Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DEMOCRATS in the news

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    After it’s divided up, it becomes “revenue” for those people and is taxed as income for them.
    It doesn't become revenue, it becomes income.

Revenue is not income.

People can't make revenue, they make an income.

You definitely have COVID brain.

So you think the government should add ANOTHER layer of taxation to that?
    Yeppers.

That's a big "Yes indeedly do neighborino"

In other words, tax the total revenue of the corporation
    No one has proposed that.

All anyone has proposed is increasing taxes on corporate profits, which is what Warren is talking about with regard to corporations. You are conflating "revenue" with "profit" and "income" because you don't know what any of them actually are.

Revenue doesn't get taxed, profits do.

If you don't make any profit, then you don't pay tax on it.

If you make profit, you pay tax on it.

There is no way that taxing profit is going to eliminate profit unless the tax rate is 100%, which no one is suggesting.

When you look at your paycheck, does it say income tax or revenue tax?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did you know that warren still wants a wealth tax?
    Wealth is not revenue!

So again, because you have no fucking argument, you keep switching the parameters around what you're discussing while conflating it all together because you're not smart enough to understand each piece on its own.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, that means that these ultra millionaires would pay an additional tax on their accumulated wealth every year.
    And you oppose this, why?

THAT MEANS A TAX ON CASH AND ASSETS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAXED YEARS BEFORE AS INCOME!
    So what?

When does it end with you vultures?
    You just helped make the case for taxing wealth for me, you realize...

You did it by admitting that these people hoard their wealth and keep it out of the economy...the more they keep out, the smaller the economy becomes for everyone else.

What a fucking idiot you are...helping me make my arguments for me by being incredibly stupid.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Instead of talking about margins, why don't you just post their actual profits?

Is the reason because their profits are in the billions, and you can't make a phony baloney point about that?
    so they take less profits - which means they are pricing small mom and pops out of competing. - and you will bitch about that instead

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You and your ignorant ilk are not the arbiters of obscenity in fiduciary matters
    And neither are you...and to that point I must remind you that you cut taxes at the end of 2017 and the result was growth worse than Obama's, with $8T added to the debt.

Why did you do that?

Why did you grow the debt by 50% in 4 years, and what do you and Trump have to show for it?

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can’t make decisions because you have no understanding of finance and I suspect that you hate money in general or maybe just the people that have it.
    Oh right, you're the ones who added $8T to the debt in 4 years, destroyed the economy, lost 30M jobs, had the worst market growth in a decade following the tax cut, saw a decline in business investment the first year of the tax cut, plunged manufacturing into a recesion pre-COVID, had to spend $30B bailing out farmer trash who didn't pay any of it back, and dropped the whole economy into a recession the month before lockdowns started...

...but I'm the one with no understanding of Finance?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    so they take less profits - which means they are pricing small mom and pops out of competing. - and you will bitch about that instead
    They have already priced mom and pop out YEARS AGO, where the fuck have you been this century??????

BTW - mom and pop make maybe $100K a year in profit...in fact, that's the average profit for a small business...just $100,000.

So by all means, show us here how increasing Kroger's taxes would affect mom and pop, who haven't had a store in two decades.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They have already priced mom and pop out YEARS AGO, where the fuck have you been this century??????

BTW - mom and pop make maybe $100K a year in profit...in fact, that's the average profit for a small business...just $100,000.

So by all means, show us here how increasing Kroger's taxes would affect mom and pop, who haven't had a store in two decades.
    haha - there it is.

when we talk covid deaths, we always discuss in scale - deaths per thousand. just about everything we discuss is in this context

but not when it harms you, you would have us ignore scale. just look at this national company and the profits. ignore the margins - it is profits that matter.

once again, your are just a mouth breather hoping/preying to lobby for someone to give you another hand out by vilifying those who produce and contribute to society with very low margins

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

when we talk covid deaths, we always discuss in scale - deaths per thousand. just about everything we discuss is in this context
    Scale is not margins, and I don't talk about deaths per thousand, I talk about the 900,000 people who died from COVID thanks to you and Trump not taking it seriously.

This deaths per thousand or whatever only became a metric you wanted to establish as some kind of standard because that was the easiest way to make your Nazi pals look less terrible for repeating all the same fucking mistakes NY and NJ made from Mar-Apr 2020.

So if we're talking about deaths per thousand from COVID, then let's do that...and let's start the count on 5/1/20, because that's when the mitigation efforts really began.

So from Mar 2020-Present, the deaths per thousand metric shows NJ in 4th and NY in 6th, but if you started counting the deaths per thousand metric in May 2020, when mitigation in NY and NJ started working, NJ and NY drop waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy down the list in deaths per thousand.

You're a sophist. And not a very good one.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

but not when it harms you, you would have us ignore scale. just look at this national company and the profits. ignore the margins - it is profits that matter.
    Profits are all that matters.

You're not a very good capitalist if you think otherwise.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

once again, your are just a mouth breather hoping/preying to lobby for someone to give you another hand out by vilifying those who produce and contribute to society with very low margins
    You drink your own piss and you lick boots.

Your breath must be awful.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

(Tell me you've never been on an investor call without telling me you've never been on an investor call)

Because every investor call I've ever been on has talked purely about profits and losses, and the growth of both, but not margins.

And every quarterly earnings report I receive talks about net income, the balance sheet, and the cash flow.

When I turn on CNBC to get analysis of those reports, all they talk about is the Y-o-Y performance of the company, and that is measured in net profits and backed by a P&L and/or cash flow.

So...that's how I know you're bullshitting me.

You come on JPP, run your mouth, and then end up putting your tiny, tiny foot in it because you underestimated the people you decided to fuck with, who fuck right back.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

(Tell me you've never been on an investor call without telling me you've never been on an investor call)

Because every investor call I've ever been on has talked purely about profits and losses, and the growth of both, but not margins.

And every quarterly earnings report I receive talks about net income, the balance sheet, and the cash flow.

When I turn on CNBC to get analysis of those reports, all they talk about is the Y-o-Y performance of the company, and that is measured in net profits and backed by a P&L and/or cash flow.

So...that's how I know you're bullshitting me.

You come on JPP, run your mouth, and then end up putting your tiny, tiny foot in it because you underestimated the people you decided to fuck with, who fuck right back.
    child, stop digging the hole if you ever want to get out of your moms basement

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ng-margins.asp

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

child, stop digging the hole if you ever want to get out of your moms basement

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ng-margins.asp
    STOP.

So you think that posting what operating margins are somehow wins the argument for you?

Not one single investor call or quarterly performance report focuses on margins over profits.

You are talking out of your ass and you think that by posting a generic link, that somehow establishes the standard you tried to establish, but couldn't.

And the kicker is that it wasn't even you who tried to establish that standard, you picked it up when TA did a complete fuckin' face plant on it because you thought you could make a better argument.

Well, you couldn't.

Here's a quarterly earnings report from Kroger, can you please show me where the margins are directly addressed other than the single bullet of "margins net of investment" on Page 11: https://s1.q4cdn.com/137099145/files...on-v.FINAL.pdf
    Last edited by LV426; 01-14-2022 at 08:12 AM.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

STOP.

So you think that posting what operating margins are somehow wins the argument for you?

Not one single investor call or quarterly performance report focuses on margins over profits.

You are talking out of your ass and you think that by posting a generic link, that somehow establishes the standard you tried to establish, but couldn't.

And the kicker is that it wasn't even you who tried to establish that standard, you picked it up when TA did a complete fuckin' face plant on it because you thought you could make a better argument.

Well, you couldn't.
    any investor that says they mean nothing is an idiot investor

oh - hi. how are you. forgot the audience.