Thread: Evangelicals: You Need to Stop Believing In Stupid Things

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jack,

The danger is when the administration becomes the cult. To have a full arm of the government (and more) indoctrinating people into believing wrong things is very dangerous to our republic.
    Who indoctrinated you into believing Obama was qualified because of his skin color?

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    It's kind of hard to be respectful of your beliefs when you're so disrespectful of what others choose to believe here. Yet, we are....
    In the above post you say everyone is free to believe what they like...yet the majority of your posts say otherwise....Hmmm...am i missing something?
    These none believers must be scared to death that they might be wrong, why else would they make such an issue about others believing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (10-22-2019)

4. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

I'd bet money it's fake.. the offensive stuff
    An absurd thing to say. This is anonymous. There's no way to make good on a monetary wager. And besides. I believed you believed it was fake the first time you said it. And we don't really have many tools to confirm it's validity.

All we are left with is our own sensibilities to guide our beliefs. I know there are people who feel the way that is expressed on the napkin, so it's easy to believe somebody would do that. There are people who are so controlled by their church that every penny they don't need for survival goes to the church. They are completely in. They would think they are doing the waitress a favor by withholding her tip and giving it to the church instead. Especially really guilty people who have a lot to atone for and came to the church late in life. They think they are buying their way into heaven. If they did something really bad when they were younger and the guilt is strong enough, then the devotion to the church is equally as strong as that guilt.

They would be a lot better off getting professional counseling and learning about guilt than going to the church. And it would cost them a lot less.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 10-22-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cinnabar (10-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-22-2019)

6. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,416 Times in 16,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

An absurd thing to say. This is anonymous. There's no way to make good on a monetary wager. And besides. I believed you the first time you said it. And we don't really have many tools to confirm it's validity.

All we are left with is our own sensibilities to guide our beliefs. I know there are people who feel the way that is expressed on the napkin, so it's easy to believe somebody would do that. There are people who are so controlled by their church that every penny they don't need for survival goes to the church. They are completely in. They would think they are doing the waitress a favor by withholding her tip and giving it to the church instead. Especially really guilty people who have a lot to atone for and came to the church late in life. They think they are buying their way into heaven. If they did something really bad when they were younger and the guilt is strong enough, then the devotion to the church is equally as strong as that guilt.

They would be a lot better off getting professional counseling and learning about guilt than going to the church. And it would cost them a lot less.
    Now, see, I think what you just wrote is absurd so we're even....There are lot show need counseling, though...for sure.... Many here, don't you agree?

7. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Now, see, I think what you just wrote is absurd so we're even....There are lot show need counseling, though...for sure.... Many here, don't you agree?
    My Ignore List is full of them.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    your intelligence is exceptionally artificial......
    No where as artificial as this ongoing Evangelical second coming utilizing exceptional Islamophobia pedophilia pseudoscience of fabricated misnomers backed by immaculate conceptions.

9. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    These none believers must be scared to death that they might be wrong, why else would they make such an issue about others believing.
    No clue, but they surely do don't they?

10. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

My Ignore List is full of them.
    So you aren't accepting of those who think differently than you do...unless they follow your "rules"...Interesting...
    So you

11. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    No where as artificial as this ongoing Evangelical second coming utilizing exceptional Islamophobia pedophilia pseudoscience of fabricated misnomers backed by immaculate conceptions.
    this one is smarter than you.....
    https://zeoob.com/
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You think I'd be a jihadist?

Nah. I wouldn't shoot anyone unless they were a threat to myself, my family or my property. Same thing as here in the US.
    You would be immersed in Islam as you are immersed in Christianity here. It would only depend on where you were born and the local cult.

13. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe it all depends on which 'crowd' you hang around with?

Hello Jack,

A casual dismissing is inappropriate there.

Remember: Harry Potter is extremely popular.

14. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Wouldn't this apply equally to all religious beliefs?
    Yes. Anything involving the Occult, Magic, Superstition.

15. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Because some are bent on pushing those views onto others and make people adapt to them. I get that vibe even being a Christian myself.

16. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Isn't it "your fucking jackbooted storm-troopers" who would break into my home to take my firearms? You know, destroy our constitutional rights?
    Your kind want to destroy our traditions and freedoms, we won't allow that to happen.
    What the fuck are you talking about? This is so delusional. Taking certain guns off-market or even implementing a buyback program is none of that. Your propaganda riddled mind on the subject makes you worthless on the topic. You conservatives in these faux overdramatizations of reality are really sad. It shows you aren't listening to anyone but the NRA or other such sources.

17. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post

Hearing it from someone who was deeply embedded in the Evangelical culture makes the condemnation of it even more powerful. He's also brilliant which is likely why he cut the phony bible thumpers loose. Everything he says is what we all already know.
    Screenshot_20191022-154514_Samsung Internet.jpg

The High Sparrow from Game of Thrones is anti religion?!! Who knew?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (10-22-2019)