Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: How to think about God.

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Nifty thinks being ignorant is a noble position.
    Is it nobler to take a side of people honoring hypothetical value systems than stand against ancestries ignoring now is eternity since all reproductions are left occupying space being timed paart now as taking place here in this atmosphere perpetually balancing 3rd from the star?

Does everyone doing the wrong thing for collective right reasonable doubt make what is historically recorded inaccurate facts of life limited to evolving here now as all the truth needed to save humanity governing outcomes forward contextually? Scripture or rule of law both command people choose rationed proportions of the whole numerating the population differently than the denominator of the whole species present from remaining great great grandparents to constantly arriving great great grandchildren.

Next generations only arrive one at a time.
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    its only a difference if you are not a believer, I am not so disposed.
    There is a difference if you are blindly guessing there is a god (believing)...there is a difference if you are blindly guessing there are no gods...and there is a difference if you simply acknowledge that you do not know and choose not to blindly guess.

But, I don't think you are going to explain yourself...and that is your right.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    There is a difference if you are blindly guessing there is a god (believing)...there is a difference if you are blindly guessing there are no gods...and there is a difference if you simply acknowledge that you do not know and choose not to blindly guess.

But, I don't think you are going to explain yourself...and that is your right.
    One can only "guess" as to whether there is a god(s) or not, it cannot be proven one way or the other.
    As to the "i dont know", that is not being an atheist, again, by definition.
    As to the "blindly" there is enough to justify either choice though never enough to know for sure.
    Thats why they call it faith.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One can only "guess" as to whether there is a god(s) or not, it cannot be proven one way or the other.
    As to the "blindly" there is enough to justify either choice though never enough to know for sure.
    Can physical eternity be proven? event horizons that never change while objects sharing event horizons never stay the same total sum forward.

Can biology be proven to eternally separate reproductions from previous generations forward until no great great grandchildren are added again now? Only instinctively since intellect has been corrupting instincts for 7,000 years.
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Can physical eternity be proven? event horizons that never change while objects sharing event horizons never stay the same total sum forward.

Can biology be proven to eternally separate reproductions from previous generations forward until no great great grandchildren are added again now? Only instinctively since intellect has been corrupting instincts for 7,000 years.
    curious questions but I think they are off topic here.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

curious questions but I think they are off topic here.
    ever want to connect missing links of linear ideology to the kinetics of mutually evolving here now? I have done it. kinetic evolving into a compounding total sum of ancestries of each species that ever occupying time in the space of this atmosphere during the 5 billion revolutions this planet added since the solar system has been perpetually balancing here now.

Kinetic constant changes between erosion and decomposing lifetimes, thermodynamic rules apply here inorganically as well as ancestrally with regards to compounding additions equal to eroding and decaying results present conceived to decomposed as replacements to those added the reproduction.

See your social mind cannot expand around things not in syllables. Your brain is navigating event horizons already isolating each object outside your skin as eternally changing total sum outside as taking place inside your flesh. God or no God is always open for debate, now being eternity is off limits in social arena of ideas.

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    ever want to connect missing links of linear ideology to the kinetics of mutually evolving here now? I have done it. kinetic evolving into a compounding total sum of ancestries of each species that ever occupying time in the space of this atmosphere during the 5 billion revolutions this planet added since the solar system has been perpetually balancing here now.

Kinetic constant changes between erosion and decomposing lifetimes, thermodynamic rules apply here inorganically as well as ancestrally with regards to compounding additions equal to eroding and decaying results present conceived to decomposed as replacements to those added the reproduction.

See your social mind cannot expand around things not in syllables. Your brain is navigating event horizons already isolating each object outside your skin as eternally changing total sum outside as taking place inside your flesh. God or no God is always open for debate, now being eternity is off limits in social arena of ideas.
    isnt that special ?
    still off topic. start your own thread if you want to go there.

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not sure what you point is here, CG.

On the question of "Is there a GOD or are there any gods?"...the only thing one can do is to make a blind guess.

Any guess made is no better than leaving it to the toss of a coin.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

On the question of "Is there a GOD or are there any gods?"...the only thing one can do is to make a blind guess.

I think our concept of God is partly a cultural concept.

10. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

in a sense, that IS my my point. cant be proven but just maybe it can be deduced. there will always be an element of faith involved but it seems people are able to sort it out sufficiently to lend their faith one way or the other.

11. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

in a sense, that IS my my point. cant be proven but just maybe it can be deduced. there will always be an element of faith involved but it seems people are able to sort it out sufficiently to lend their faith one way or the other.
    God created the world and guides it. Did I leave anything out from your definition?

12. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One...I do not think the existence or non-existence of any GOD or gods...can be deduced. I just cannot. One can guess one way or the other...but "deduced?"

Anyway, two...the "element of faith" is nothing more than insisting that the blind guess is correct.

The insisting is an absurdity.

Let me be clear about this, though: Either there is at least one god...or there are none. The blind guesses "There is a GOD" and "There are no gods" have this one factor in common:

One of them is correct.

Either there is at least one god...or there are no gods.

We just do not know which it is...and both assertions are just blind guesses.

Having "faith" in your blind guess is nothing more than insisting your blind guess cannot be wrong.

13. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

isnt that special ?
    still off topic. start your own thread if you want to go there.
    the topic is how to think about God, correct? Those that believe in God say God knows all.

OK what happens when the idea time doesn't separate past, present, future evolving going on here now?

Genetics and molecular migration sustain perpetual motion between expanding compounding details never duplicated and contracting results never the same form since conceived in ancestral position here now. Gee 7,000 years of human intellect real isn't real just evaporated except for people that mind possibilities real isn't kinetically self evident as life taking place here now.

14. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One...I do not think the existence or non-existence of any GOD or gods...can be deduced. I just cannot. One can guess one way or the other...but "deduced?"

Anyway, two...the "element of faith" is nothing more than insisting that the blind guess is correct.

The insisting is an absurdity.

Let me be clear about this, though: Either there is at least one god...or there are none. The blind guesses "There is a GOD" and "There are no gods" have this one factor in common:

One of them is correct.

Either there is at least one god...or there are no gods.

We just do not know which it is...and both assertions are just blind guesses.

Having "faith" in your blind guess is nothing more than insisting your blind guess cannot be wrong.
    But Frank, I do not insist anything of you or anyone else. Faith is a personal thing.
    That said, clearly there are quite a lot of people who share the same faith.
    But only the mohamadans do this insisting.
    On this point, one could deduce that their version of God is false.

15. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

I could be very satisfied by all non-Christians simply regarding Christianity the way they think of cream in their coffee.

It helps neutralize the harshness and bitter taste of the drink.

Even if you don't get a buzz from the drink (Christianity), it is easier and more pleasing to swallow our society with the creamy smoothness of Christianity added to your mug.
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA