Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manufactured Crisis with Turkey

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Turkey has a heavily guarded barrier along its border with Syria. I told you that Erdogan couldn't be trusted, the man is truly evil.
    I know I mean for terrorists crossings, as Erdogan claims

Of course he is an evil bastard. the USA has to deal with him and Trump and him are due to meet.

so let me get this straight.
    we are supposed to be the only player in Syria to hold back Turkey, when Turkey has previously crossed the border on "security ops"

and we are supposed to do this- and when it doesn't work we are supposed to apply crippling sanctions-
    AGAINST OUR OWN INTERESTS..because of.....what was it again???????

2. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (10-15-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019)

4. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Due to Turkey's irresponsible actions, the risk to U.S. forces in northeast Syria has reached an unacceptable level. We are also at risk of being engulfed in a broader conflict,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in a statement.

“Therefore, at the President's direction, the Department of Defense is executing a deliberate withdrawal of U.S. military personnel from northeast Syria,” he added.

The announcement came after a meeting of national security officials on Sunday and of other key administration officials at the White House earlier on Monday.

Esper said the invasion of northern Syria “has resulted in widespread casualties, refugees, destruction, insecurity, and a growing threat to U.S. military forces” in addition to “the release of many dangerous ISIS detainees.”

He further blamed Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for consequences of the offensive, “to include a potential ISIS resurgence, possible war crimes, and a growing humanitarian crisis. The bilateral relationship between our two countries has also been damaged.”

The statement added that Esper will be visiting NATO next week in Brussels, where he plans to press allied countries “to take collective and individual diplomatic and economic measures in response to these egregious Turkish actions.”

Esper a day prior had confirmed that Trump ordered a larger withdrawal of U.S. forces — about 1,000 troops — from Syria than was previously indicated. Initially, about 50 troops were moved from two locations near the Syria-Turkey border.

Trump made the decision to increase the withdrawal amid reports that Turkey will expand its offensive “further south than originally planned and to the west,” Esper said Sunday during an appearance on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Never ever stay in a war zone you can't control -and GTFO out of them when the mission is accomplished.

Trump fucked up. He should have been out months ago, but let events take over his decisions.
    The Warpigs will take you down if you feed them long enough

7. The Following 2 Users Groan At anatta For This Awful Post:

Gonzomin (10-15-2019), Rune (10-15-2019)

8. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    which "weapons" Jack?
    the S-300 is a better system. Obama screwed the deal up by not initially not letting Turkey buy Patriots

they have no state.
    their homeland is scatted why did they decide to stay along the Turkish border after warnings, and prior op?

Answer: because they wanted to fight for the territorial gains from ISIS, which are up against Turkey who does
    rightfully want the kurds unable to cross into Turkey.

Turkey protects its borders, unlike the USA that depends on Mexican troops for enforcement

Because I'm not 100% sure which are are on the ground in Turkey - I think it's the YPG.
    Since you brought it up what's the difference ? whom are there?
    "Turkey bought Russian S-400 missiles designed to down NATO planes. For the US, that's a problem"
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/13/europ...ntl/index.html

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019), Rune (10-15-2019)

10. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019), Cinnabar (10-15-2019)

12. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

U.S. forces should not be in Syria at all. Nor Lybia. It has all been an act of the deepstate production of unbuilding Earth (barack was the climactic star); with the intention of overthrowing this constitutional republic; which production began IN EARNEST on Sept. 11, 2001. Trump knows the symphonic scores of the damned deepstate; and who is directly responsible for this horror production and the Free and Living are witnesses against every propagandist (BZAarmy), politician ( rep. and dem. and international globalists) and every voting dupe. Bottom line: it has all been an 18 year human blood sacrifice production of the damned deepstate and it appears to me (as a real time witness), that Trump is closing the curtains on deepstate horror productions all over Earth and it is good. DEATHTOTHEDEEPSTATE!
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Turkey has a heavily guarded barrier along its border with Syria. I told you that Erdogan couldn't be trusted, the man is truly evil.
    Assad is an evil bastard too, along with Putin lol.

ISIS are next-level evil bastards but the other three evil bastards will take care of them.

Maybe someone can explain the compelling necessity for us to be involved with it.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (10-15-2019), Bigdog (10-15-2019)

15. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Assad is an evil bastard too, along with Putin lol.

ISIS are next-level evil bastards but the other three evil bastards will take care of them.

