Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamanomics in action....what a leader....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Default Obamanomics in action....what a leader....

Betcha pinheads can't wait to re-elect their chief pinhead....

Boston Scientific Corp. said yesterday that it plans to eliminate 1,200 to 1,400 jobs worldwide during the next 2 1/2 years to free money for new investments, the Natick medical device maker’s second major round of cuts since last year.

The company would not say how many jobs will be lost in Massachusetts, where fewer than 2,000 of its 25,000 employees are based. In February 2010, Boston Scientific said it would pare 1,300 jobs worldwide, but similarly did not say where.

Yesterday’s move, a day after Boston Scientific disclosed it was investing $150 million and hiring 1,000 people in China, raised fears that the company will gradually shift more work to foreign sites with less government oversight and lower costs than the United States.

http://www.boston.com/business/healt...off_1200_plus/

WASHINGTON—The transformative health-care bill is slated for President Barack Obama's signature this week in the culmination of efforts by generations of Democrats to achieve near-universal health coverage.

The focus now shifts to the Senate, which will take up a companion bill as early as Tuesday.

The landmark health-care bill is slated for President Obama's signature as focus moves to the Senate. But as WSJ's Peter Landers tells Simon Constable on the News Hub, the road to its completion is a bumpy one.

The House gave final passage Sunday to the Senate's health legislation in a 219-to-212 vote, as Democrats muscled the measure through on the strength of the party's big majority. In the final roll call, no House Republican voted for the bill, and 34 Democrats voted no, many of them representing Republican-leaning districts.

A short while later, the House, voting 220 to 211, approved a companion bill making changes to the Senate bill, a measure necessary to attract support in the House. All Republicans voted against the companion bill, as did 33 Democrats.

No doubt, Bush will get the blame for the loss of jobs.....hahaha...
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 90 Posts

Bush is to blame for our present economic crisis.
    Peace Love and Light Wanderingbear

http://www.hippieland.net

3. The Following User Groans At wanderingbear For This Awful Post:

DamnYankee (07-31-2011)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanderingbear For This Post:

poet (07-30-2011), Rune (07-30-2011)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You batting 1000.....wondering bare.....

I suspect Bush was on the grassy knoll too.....right ?
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default In Action?!!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post

Love it. It's now a crazy conspiracy theory that the economy crashed on Bush's watch.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Love it. It's now a crazy conspiracy theory that the economy crashed on Bush's watch.

It's no conspiracy theory. The economy did crash on Bush's watch, in Oct 2008. Obama didn't take office until Jan 2009.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't worry folks, nothing to see here. Just another Bravo Fail thread.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/bu....16321064.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28000264...s-cut-jobs-ks/
    President George W. Bush expressed remorse that the global financial crisis has cost jobs and harmed retirement accounts and said he'll back more government intervention if needed to ease the recession.

"I'm sorry it's happening, of course," Bush said in a wide-ranging interview with ABC's "World News," which was airing Monday. "Obviously I don't like the idea of people losing jobs, or being worried about their 401(k)s. On the other hand, the American people got to know that we will safeguard the system. I mean, we're in. And if we need to be in more, we will."

The U.S. economy fell into a recession in December 2007, the National Bureau of Economic Research reported on Monday. Many economists believe the current downturn will last until the middle of 2009 and will be the most severe slump since the 1981-82 recession.
    On the war in Iraq, Bush said the biggest regret of his presidency was the "intelligence failure" regarding the extent of the Saddam Hussein threat to the United States. With the support of Congress, Bush ordered the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003 — a decision largely justified on grounds — later proved false — that Saddam was building weapons of mass destruction.

Asked if he would have ordered the U.S.-led invasion if intelligence reports had accurately indicated that Saddam did not have the weapons, Bush replied: "You know, that's an interesting question. That is a do-over that I can't do. It's hard for me to speculate."

During a discussion about what Americans should know about what it is like to be president, Bush was asked what he was most unprepared for going into the office.

