1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by montgomery View Post
    https://www.rt.com/news/445354-putin..._notifications

A learning experience for Americans. The talk starts at about 22 minutes. And it includes some discussion and some explanation from Putin on the Ukraine incident.

Maybe some Americans on this board can take a break from shtting on each other for a few minutes and learn something about how a world leader is supposed to behave in public?
    This has to be Moontwat's sock puppet!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (12-02-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    What would our over 1000 military bases in over 80 other nations and our 7 hot generational shooting wars in majority muslim countries be like?
    I'm sure you're familiar with Pax Americana? It's the world order we set up as the lone superpower after WWII.
    21 st century Chinese hegemony( S. China Sea, etc.) is a good reason for it to continue.

Even China's BRI initiative is set up to keep China as the central power, since they are in it literally to establish their own world order replacing the existing.
    like anything else China does - it does it because it benefits China - not any trade partners
    ( unless by incidental coincidence)

I'm completely with you on the middle east however. Our naval base for the 5th fleet is one thing-
    Syrian land troops are completely different - and bad news.

Syria is a Russian client state as well -why are we even there? The standard response is to "check Iran"
    but that's ludicrous. we are never going to get into a shooting war with Qods force or even Shi'a militias.

Also our interests like meddling in Syria,or the great disaster of Libya interventionism/regime change
    comes from our arrogance we can manipulate states to our advantages.
    Of course it never works out that way - again Libya/Iraq being the prime examples
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

MBS and Putin, high fiving their cucking of Don and america on the world stage.

5. The Following User Groans At Fentoine Lum For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-02-2018)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"Syria is a Russian client state as well -why are we even there?" a #32
    a) U.S. national security reasons, as ISIL is regarded as a national threat.

b) Humanitarian and political reasons, as Assad is a bad guy, and we have friends in the neighborhood, Israel and Jordan for obvious examples.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sear For This Post:

kudzu (12-03-2018)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    ^ not true..the G-20 finally agreed that the WTO needed reform -that was pure Trump
    Looks to me like Trump caved to China.

The problem is you have a habit of prematurely spiking the ball in the end zone, and exaggerating, overplaying, and hyping Trump's ability to conduct international negotiations and agreements.
    I mean, Trump basically made you look like a fool when you prematurely spiked the ball in the end zone on his overhyped and largely meaningless attempts to reign in North Korea.

"There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea!" - Donald Trump, June 2018

9. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

kudzu (12-03-2018)

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

The problem is you have a habit of prematurely spiking the ball in the end zone, and exaggerating, overplaying, and hyping Trump's ability to conduct international negotiations and agreements.
    I mean, Trump basically made you look like a fool when you prematurely spiked the ball in the end zone on his overhyped and largely meaningless attempts to reign in North Korea.
    caved?? ROFL.
    even the G-20 members agreed on WTO reforms ( read China as a "developing country" terms)!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.7ff60061c63b
    Trump and Xi agreed to “immediately” begin talks on Chinese industrial policies, including coercive licensing of U.S. technology, trade secret theft and non-tariff trade barriers.

Xi as saying he is “open to approving” Qualcomm’s $44 billion takeover of NXP Semiconductors, which the American company had abandoned in July after failing to secure Chinese regulatory approvals

China purchases of what the White House called a “very substantial” amount of American farm, energy and industrial goods.

~~

you would recall Trump said FROM THE VERY BEGINNING-
    he can't make Kim Jong-un do anything. he can only use carrots and sticks.

If Trump is guilty of hyperbole about stopping missile threats (etc.) i'll give him a pass considering that even Obama said NK was the biggest threat facing the US when Trump came in.
    certainly the situation is much better if not solved

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

caved?? ROFL.
    even the G-20 members agreed on WTO reforms ( read China as a "developing country" terms)!
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.7ff60061c63b
    Trump and Xi agreed to “immediately” begin talks on Chinese industrial policies, including coercive licensing of U.S. technology, trade secret theft and non-tariff trade barriers.

Xi as saying he is “open to approving” Qualcomm’s $44 billion takeover of NXP Semiconductors, which the American company had abandoned in July after failing to secure Chinese regulatory approvals

China purchases of what the White House called a “very substantial” amount of American farm, energy and industrial goods.