Maybe someone can explain the compelling necessity for us to be involved with it.
    yes. let the bastards handle it.. I hear so much junk about "our allies /we owe" Kurds.

we don't owe anyone a damn thing. that's our problem , the interventionists always say we MUST be and stay there
    In truth we have treaty obligations we need to follow and nothing more unless it serves our interests

16. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Rune (10-15-2019)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019), Darth Omar (10-15-2019)

18. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    yes. let the bastards handle it.. I hear so much junk about "our allies /we owe" Kurds.

we don't owe anyone a damn thing. that's our problem , the interventionists always say we MUST be and stay there
    In truth we have treaty obligations we need to follow and nothing more unless it serves our interests
    But that makes too much sense lol.

The established pattern is to use the military to intervene—and once the immediate objective is achieved, it becomes ‘well, we can’t leave now because_________.’

Syria is a case study in that because the Kurds will NEVER be secure as long as they don’t have their own country: they will always be occupiers on someone else’s property. So, we’re basically stuck in Syria for the long term. Forever, for all intents.

That’s why when you ask one of the neocons [because, that’s what they are] the simple question: so, when DO we pull out of Syria they ignore the question. They simply can’t answer it.

‘But, Tump’ is not an answer.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019)

20. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,567 Times in 17,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post

There was a humanitarian aspect to the US aiding the Kurds when ISIS was head chopping, burning people alive in cages and crucifying children. ISIS was defeated (not "contained" as Obama wanted) and now it's time to allow the barbarians in Syria to fight to the death...theirs, not ours.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

anatta (10-15-2019), Bigdog (10-15-2019)

22. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But that makes too much sense lol.

The established pattern is to use the military to intervene—and once the immediate objective is achieved, it becomes ‘well, we can’t leave now because_________.’

Syria is a case study in that because the Kurds will NEVER be secure as long as they don’t have their own country: they will always be occupiers on someone else’s property. So, we’re basically stuck in Syria for the long term. Forever, for all intents.

That’s why when you ask one of the neocons [because, that’s what they are] the simple question: so, when DO we pull out of Syria they ignore the question. They simply can’t answer it.

‘But, Tump’ is not an answer.
    exactly. a pullout date can't be set if the pullout endangers the Kurds.
    An the Kurds are in danger along the Turkish border -so as long as they are there they are in danger..etc

23. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019)

24. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

America has done its duty in liberating millions around the world from oppression and evil.

Perhaps it's time for the rest of the free world to step up and carry the load.

We have lost enough brave men and women.

It's not so much that we are weary of war and the enemy is not. We are weary of carrying the load.

25. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Rune (10-15-2019)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

27. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    There was a humanitarian aspect to the US aiding the Kurds when ISIS was head chopping, burning people alive in cages and crucifying children. ISIS was defeated (not "contained" as Obama wanted) and now it's time to allow the barbarians in Syria to fight to the death...theirs, not ours.
    Oddly, I don’t seem to recall the same degree of outrage [from certain parties] when that was going on.

I don’t recall the media getting their neocon on, and clamoring for us to STAY in Iraq when Obama pulled out, in spite of the fact the consequences of that *dwarfed* whatever is going on in Syria. I don’t recall the media ‘borrowing’ footage from a gun range in Kentucky in order to ‘flesh out’ their narrative about what ISIS was doing in Iraq.

I don’t recall democrats lambasting Obama for for ‘abandoning’ our ‘allies’ in the Iraqi army.

What changed?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019), Earl (10-15-2019)

29. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oddly, I don’t seem to recall the same degree of outrage [from certain parties] when that was going on.

I don’t recall the media getting their neocon on, and clamoring for us to STAY in Iraq when Obama pulled out, in spite of the fact the consequences of that *dwarfed* whatever is going on in Syria. I don’t recall the media ‘borrowing’ footage from a gun range in Kentucky in order to ‘flesh out’ their narrative about what ISIS was doing in Iraq.

I don’t recall democrats lambasting Obama for for ‘abandoning’ our ‘allies’ in the Iraqi army.

What changed?
    President Trump is what "changed".

A different set of standards by the left for him.

The warmongering left is now criticizing President Trump and his disengagement policy in Syria.

The oil in the ME is no longer a reason for the US to remain there in perpetuity. It is a reason for much of the rest of the world.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

31. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Dukkha the Doormat: "... over a clearing operation."
    Jack: Otherwise known as 'Ethnic Cleansing'.

Dukkha the Doormat: "the Kurds chose this fight as much as Turkey"
    Jack: Do you just make shit up ?

Dukkha the Doormat: "our national interest as the prime directive"
    Jack: Defeating ISIS was the Prime Directive. The Kurds, with our backing, accomplished that.

Now, with YOUR support of a 'Ethnic Cleansing' campaign by Turkey, YOU have fucked ALL the gains we have made.
    When are you signing up to fight for Syria? No blood for oil

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Bigdog (10-15-2019), Earl (10-15-2019)