Thread: Democrats Are Issue Driven; Republicans Obsess With Image

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Democrats Are Issue Driven; Republicans Obsess With Image

Think about the positions taken by each.

Republicans are populists.

Democrats are responsible.

Republicans go with what polls well at the moment.

Democrats make the tough decisions that are not always popular.

It's true.

Republicans gravitate towards what sounds good.

Democrats want to do the right thing.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (09-02-2021), Phantasmal (09-02-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Doing the right thing isn't always easy or popular.

When was the last time a Republican wanted to do something that didn't poll well?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,924 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Really? Could you indulge us with a few examples?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Stringfellow Hawk (09-02-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The Climate Crisis.

Democrats recognize the problem and want to take steps to prevent weather events from getting worse, sea level from rising, floods from getting worse, wildfires from getting more frequent and more intense. No, it is not a popular idea, especially when the most extreme effects have yet to appear, but it is the right thing to do. Now, while we still have a chance to make a difference.

Republicans simply pretend there is no problem. Very popular position to take, especially among the least well informed.

And absurdly enough, taking proper measures to deal with the Climate Crisis actually makes sense for the economy. There are millions of great jobs created tackling climate issues.

But it doesn't play well with the conservative crowd which is convinced it will cost them money. So Republicans play up that angle. Just because it's popular. Not the right thing to do, but creates an effective image to get votes.

When was the last time a Republican wanted to do something that didn't poll well?

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,766 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Matt Gaetz, Majorie Taylor Greene and Gym Jordan

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

It's true.

Republicans are not populists.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. ,

Look at the pandemic.

Same thing. Democrats want to take all the logical steps to deal with it, protect lives.

Republicans either deny it or focus on rights without responsibilities. Wrong!

But popular with the uninformed denial crowd.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's true.

Disagree the only thing Republicans have going for them is hate
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello T. A. Gardner,

The Climate Crisis.

Democrats recognize the problem and want to take steps to prevent weather events from getting worse, sea level from rising, floods from getting worse, wildfires from getting more frequent and more intense. No, it is not a popular idea, especially when the most extreme effects have yet to appear, but it is the right thing to do. Now, while we still have a chance to make a difference.

Republicans simply pretend there is no problem. Very popular position to take, especially among the least well informed.

And absurdly enough, taking proper measures to deal with the Climate Crisis actually makes sense for the economy. There are millions of great jobs created tackling climate issues.

But it doesn't play well with the conservative crowd which is convinced it will cost them money. So Republicans play up that angle. Just because it's popular. Not the right thing to do, but creates an effective image to get votes.

I'd say that's a poor example. If you look at say, the New Green Deal, it's more about social and economic change moving to the Left than solving anything to do with the climate. The Democrats say they want to fix all those things they claim are caused by anthropomorphic climate change, but then their chosen solutions are all based on ignoring science, populism, and Leftist economic and social theory.

For example, there is now overwhelming evidence that solar and wind are an unworkable solution to a nation's energy needs. They are costly, polluting, and result in an unstable grid. They push battery cars even as fuel cell vehicles running on hydrogen or ammonia would be a far better and more workable solution. The "millions of great jobs" associated with this have failed to materialize.
    At the same time, the Democrats push more public transit (even as it goes largely unused most places), higher urban density (leading to more urban heat island effects and concentration of pollution), and socializing the economy. These are all favorites of the Left. The most glaring example is the push for railroads and trains. These simply don't work in a large nation like the US. Distances are too great, the cost of right-of-way too high, and the time spent in transit too high to be cost effective.

The most extreme effects of climate change have failed to appear because they were never going to appear. The so-called climate scientists fudged their data for decades for political and personal gain. We've seen it again and again.

Climate change doesn't poll well because it isn't taken seriously, but rather used for political and economic gain by those pushing it.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello T. A. ,

Look at the pandemic.

Same thing. Democrats want to take all the logical steps to deal with it, protect lives.

Republicans either deny it or focus on rights without responsibilities. Wrong!

But popular with the uninformed denial crowd.
    Same thing here. The Democrats do what's popular and don't follow the science.

Masks don't work for example. Sure, there are over 100 studies (I found one site that listed 56 of these for example) that show masks work in a laboratory setting under test conditions. Then there are roughly half-dozen where the researchers looked at actual populations of masked and unmasked individuals and their rate of Chinese Disease contraction. They found an insignificant difference. So, masks work in laboratory test conditions but fail in real life conditions meaning they make little or no difference in how people are contracting Chinese Disease.

It was a Republican that pushed through the quick development of a vaccine and got over a million doses in people's arm. Then Biden and the Democrats took over and turned the whole thing into a clusterfuck. Now Biden is calling for a third shot for a booster even as the CDC says they're unsure. Most recently several top people at the CDC resigned in protest of Biden's unscientific, political move.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Same thing here. The Democrats do what's popular and don't follow the science.

Masks don't work for example. Sure, there are over 100 studies (I found one site that listed 56 of these for example) that show masks work in a laboratory setting under test conditions. Then there are roughly half-dozen where the researchers looked at actual populations of masked and unmasked individuals and their rate of Chinese Disease contraction. They found an insignificant difference. So, masks work in laboratory test conditions but fail in real life conditions meaning they make little or no difference in how people are contracting Chinese Disease.

It was a Republican that pushed through the quick development of a vaccine and got over a million doses in people's arm. Then Biden and the Democrats took over and turned the whole thing into a clusterfuck. Now Biden is calling for a third shot for a booster even as the CDC says they're unsure. Most recently several top people at the CDC resigned in protest of Biden's unscientific, political move.
    It's comments like yours that make it so easy and so popular for smart intelligent people to make fun of you
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

It's true.

Democrats have distorted one-sided views of the two parties.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    It's comments like yours that make it so easy and so popular for smart intelligent people to make fun of you
    Maybe you could find one or two to help you with your replies...

Here's the latest demolition of masks as effective:

https://www.poverty-action.org/sites...ity_083121.pdf

There were 178,288 individuals in the intervention group and 163,838 individuals
    in the control group. The intervention increased proper mask-wearing from 13.3% in control
    villages (N=806,547 observations) to 42.3% in treatment villages (N=797,715 observations)
    (adjusted percentage point difference = 0.29 [0.27, 0.31]). This tripling of mask usage was sustained during the intervention period and two weeks after. Physical distancing increased from
    24.1% in control villages to 29.2% in treatment villages (adjusted percentage point difference
    = 0.05 [0.04, 0.06]). After 5 months, the impact of the intervention faded, but mask-wearing
    remained 10 percentage points higher in the intervention group.
    The proportion of individuals with COVID-like symptoms was 7.62% (N=13,273) in the
    intervention arm and 8.62% (N=13,893) in the control arm. Blood samples were collected
    from N=10,952 consenting, symptomatic individuals.
    That was using N95 surgical masks, not cloth masks. A slight decrease in rate of infection. Masks don't work because they aren't changing the primary vectors by which people are catching Chinese Disease.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe you could find one or two to help you with your replies...

Here's the latest demolition of masks as effective:

https://www.poverty-action.org/sites...ity_083121.pdf

That was using N95 surgical masks, not cloth masks. A slight decrease in rate of infection. Masks don't work because they aren't changing the primary vectors by which people are catching Chinese Disease.
    this is from your own link dumbass..." demonstrating that promoting community mask-wearing can improve public health" the fact that you are a moron is now clearer than ever

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Democrats Are Issue Driven; Republicans Obsess With Image

Is this the lead-in for some cheap backroom stand-up comedy routine ??? If not, it should be ... it's a hilarious line !!!