Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump Fail: Shrinking Government Another Lie. Govt Now Bigger Than Trump Got It.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Fail: Shrinking Government Another Lie. Govt Now Bigger Than Trump Got It.

Trump took office with a federal workforce at 2,810,000 workers.

Now it is 2,820,000 workers.

Added another ten thousand workers as he cut revenue. No wonder the debt is going sky high.

Data From The BLS Indicates Federal Workforce Larger Than Ever (open link and click '5Y' for the 5 year graph)

All the nonsense about shrinking government, draining the swamp, all hogwash.

You can see on the graph that he tried in the beginning, but lost his determination. He didn't follow through on his claims. He dropped the ball.

And he is spending more, too.

And the debt and the deficit have also gone up, up, up.

Trump lied.

Republicans were only pretending to care about small government and less spending when Obama was in office. Now we see they don't really care about big debts as long as they get big tax cuts for the rich. And they don't care if it destroys the country.

It is clear conservatives care more about money than anything else, including being patriotic to their country. Many conservatives will tell you very quickly, if you raise taxes on the rich, they will leave. Can you imagine that? These people care so little about their country they would gladly leave for a few dollars. And they are already rich. Amazing. Now that we have determined their patriotism can be bought the only detail to work out is how much.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-14-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-15-2019), Trumpet (08-14-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Horse mierda, you love big government. Stop with the feigned outrage, Snowflake.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Callinectes (08-14-2019), Truth Detector (08-15-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Republicans always make government bigger. Notice how all the countries with small government are liberal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (08-19-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He actually tried to fulfill this promise.

You can see on the graph where the total number of fed workers actually went down shortly after Trump took office.

But then I guess he lost his determination.

Total number of federal workers has now wiped out all the reductions and then added some.

And this, despite the large number of unfilled positions and positions where there is an 'acting' worker who is only temporary.

Trump failed to keep his word.

All that baloney about smaller government was just nonsense.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-15-2019)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-15-2019)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Republicans always make government bigger. Notice how all the countries with small government are liberal.
    What countries qualify as having small government in your book?

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Economic freedom is one way. Others are freedom of the press, civil liberties, ect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...onomic_freedom

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Economic freedom is one way. Others are freedom of the press, civil liberties, ect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...onomic_freedom
    For a number of years Hong Kong's economy was considered one of the most capitalistic and laissez-faire in the world. How are you considering that liberal by our definitions unless you are referring to it as classically liberal.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    He actually tried to fulfill this promise.

You can see on the graph where the total number of fed workers actually went down shortly after Trump took office.

But then I guess he lost his determination.

Total number of federal workers has now wiped out all the reductions and then added some.

And this, despite the large number of unfilled positions and positions where there is an 'acting' worker who is only temporary.

Trump failed to keep his word.

All that baloney about smaller government was just nonsense.
    what about Congress? Congress ( Dems) have demanded a 1 to 1 ratio of increased domestic spending for any military increases ( devistated by sequestor under Obama)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-15-2019)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Horse mierda, you love big government. Stop with the feigned outrage, Snowflake.
    No he is correct "earl," and in addition, Trump has strengthen the power of the Executive Branch, another tenet conservatives told us at one time was contrary to their core principles

17. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-15-2019)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump took office with a federal workforce at 2,810,000 workers.

Now it is 2,820,000 workers.

Added another ten thousand workers as he cut revenue. No wonder the debt is going sky high.

Data From The BLS Indicates Federal Workforce Larger Than Ever (open link and click '5Y' for the 5 year graph)

All the nonsense about shrinking government, draining the swamp, all hogwash.

You can see on the graph that he tried in the beginning, but lost his determination. He didn't follow through on his claims. He dropped the ball.

And he is spending more, too.

And the debt and the deficit have also gone up, up, up.

Trump lied.

Republicans were only pretending to care about small government and less spending when Obama was in office. Now we see they don't really care about big debts as long as they get big tax cuts for the rich. And they don't care if it destroys the country.

It is clear conservatives care more about money than anything else, including being patriotic to their country. Many conservatives will tell you very quickly, if you raise taxes on the rich, they will leave. Can you imagine that? These people care so little about their country they would gladly leave for a few dollars. And they are already rich. Amazing. Now that we have determined their patriotism can be bought the only detail to work out is how much.
    Well yeah. First you rebuild the military (what we're SUPPOSED to be spending money on under the Constitution) that Obama utterly gutted to the bone and beyond, back to a point at which we can defend ourselves again. Then you fix the left's wait-and-die government health care system known as the VA (which also requires hiring a lot of people). And then you fight Democrats tooth and nail to remove all the offices they created that shouldn't even exist.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to artichoke For This Post:

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    The Duchy of Grand Fenwick and Lower Slobvia

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    what about Congress? Congress ( Dems) have demanded a 1 to 1 ratio of increased domestic spending for any military increases ( devistated by sequestor under Obama)
    As it should be, but your point is irrelevant, Trump, even with an advancing economy has found a way to increase discretionary spending, another not only contradicts what was supposedly conservative principles but also makes little economic sense with indicators up

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

In which departments and branches of government did this growth occur? I remember him calling for more border patrol and judges and such when the border crisis got totally out of hand, other than that, I wouldn't see any need for the growth. On the other hand, I remember clinton's declaration that the era of big government was over, and he actually took steps to reduce the number of federal employees! Know how he did it? The great fat boy purge of the military, that's how! After the last weigh-in of my 25 year career, I was 4 pounds overweight. I was called into my CO's office where I was solemnly told that I had 4 months to lose the 4 pounds or I would be processed for discharge. I retired shortly after that, but I watched a metric shit ton of corporate knowledge flushed down the shitter because a senior NCO was a few pounds overweight. But heaven forbid some bureaucratic flunky in the department of redundancy department be sent packing! This is also why we don't see a lot of campaign "promises" anymore, because man plans and God laughs.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Well yeah. First you rebuild the military (what we're SUPPOSED to be spending money on under the Constitution) that Obama utterly gutted to the bone and beyond, back to a point at which we can defend ourselves again. Then you fix the left's wait-and-die government health care system known as the VA (which also requires hiring a lot of people). And then you fight Democrats tooth and nail to remove all the offices they created that shouldn't even exist.
    Another talk radio whopper, listening to the right you would think our military resembled Japan's, wasn't one of the 2012 election fabrications that no new naval ship had been built in decades, or some similar fiction? We have always, and still do, far outspend any other nation in the world

Facts remain, Trump has increased Gov't spending, enlarged the size of the Federal Gov't, ran up bigger deficits, strengthened the Exective Branch, and added disproportionately to the debt even with an advancing economy, all which at one time conservatives told us contradicted their core principles

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    A good and truly popular President would enjoy the support of national polling majorities and both houses of Congress and be able to get popular agenda passed if that's what most of the nation truly wanted.