, the corporate state, you name it. Liberals who believe in globalism, don’t believe in American sovereignty, open borders, free trade without any — any! — concern over American sovereignty, American jobs, and our national defense and the hollowing out of America.

That is the group that pressures Republicans, and therefore too many Republicans don’t want to take the path of most resistance. They want the path of least resistance. When you bring it up in the halls of Washington and say, “We’ve got to do something, otherwise why are we getting elected?” They will tell you each and every time, “Well, you can’t do anything if you don’t get elected. Take a poll.”
    https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...ime-its-tried/
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    And I suppose you believe you are the current day version of Lord Haw Haw.

Lord Haw Haw: On Blitzkreig (1.6.1940)

Hitler's decision to attack Russia was one of the biggest aids to victory coupled with the worst winter in forty years, of course. Churchill said the Germans discovering that the Lorenz cipher was broken by Bletchley Park and thus losing the Battle of the Atlantic were his two biggest worries of the European War.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 06-11-2021 at 03:12 AM.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do U.S. Right Wingers differ from those in Europe?

Macron slapper ID’d as far right follower, Middle Ages enthusiast
    Two 28-year old men have been arrested following the incident.

The man who slapped French President Emmanuel Macron has been identified as a 28 year old named Damien T. whose interests include Japanese pop culture, the Middle Ages, and the far right

BY MARINA ADAMI
    June 9, 2021 2:12 pm

French President Macron says slap is stupid and undemocratic | The National News

https://www.politico.eu/article/fren...es-enthusiast/

French President Emmanuel Macron was, apparently, physically assaulted, on Tuesday past, with a slap across the face.

This was waaay down my list of important news stories this week, although I admit that allowing anyone with hostile intent to get that close to Pres. Trump, for example, would have been a very serious breach of security requiring stern measures to be taken toward his protection people and to the assailant. We remember how close Pres. Reagan's attempted assassin got.

But, that's not my interest here.

It seems the assailant was a "far right follower."

And it seems to me that most Americans on the far right would not do something like this, and that there seems to be some differences between European right wingers and U.S. Right Wingers.

What are they, in your opinion?

I have long had the sensation when reading some of the trash posted by European posters on JPP, that when they bash us on these pages, that they were talking about people I'm not aware of.

And this news article about Macron's assailant being a fan of Herr Hitler's resembles the type of person the JPP Leftists most likely have in mind when they erroneously talk about American Right Wingers as being racist, Nazi assholes or etc.

BONUS

I will temporarily remove everyone from my ignore list to participate in this discussion because those on the list are the ones who most often kept trying to cast me and other great US posters as the kind of jerks they are used to in Europe or elsewhere.

But, anyone given a reprieve will be quickly returned to the ignore list if they piss me off.
    macron is a banker cocksucker globalist anti-human.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...ime-its-tried/
    globalism is not conservatism. it's fascism.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Feel free to ask a tighter question. This is too broad.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    macron is a banker cocksucker globalist anti-human.
    Welcome back.

Please give those who don't know anything about him, an example of why you say he "is a banker cocksucker globalist anti-human."
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

MAGA

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Feel free to ask a tighter question. This is too broad.
    Please read the transcript of the Rush Limbaugh call.

That sorta says it all.

Your part and my part.

MAGA

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    NO! It was a stupid comment that implied Euro countries have open borders- at which they do not!

So he should have said, IMMIGRATION and Violating borders is a number one concern- AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSER TO BEING ACCURATE!
    border violations going unpunished is de facto open borders.

technocratic globalist totalitarians love islam because it has been turned into yet another of their totalitarian worldviews.

saudi Arabia, funded by the west, has spent 50 plus years radicalizing islam.

the cia put the iranian mullahs in power.

real talk.

the refugees forced into europe are a deep state invasion force.

in europe they wear yellow vests, not maga hats.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

globalism is not conservatism. it's fascism.
    That is apparent if one reads the Rush Limbaugh transcript in the post of mine that you quote from.

There are two forces as to why the swamp always wins (chuckling), and I’m speaking as a former member of Congress here. One is the forces of globalism, the corporate state, you name it. Liberals who believe in globalism, don’t believe in American sovereignty, open borders, free trade without any — any! — concern over American sovereignty, American jobs, and our national defense and the hollowing out of America.

MAGA

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Welcome back.