"I think I was unprepared for war," he said. "In other words, I didn't campaign and say, `Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack.' In other words, I didn't anticipate war. Presidents — one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen."

On the presidential election, Bush called Barack Obama's victory a "repudiation of Republicans."
    "I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me," said Bush, who leaves office with low approval ratings. "I think most people voted for Barack Obama because they decided they wanted him to be in their living room for the next four years explaining policy. In other words, they made a conscious choice to put him in as president."

As he leaves office, Bush said he felt responsible for the economic downturn because it's occurring on his watch, but he added: "I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so" before he became president.

He said he would like to see "instant liquidity" in the markets given the extent of the financial rescue plan, yet he understands that fear has paralyzed the markets.

Other political news of note NBC News Debt-limit deadlock; Senate kills Boehner bill
    Lawmakers determined to avoid an unprecedented government default remained at an impasse over raising the nation's debt limit Saturday as prospects of economic chaos loomed.

.NYT: Global concern for US debt disagreement
    Troops ask amid debt crisis: Will we get paid?
    Voter frustration grows as debt deadline looms
    New rules to demand far higher fuel economy
    .."It is hard for the average citizen to understand how frozen the system became and how over-leveraged the system became," Bush said. "And so what we're watching is the de-leveraging of our financial markets, which is obviously affecting the growth of the economy."

Last week, the Bush administration and the Federal Reserve pledged $800 billion to break through blockades on credit cards, auto loans, mortgages and other borrowing. The latest moves raised U.S. commitments to contain the financial crisis to nearly $7 trillion — though no one thinks the government will actually spend that much.
    The figures include loans that are expected to be repaid, loan authorities to back mortgages, purchases of stock in banks, guarantees to support loans among banks and pledges backing other transactions.

"This economy will recover," Bush said in the interview conducted last Wednesday at the Camp David, Md., presidential retreat. "And when it recovers, many of the assets backed by the government now will be redeemed, and we will — could conceivably — make money off of some of the holdings."

Later in the interview, he said: "I can't guarantee that we'll get all our money back, but it's conceivable we could."

Bush's own words. What problem do you have with reality???????????- poet

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Dune View Post
    Don't worry folks, nothing to see here. Just another Bravo Fail thread.
    With the internet readily available to most..I can't believe that "they" would even try to counter the truth with BS.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    With the internet readily available to most..I can't believe that "they" would even try to counter the truth with BS.
    You wouldn't think so, yet that is their only tactic. The truth cannot be used at all, since it implicates them and their designs.

Hence posters such as Dixie, the babbling denier of truth,
    SuperFreak, whose only super power is the ability to constantly change the topic in a barrage of irelevant factiods,
    Yurt the ancle biter who only attacks the messenger, never the message,
    Damp Hankie who obdurately denies the facts till no one can be bothered to counter his claims any longer, then claims a win
    The Skank sisters, see Yurt above
    and the rash (more like fungi) of ignorant conservatards who simply parrot Fox news talking points, and worst of all, beleive every ridiculous assertion they utter.

The entire right wing propaganda machine is built on the single premise that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth...for some.
    Unfortunately, for some time now, that gullible "some", those stupid enough to repeatedly vote against their own best interests has been enough to keep them in power.

Poll after poll recently though, have shown that far more than 1/2 the population is now clearly aware of facts of the case, that jobs matter more right now than deficit reduction, that the rich and their servants in congress are willing to sacrifice NOTHING of their own to secure said deficit reduction, in fact, the rich and their servants care not a wisp whether those most dependent on the safety nets known as entitlements (and paid for in advance by their beneficiaries) simply die of starvation, insuffient medical care or lack of heat in the winter or cooling in the summer.

As people become more aware of the vast screwing which has/is occuring, they will become more curious, and the truth will become impossible to contain/withhold.