~~
    you would recall Trump said FROM THE VERY BEGINNING-
    he can't make Kim Jong-un do anything. he can only use carrots and sticks.

If Trump is guilty of hyperbole about stopping missile threats (etc.) i'll give him a pass considering that even Obama said NK was the biggest threat facing the US when Trump came in.
    certainly the situation is much better if not solved
    Doesn't change the fact that you have a history of prematurely spiking the football, and declaring premature victory for Trump.

I think Trump is an incompetent dunce, who is easily played. So, once again, you should be more deliberative before doing a victory dance for Trump - by keeping in mind how foolish your North Korean victory dances look in hindsight.

14. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

15. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Doesn't change the fact that you have a history of prematurely spiking the football, and declaring premature victory for Trump.

I think Trump is an incompetent dunce, who is easily played. So, once again, you should be more deliberative before doing a victory dance for Trump - by keeping in mind how foolish your North Korean victory dances look in hindsight.
    actually I myself do not. While I certainly celebrated the reductions in tensions, stopping of missile testing and other promises; I' ve said from the very beginning NK could just be stalling-
    stringing it out to get past Trump

I know you don't want to hear this but: Trump is setting up some long gains with China, NK.

Remember please these are long term problems dropped into his lap by inaction and poor choices by previous POTUS.
    Trump is doing everything possible to solve and mitigate them -whether you hate Trump or not,
    that should be recognized

16. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

17. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

a #38

Trump is a buffoon.

"Nobody knows the system better than me." "Which is why I alone can fix it." presidential candidate Trump 16/07/21 from the campaign podium

And then again after our Republican controlled government failed at their long-promised "repeal & replace":

“Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated.” President Trump
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

18. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile, Trump wanders aimlessly.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Fentoine Lum (12-02-2018)

20. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

d7 #40

There have been shysters infesting this planet for millennia. That's not fake news. It's old news, meaning not news at all.
    Why the Republicans put this one in the white house may remain one of the most baffling mysteries of human nature for all time. Trump isn't fit to be assistant manager on the swing shift at Piggly Wiggly's. Handing him the nuclear launch codes was injudicious.

21. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

actually I myself do not. While I certainly celebrated the reductions in tensions, stopping of missile testing and other promises; I' ve said from the very beginning NK could just be stalling-
    stringing it out to get past Trump

I know you don't want to hear this but: Trump is setting up some long gains with China, NK.

Remember please these are long term problems dropped into his lap by inaction and poor choices by previous POTUS.
    Trump is doing everything possible to solve and mitigate them -whether you hate Trump or not,
    that should be recognized
    Crypiss is an arrogant sanctimonious hectoring clown, he loves to rewrite history, must be something to do with his Russian antecedents.

22. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Speaking as one of the mindless rabble, I'm puzzled: if Putin craves acceptance as a member of the rules-based international order, why does he keep assassinating people?
    Force of habit?

23. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Crypiss is an arrogant hectoring clown, he loves to rewrite history must be something to do with his Russian antecedents.
    there is a little FB group of old Bill Maher posters I'm in from way way back when Bill was on HBO and had a message board there.

I post topics a bit -but they are all lib/Trump haters for the most part and I don't get many comments in return.
    ( Althea who posts here does.. on occasion if we get into it)....anyways....

I just posted this: First Step Act
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.282b771294a3
    It’s rare to see a broad mix of Democrats, Republicans, centrists, libertarians, the American Civil Liberties Union and President Trump all on the same page. But that’s the case with the First Step Act, an ambitious sentencing reform bill five years in the making.
    ~~

I wonder if there will be comment. Just like I wonder what BAC would do ( since we are cross talking board members -and I'm not to say that about Cypress);as this help reduce sentence disparity of crack cocaine felons
    in Federal Prison..
    are they (Congressional opposition) capable of acting for the common good?
    or is TDS the mandate?

24. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump does that constantly.. I don't think he's paying attention to what is going on.. He must be day dreaming to formulate his next "heroic win" announcement.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Cypress (12-03-2018)