Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Y

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,400 Times in 6,147 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've watched the video. The guy didn't deserve to die for a push and the coward should go to jail.

Guns don't make all men equal at all.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cowards and wimps, you have to have big big balls to shoot someone. In every case self defense goes to trial. Is everything going to go your way? Innocent people are convicted all the time.

The comment was made that stand your ground law is for "cowards and wimps." So everyone should be a trained ufc unarmed combat expert to have rights? Sounds like the views of subconcious pederasts. That's who uses 'real scotsmen fallacy.'

You think dumbasses with muscles

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cut it there, you get the idea.
    No edit button sucks.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I've watched the video. The guy didn't deserve to die for a push and the coward should go to jail.

Guns don't make all men equal at all.
    No, he didn't deserve to die.

Maybe this will serve as a warning to other big, aggressive macho idiots who want to use physical confrontation as a first choice rather than the last resort.

And as warning to macho, goofball gun-loving Chuck Norris wannabes about the potential consequences of carrying their guns in public and using them to settle disputes.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That's not what I see.

The "pusher" saw the gun and started backing away.

At that point, the shooter should have verbally warned him and kept his finger off the trigger.

Two idiots who learned a lesson the hard way.
    In my view, the 'pusher' was still in an 'attack position' and did not retreat. He maintained a "Fuck you" attitude and was still an immediate threat to the guy on the ground.
    Do you think if this guy on the ground would have attempted to get up, the 'pusher' wouldn't have rushed in and kicked this guy in the face?
    Think about it, Rolly-Polly guy on the ground has to roll over, he's on his knees, needs both hands on the ground to get up. That's when 'pusher' rushes in for face kick.
    The 'pusher' never retreated from an 'attach position'.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (08-24-2019)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    In my view, the 'pusher' was still in an 'attack position' and did not retreat. He maintained a "Fuck you" attitude and was still an immediate threat to the guy on the ground.
    Do you think if this guy on the ground would have attempted to get up, the 'pusher' wouldn't have rushed in and kicked this guy in the face?
    Think about it, Rolly-Polly guy on the ground has to roll over, he's on his knees, needs both hands on the ground to get up. That's when 'pusher' rushes in for face kick.
    The 'pusher' never retreated from an 'attach position'.
    Nope.

Plain as day.

As soon as the gun comes up, the pusher backs up.

The rest is pure speculation and legally irrelevant.

All the shooter had to do was hold the gun on the pusher, warn him of what would happen if he tried to further assault, then stay in that position until the pusher got in his car and left or otherwise signaled his retreat.

The push should be considered a mitigating factor in sentencing, though.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Jack (08-24-2019)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 11,567 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial

Clearwater, Florida (CNN)Michael Drejka, who fatally shot an unarmed man, Markeis McGlockton, last summer in Florida during a dispute over a handicapped-accessible parking spot, was found guilty of manslaughter Friday night.

The judge set the sentencing date for October 10. Drejka faces up to 30 years in prison.

Drejka, who didn't take the witness stand, tried unsuccessfully to use Florida's "stand your ground' law as a defense for justifiable homicide. The case renewed a nationwide debate on the controversial law.

Jury deliberations lasted about six hours, with a brief pause around 9:30 p.m. when jurors sought clarification on the instructions for deciding guilt or innocence.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/us/fl...jka/index.html

The verdict was correct, it was a case of murder and a display of cowardice too?!!
    The stand your ground law, is a law for cowards and wimps, it gives courage to people who have none?!!

Ok Signal less there are those that abuse the laws. But how many times has a Stand your Ground law protected the person from injury or death? You anti gun nuts always take one example and pretend it's the norm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (08-24-2019)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope.

Plain as day.

As soon as the gun comes up, the pusher backs up.

The rest is pure speculation and legally irrelevant.

All the shooter had to do was hold the gun on the pusher, warn him of what would happen if he tried to further assault, then stay in that position until the pusher got in his car and left or otherwise signaled his retreat.