Please give those who don't know anything about him, an example of why you say he "is a banker cocksucker globalist anti-human."
    no thanks. do your own research.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

border violations going unpunished is de facto open borders.

technocratic globalist totalitarians love islam because it has been turned into yet another of their totalitarian worldviews.

saudi Arabia, funded by the west, has spent 50 plus years radicalizing islam.

the cia put the iranian mullahs in power.

real talk.
    saudi Arabia, funded by the west, has spent 50 plus years working to expand and increase the radicalization which is the basis of fundamental Islam, real Islam, as the Prophet lived and practiced and preached and documented and taught islam.

And we can't tell who is a fundamentalist and who is a modernist and to what degree.

So, ideally, we should either accept them all at face value (knowing that it's only a matter of time before enough of them achieve the Jihadist success they pray for) or we consider they all, each and every one, is an unknown quantity who we must protect ourselves from.

What we do right now is to fool ourselves into believing that we can adequately vet all the Muslims we allow into the US. We bar some from entering the US but we allow many times more to come in than we turn away, iinm.

And how is that any different than allowing them all to come inside the USA?

What we currently do to safeguard our country and our citizens from the influences of Islam does slow our downfall and conquest somewhat, and in the end, those in charge of enacting effective safeguards can say, "We did our best."

And what more could they do?

They could stop caring about political correctness and start caring about keeping America's best interests at heart.

They could go to the website of Bill Warner, PoliticalIslam.com and find the answers to the questions they have about Islam and if they have no questions, they should find out why Islam is so controversial and then maybe get to the bottom line: Does the presence of greater numbers of Muslims in America pose a threat to our sovereignty over time?

Here is a good place to start.

Censorship Dooms Our Civilization
    May 13, 2021

Political Islam
    67.3K subscribers
    Censorship and de-platforming are radical changes from our past of freedom of speech and expression. My life has totally changed after censorship for the worst. This is not an accident, but a planned program to drive people such as me out of the marketplace of ideas and out of business.
    Instead of facts, reason and discussion, we have descended into insults, name-calling and hatred. We are being trained to self censor. Censorship is viewed as a virtue and there is no debate of ideas. Without debate, we will make irrational decisions that can doom our civilization to failure.
    As I said to the gecko, there are several boogeymen. Not just Communism. And we are woefully blind to the tricks of all of those boogeymen.
    Last edited by Drummie123; 06-11-2021 at 03:56 AM.

MAGA

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

saudi Arabia, funded by the west, has spent 50 plus years working to expand and increase the radicalization which is the basis of fundamental Islam, real Islam, as the Prophet lived and practiced and preached and documented and taught islam.

And we can't tell who is a fundamentalist and who is a modernist and to what degree.

So, ideally, we should either accept them all at face value (knowing that it's only a matter of time before enough of them achieve the Jihadist success they pray for) or we consider they all, each and every one, is an unknown quantity who we must protect ourselves from.

What we do right now is to fool ourselves into believing that we can adequately vet all the Muslims we allow into the US. We bar some from entering the US but we allow many times more to come in than we turn away, iinm.

And how does that any different than allowing them all to come inside the USA?

It retards our downfall and conquest somewhat and in the end, those in charge can say, "We did our best."
    the globalist cabal is falling hard right now.

their moronic utterances, writ large now, will soon be a dusty pharoah fart in the desert wind.

Ozymandias
    I met a traveller from an antique land
    Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert…. Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed:
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,488 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Back to ignoring you. Let's guess how long before you get another Drummie123 parole hearing.

Keep laughing.

Keep providing the stimulus.

Haw, haw................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

no thanks. do your own research.
    Then you really aren't here to try to save America.

You are here to impress people with how much you know.

But because they haven't yet bothered to learn the things you know, they won't likely take the first step to becoming informed.

So, all you are is a tease and a braggart looking to make himself feel important.

I was right to place you on my ignore list, I guess.

And for the record, if I cared about Macron more than I do, I would certainly do a Web search to learn more about him.

I don't expect someone like you to do my homework for me, jerk.

I was trying to get you to do something to interest posters in joining your side of the argument.

But you be u.

MAGA

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then you really aren't here to try to save America.

You are here to impress people with how much you know.

But because they haven't yet bothered to learn the things you know, they won't likely take the first step to becoming informed.

So, all you are is a tease and a braggart looking to make himself feel important.

I was right to place you on my ignore list, I guess.

And for the record, if I cared about Macron more than I do, I would certainly do a Web search to learn more about him.

I don't expect someone like you to do my homework for me, jerk.

I was trying to get you to do something to interest posters in joining your side of the argument.

But you be u.
    wrong. I find curiousity inspires further research.