Members banned from this thread: evince and domer76

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do liberals dislike america so much?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

What a stupid premise. There is nothing holy about America. We slaughtered the native Americans, enslaved and abused blacks and waged wars across the globe for land and resources. We have an enormous portion of our citizens in jail and some make a profit off that.
    We have the potential, but atavistic thinking will not make us better, Trump will absolutely not make us a better and fairer place.
    We can be a better country. We have the freedom to fix our ills.

2. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (05-25-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Jade Dragon (05-25-2019), Phantasmal (05-25-2019), TTQ64 (05-30-2019)

4. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Respect for the flag is a personal preference that conservatives have and leftists do not have. It has nothing to do with policy. Many people who love the country and respect the flag become disgusted when they see that leftists do not. The funny thing about living in America is that one does not have to actually love this country. But, leftists are always going to get called-out for it, and for good reason: Why should those of us who are patriots have to be impacted by any measures supported by those who are not? During the Revolutionary War, many patriots forced many loyalists to go live in Canada.
    We don't support the flag, because you shove it down our throats, and get butthurt over it. A huge portion of those doing so still parade around a flag of treason. Talk about disrespecting the flag. What they place in an empty symbol, I'd rather place in people. I love this country, but I sure as hell am not proud of it. Not only is pride a sin, but the country doesn't deserve it. We should all be embarrassed for the shell of ourselves this country is. Just like with family, you won't kiss ass, and say you're doing great, when you're a mess. You'd knock them till they woke up, and got things together. That's what caring about someone, or something really means. Much better then hollow cheering, that we're the best, no matter what the score is. As a country we are far from the best, and in many ways we just plain suck. If you care for real, you'd work to change it.

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I know exactly what you are, a socially awkward, spoiled, upper middle class brat. Who talks a big line and trolls.

I do like you, but you, like all brats, say things for the shock effect. You may, indeed, truly think and believe the things you post, but you’re passive aggressive and the type that never acts on your threats.

You don’t know what CD is if you think I suffer from it. My actions do not conflict with my beliefs.
    Not true

You made all of your money off of fossil fuels

You live in red states yet call yourself a leftiST

I would never live in blue state

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    We don't support the flag, because you shove it down our throats, and get butthurt over it. A huge portion of those doing so still parade around a flag of treason. Talk about disrespecting the flag. What they place in an empty symbol, I'd rather place in people. I love this country, but I sure as hell am not proud of it. Not only is pride a sin, but the country doesn't deserve it. We should all be embarrassed for the shell of ourselves this country is. Just like with family, you won't kiss ass, and say you're doing great, when you're a mess. You'd knock them till they woke up, and got things together. That's what caring about someone, or something really means. Much better then hollow cheering, that we're the best, no matter what the score is. As a country we are far from the best, and in many ways we just plain suck. If you care for real, you'd work to change it.
    KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

I hope one day you eat yourself into a massive heart attack

7. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (05-25-2019)

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Did your Queen tell you that?

No, I'm capable of independent thought as you well know.

That's a cute video though; I like a cat with moxie!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I love the country and despise trump. I have faith that this great country will come together and heal after trump's reign of terror ends.
    Opposing Trump is likely one of the most patriotic things most Americans have done. He deserves nothing but our scorn and resistance.

Its also one of the many, many, many things you can do to show that you do, in fact, love America.

As for the OP; it is Conservatives who are opposed to the FBI and law enforcement. It is Conservatives who do not like freedom of speech. And yes, it is Conservatives who are applauding the usurpation of our institutions.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JPF For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-25-2019), Jade Dragon (05-25-2019), rjhenn (05-27-2019)

11. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    What a stupid premise. There is nothing holy about America. We slaughtered the native Americans, enslaved and abused blacks and waged wars across the globe for land and resources. We have an enormous portion of our citizens in jail and some make a profit off that.
    We have the potential, but atavistic thinking will not make us better, Trump will absolutely not make us a better and fairer place.
    We can be a better country. We have the freedom to fix our ills.
    Every country in the world has made mistakes, has previous faults. A perfect country does not exist.

However, no other country has contributed more to humanity and the world than the USA.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

JPF (05-25-2019), USFREEDOM911 (05-25-2019)

13. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by g r i n d View Post

When obama is in charge, liberals are barely over the 50% number.
    Otherwise, way down in the 30's.

WIth republicans, they love america no matter who is president, even if it's obama who republicans obviously hated with a passion.

It seems that republicans/conservatives are more principled, and still love america more and don't let their hatred for a president make them dislike their coutry

Liberals on the otherhand, do not appreciate america. They don't like free speech, they don't like guns, they don't support our police, they always whine about moving to canada. Liberals are pathetic losers.
    Bullshit
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

TTQ64 (05-30-2019)

15. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I love the country and despise trump. I have faith that this great country will come together and heal after trump's reign of terror ends.
    Obama ripped the country apart. For what he did, reign of terror is a mild description.

Did you have a problem with that?

16. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Every country in the world has made mistakes, has previous faults. A perfect country does not exist.

However, no other country has contributed more to humanity and the world than the USA.
    Your belief. Those things are not just oops. They represent serious evil. We do sell weapons around the world. That what you mean?

17. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're sounding like Owlwoman.
    so

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

18. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Your belief. Those things are not just oops. They represent serious evil. We do sell weapons around the world. That what you mean?
    You know nothing about history if that's what you think or have been brainwashed to think, rather. Read and learn.

19. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Obama ripped the country apart. For what he did, reign of terror is a mild description.

Did you have a problem with that?
    Saying he "ripped the country apart" is an opinion I don't share.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

20. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

You should respect or disrespect the flag at face value without any regard for how others view it. I am not responsible for your hatred of the flag and what it stands for. Neither are traitorous neo-Confederates. You sound like a really wimpy stereotype. It's a dumb move for Democrats to literally cede the US flag to the GOP.

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 33 Posts

Over the last 2.3 years, that great heritage of contribution has almost completely turned around. This is probably one of the darkest times in American History as far as being a good neighbor goes. We criticize our allies, befriend our enemies who have zero interest in our welfare, pick needless fights with our neighbors and have become much meaner as a people.