The push should be considered a mitigating factor in sentencing, though.
    In my opinion, 'pusher' had an option to 'retreat from Battle' or maintain a 'Threatening Position'.
    Did you notice the difference when 'pusher' got shot? His attitude changed, he decided to 'retreat from Battle', he was no longer in a 'Threatening Position'.
    The guy on the ground felt safe. He didn't run after the guy and keep shooting him.

'pusher' is the Aggressor by violently shoving the guy off his feet. 'pusher' was given an option to 'Back the fuck off'. 'pusher' made a conscious decision to maintain his Aggressive Stance. 'pusher' was given Educational Assistance by getting shot in the chest, 'pusher' finally received Knowledge by removing himself from the Field of Battle.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Ok Signal less there are those that abuse the laws. But how many times has a Stand your Ground law protected the person from injury or death? You anti gun nuts always take one example and pretend it's the norm.
    The Violent Aggressor getting shot ... should be the norm.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    he pushed the guy because he came out of the store to find the guy screaming at his wife and kids

where was his right to defend his family from some crazy assed fuck threatening his wife and kids?

Oh that's right

the man and his family are black and cant have the stand your ground rights like the white gun nuts
    Cite evidence that he was "threatening" them or STFU.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In my opinion, 'pusher' had an option to 'retreat from Battle' or maintain a 'Threatening Position'.
    Did you notice the difference when 'pusher' got shot? His attitude changed, he decided to 'retreat from Battle', he was no longer in a 'Threatening Position'.
    The guy on the ground felt safe. He didn't run after the guy and keep shooting him.

'pusher' is the Aggressor by violently shoving the guy off his feet. 'pusher' was given an option to 'Back the fuck off'. 'pusher' made a conscious decision to maintain his Aggressive Stance. 'pusher' was given Educational Assistance by getting shot in the chest, 'pusher' finally received Knowledge by removing himself from the Field of Battle.
    The pusher backed off his aggressive stance as soon as the gun was pointed at him.

At the time of the shot, he was already taking or had already taken a step back.

Plain as day.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Jack (08-24-2019)

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Violent Aggressor getting shot ... should be the norm.
    Only if the violence or threat of violence continues beyond the display of a weapon.

Had the pusher moved towards the shooter in a threatening manner AFTER the gun was drawn and pointed, SYG would have applied and the shooter would have never stood trial, and possibly never even been arrested or charged.

As it is, the pusher had abandoned his aggressive posture before he was shot.

The shooter killed him unnecessarily.

The push should be considered during sentencing.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The pusher backed off his aggressive stance as soon as the gun was pointed at him.

At the time of the shot, he was already taking or had already taken a step back.

Plain as day.
    Taking 'one step back' isn't retreating from the Confrontation. 'pusher' is still in 'Attach Position'. If you get a gun pulled on you after you just assaulted a guy, you better 'Back the fuck off' or expect to get shot as a further inducement.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Taking 'one step back' isn't retreating from the Confrontation. 'pusher' is still in 'Attach Position'. If you get a gun pulled on you after you just assaulted a guy, you better 'Back the fuck off' or expect to get shot as a further inducement.
    I don't think the law agrees with you on that.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Only if the violence or threat of violence continues beyond the display of a weapon.

Had the pusher moved towards the shooter in a threatening manner AFTER the gun was drawn and pointed, SYG would have applied and the shooter would have never stood trial, and possibly never even been arrested or charged.

As it is, the pusher had abandoned his aggressive posture before he was shot.

The shooter killed him unnecessarily.

The push should be considered during sentencing.
    Well Nomad, we disagree. If 'push' had attacked me out of the blue, I would expect him to maintain that attitude until I clearly see him as abandoning that attitude. 'push' could have walked to his car, raised his hands, moved way back indicating he was no longer a Threat. He didn't do that. He stood there glaring at the guy he had just shoved to the ground. I certainly wouldn't have felt safe getting back on my feet with 'push' that close to me. I don't condone Violent Aggression. What's wrong with Verbal Confrontation?