I laugh at the future of the GOP. Either they lose by the vote, or they will mortaly lose. I hope it is the former, since so many innocents are killed in armed insurrection, and so many guilty escape justice, but one way or another this top heavy cart will tip soon.
    Last edited by Rune; 07-30-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

13. The Following User Groans At Rune For This Awful Post:

Mr. Groan (07-31-2011)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Dune View Post
    You wouldn't think so, yet that is their only tactic. The truth cannot be used at all, since it implicates them and their designs.

Hence posters such as Dixie, the babbling denier of truth,
    SuperFreak, whose only super power is the ability to constantly change the topic in a barrage of irelevant factiods,
    Yurt the ancle biter who only attacks the messenger, never the message,
    Damp Hankie who obdurately denies the facts till no one can be bothered to counter his claims any longer, then claims a win
    The Skank sisters, see Yurt above
    and the rash (more like fungi) of ignorant conservatards who simply parrot Fox news talking points, and worst of all, beleive every ridiculous assertion they utter.

The entire right wing propaganda machine is built on the single premise that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth...for some.
    Unfortunately, for some time now, that gullible "some", those stupid enough to repeatedly vote against their own best interests has been enough to keep them in power.

Poll after poll recently though, have shown that far more than 1/2 the population is now clearly aware of facts of the case, that jobs matter more right now than deficit reduction, that the rich and their servants in congress are willing to sacrifice NOTHING of their own to secure said deficit reduction, in fact, the rich and their servants care not a wisp whether those most dependent on the safety nets known as entitlements (and paid for in advance by their beneficiaries) simply die of starvation, insuffient medical care or lack of heat in the winter or cooling in the summer.

As people become more aware of the vast screwing which has/is occuring, they will become more curious, and the truth will become impossible to contain/withhold.

I laugh at the future of the GOP. Either they lose by the vote, or they will mortaly lose. I hope it is the former, since so many innocents are killed in armed insurrection, and so many guilty escape justice, but one way or another this top heavy cart will tip soon.
    You are so "dead on". I shudder to think what the Founding Fathers would think of the GOP and the Tea Party, whom they love to invoke, laying claim to them as if they embody their intentions or hopes and dreams. Fox News was a "spin machine" for the Bush Administration. Now they are representative of the townsfolk in "Frankenstein", with their torches and pitchforks, determined to burn and pillage until things go their way. "Wayward, misguided children" is all that they are...and they need an ass-whooping, in the worst way. The stupids running as fast as they can off a steep cliff, don't understand that if they destroy Obama, they, in fact, destroy themselves. That is the mindset of a psychopath. And the last person to know that they are sick is the patient, him or herself.
    Rock on.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nice rant if you're living in the past.......hardly relevant to the op dealing with now the 3rd year of the present pinheads in power in Washington...

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nice rant if you're living in the past.......hardly relevant to the op dealing with now the 3rd year of the present pinheads in power in Washington...
    So...as usual you offer no counter-argument?

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 52 Posts

How can it all be Bush's fault when the Progressive democrap machine has had majority rule for 3 years now and the only thing they can come up with is how to spend more money and double the amount of money that the federal government spends each year. Meanwhile they continue to add more regulations and want to add more taxes onto small business owners.

So how can that be Bush's fault? What a bunch of blind fools.

Or should we say that anyone who blames Bush for the current economy today is just a tool?

3 years of control and the idiots still cannot figure it out.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. T For This Post:

Liberty (07-31-2011)

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Mr. T;844981]How can it all be Bush's fault when the Progressive democrap machine has had majority rule for 3 years now and the only thing they can come up with is how to spend more money and double the amount of money that the federal government spends each year. Meanwhile they continue to add more regulations and want to add more taxes onto small business owners.

So how can that be Bush's fault? What a bunch of blind fools.

Or should we say that anyone who blames Bush for the current economy today is just a tool?

So, Obama took office when?

It is what year now?

That adds up to three years to you?

The economy was trashed so bad by Bush, it may take many more years to right it.

Is that too difficult for you to understand?