Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Inflation surges 7% in December, highest rate in 40 years

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
    Get ready to relive the Carter years!

Inflation rose at the fastest pace in nearly four decades in December, as rapid price gains fueled consumer fears about the economy and sent President Biden's approval rating tumbling.

The consumer price index rose 7% in December from a year ago, according to a new Labor Department report released Wednesday, marking the fastest increase since June 1982, when inflation hit 7.1%. The CPI – which measures a bevy of goods ranging from gasoline and health care to groceries and rents – jumped 0.5% in the one-month period from November.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...er-price-index
    The Biden regime is failing.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    A 40 year high for inflation.

Biden/Kam are harming Americans.
    and hardest of all on who ?

you guessed it, po folks...
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

ShadowStats real Inflation for December 2021 is 15.1%.
    ShadowStats real Unemployment for December 2021 is 24.5%.

One out of 4 Americans who wants to work can't find a job that pays the bills.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Blame greedy corporatists. Ari Melber’s show last night, he knocked it out of the park.

Our country is not alone

“The big picture: Rising prices aren’t just a problem in the United States. Thirty-nine of the countries analyzed by the Pew Research Center saw inflation increase between the third quarter of 2019 and the third quarter of this year.”

https://news.yahoo.com/u-isn-t-alone...221123571.html
    Stick to baking cookies Doris, economics is not your bag.

Fmr. White House economist warns Biden's 'irresponsible' policies will cause double-digit inflation in 2022

Kevin Hassett said Biden's policies are putting the Fed 'behind the 8-ball'

Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Hoover Institution Kevin Hassett discusses inflation outlook for 2022.
    Biden policies will cause double-digit inflation in 2022:

During an interview on "Mornings with Maria" former Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett slammed Biden policies and said he is almost certain there will be double-digit inflation in 2022.

KEVIN HASSETT: We're looking at government spending relative to GDP and about 1943 levels. And so all of the spending, especially the last run from the Democrats, has been monetized by the Fed. In fact, in some auctions, in order for the US to sell dollars worth of Treasuries, the Fed had to buy a dollar and a half because there are so many customers leaving, you know, so. So the Fed has made the spending binge possible. And now, you know, it's not just the Fed that's going to have to fix it. You know, Congress is going to have to cut spending. It's going to have to… kind of Gramm Rudman-like fix. Otherwise, the deficits are so high that the Fed's just not going to be able to get inflation under control. You know, I'm virtually certain that we're going to see double-digit inflation this year because of all the irresponsible Biden policies, both feeding demand and attacking supply. And that puts the Fed behind the 8-ball because they could lift interest rates. They could cut back on the balance sheet, but they're not going to be able to do it enough to get inflation under control.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6290465385001

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

TOP (01-13-2022)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only 7?

I tend to doubt it.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Only 7?

I tend to doubt it.
    Please use the quote feature!

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Out of control spending by the Biden/Kam Democrats are partly to blame for the out of control inflation.

They are hurting lower and middle income Americans.
    Finally...someone gets it right.

Yes, Biden is partly to blame.
    DEFINITELY.
    With his throwing, GIGANTIC amounts of money at the economy like an imbecile.

But the main culprit by a MILE is the Federal Reserve.

What so many people seem to be clueless about is the Fed - in essence - runs the economy now.
    Congress could NOT run gigantic deficits without the Fed's support (not for long).
    In fact, the Fed bought up nearly all of Congress's deficit spending this year.
    https://wallstreetwindow.com/2021/08...-ryan-mcmaken/

This had been coming for a LONG time.
    With the near-zero interest rates and massive equity stimulation.
    The Fed has been practically daring inflation to rear it's ugly head.

Personally?
    I am not sure this is the 'big one' yet.
    I expected a few more years at least before the debt bubble bursts.

Anyway, we will know in a few months?
    If inflation keeps rising...BIG trouble.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Please use the quote feature!
    I use it all the time....when I quote people......which I did not do here.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
    Get ready to relive the Carter years!

Inflation rose at the fastest pace in nearly four decades in December, as rapid price gains fueled consumer fears about the economy and sent President Biden's approval rating tumbling.

The consumer price index rose 7% in December from a year ago, according to a new Labor Department report released Wednesday, marking the fastest increase since June 1982, when inflation hit 7.1%. The CPI – which measures a bevy of goods ranging from gasoline and health care to groceries and rents – jumped 0.5% in the one-month period from November.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...er-price-index
    As a result, recovering from tRump's covid atrocity on the domestic and global economy, it appears as a result of the majority of American voters giving the lawlessly hacked in tRump tyrant the boot in 2020, there also appears serious issues to consider when it comes to the affects the covid-19 crisis has on the global economy. This is when it comes to labor shortages that are essential at moving global commerce. Essential workers are dying of this covid-19 dilemma that could have been avoided had that tRump freak not ignored serious warnings to alert humanity of the pending covid pandemic. Yet to allow it to come to the global crisis that it is now, and that goes for seditious tRump ass kissing repukes to. What is more astonishing is for assholes to blame tRump atrocities on President Biden who came into office with tRump's covid dilemma was in full affect.

Supply chain chaos is already hitting global growth. And it’s about to get worse

Thanks to the rollout of coronavirus vaccines, the global economy is slowly starting to emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic.
    But the pandemic has left one very destructive issue in its wake: disruption to global supply chains.
    The rapid spread of the virus in 2020 prompted shutdowns of industries around the world."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/supp...get-worse.html
    Last edited by gemini104104; 01-13-2022 at 03:23 AM.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

TRUMP

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Stick to baking cookies Doris, economics is not your bag.

Fmr. White House economist warns Biden's 'irresponsible' policies will cause double-digit inflation in 2022

Kevin Hassett said Biden's policies are putting the Fed 'behind the 8-ball'

Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Hoover Institution Kevin Hassett discusses inflation outlook for 2022.
    Biden policies will cause double-digit inflation in 2022:

During an interview on "Mornings with Maria" former Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett slammed Biden policies and said he is almost certain there will be double-digit inflation in 2022.

KEVIN HASSETT: We're looking at government spending relative to GDP and about 1943 levels. And so all of the spending, especially the last run from the Democrats, has been monetized by the Fed. In fact, in some auctions, in order for the US to sell dollars worth of Treasuries, the Fed had to buy a dollar and a half because there are so many customers leaving, you know, so. So the Fed has made the spending binge possible. And now, you know, it's not just the Fed that's going to have to fix it. You know, Congress is going to have to cut spending. It's going to have to… kind of Gramm Rudman-like fix. Otherwise, the deficits are so high that the Fed's just not going to be able to get inflation under control. You know, I'm virtually certain that we're going to see double-digit inflation this year because of all the irresponsible Biden policies, both feeding demand and attacking supply. And that puts the Fed behind the 8-ball because they could lift interest rates. They could cut back on the balance sheet, but they're not going to be able to do it enough to get inflation under control.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6290465385001
    foxbusiness is the business of faux bs and nothing but tabloid type fiction, lies at being a used piece of toilet paper when it comes to its relationship with America and anything else of a decent nature.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

FOX

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Finally...someone gets it right.

Yes, Biden is partly to blame.
    DEFINITELY.
    With his throwing, GIGANTIC amounts of money at the economy like an imbecile.

But the main culprit by a MILE is the Federal Reserve.

What so many people seem to be clueless about is the Fed - in essence - runs the economy now.
    Congress could NOT run gigantic deficits without the Fed's support (not for long).
    In fact, the Fed bought up nearly all of Congress's deficit spending this year.
    https://wallstreetwindow.com/2021/08...-ryan-mcmaken/

This had been coming for a LONG time.
    With the near-zero interest rates and massive equity stimulation.
    The Fed has been practically daring inflation to rear it's ugly head.

Personally?
    I am not sure this is the 'big one' yet.
    I expected a few more years at least before the debt bubble bursts.

Anyway, we will know in a few months?
    If inflation keeps rising...BIG trouble.
    Yes correct, these arseholes are too young and stupid to know but they are about to find out about the corrosive effects of inflation. I sincerely hope that they never experience stagflation first hand.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 01-13-2022 at 06:36 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

McRocket (01-13-2022)

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    As a result, recovering from tRump's covid atrocity on the domestic and global economy, it appears as a result of the majority of American voters giving the lawlessly hacked in tRump tyrant the boot in 2020, there also appears serious issues to consider when it comes to the affects the covid-19 crisis has on the global economy. This is when it comes to labor shortages that are essential at moving global commerce. Essential workers are dying of this covid-19 dilemma that could have been avoided had that tRump freak not ignored serious warnings to alert humanity of the pending covid pandemic. Yet to allow it to come to the global crisis that it is now, and that goes for seditious tRump ass kissing repukes to. What is more astonishing is for assholes to blame tRump atrocities on President Biden who came into office with tRump's covid dilemma was in full affect.

Supply chain chaos is already hitting global growth. And it’s about to get worse

Thanks to the rollout of coronavirus vaccines, the global economy is slowly starting to emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic.
    But the pandemic has left one very destructive issue in its wake: disruption to global supply chains.
    The rapid spread of the virus in 2020 prompted shutdowns of industries around the world."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/supp...get-worse.html
    That was from October.
    Before the latest inflation statistics.
    Back when people still thought inflation was 'transitory' and largely based on supply chain issues.

Even the Fed has now abandoned that line of thinking - hence the promised rate hikes for this year.
    Inflation is no longer 'transitory'.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ation-reality/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-13-2022)

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    You making this statement means you are ignorant about how things work.
    no lib'rul should pretend they understand how things work......they are always wrong....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”