Thread: Downtown Los Angeles

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I understand that teabaggers are terrified of anyone with brown skin, and horrified by world culture and foreign languages.

I recently stayed at the landmark Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and had a very pleasant time. I walked around day and night, and visited a lot of cool restaruants, cafes, and pubs.

If ever in downtown LA, I recommend a visit to the Grand Central Market an emporium hosting hundreds of food vendors collectively bringing together the cuisines and cultures of Los Angeles - basically any kind of ethnic, specialty, or American-esque food you could imagine.
    Tell me just who do you consider Tea Baggers? Kind of a broad term so exactly are these chicken Tea Baggers?

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

DEMOCRAT-CONTROLLED

They’ve led the nation in welcoming illegal immigrants, sanctuary cities, the minimum wage, welfare programs, and stupid Hollywood celebrities.

Despite all that (especially the leftist brain trust in Tinseltown), the state also leads the nation in poverty.

And not just because it’s the largest state by population, but by percentage.

More than one in five Californians now live in poverty, new data released by the Census Bureau indicates.

At 20.4 percent, that poverty rate is higher than in any other state (only Washington DC has a higher rate at 21 percent). The national poverty rate stands at 14.7 percent.

Amazingly, The Orange County Register reports, while the state with the largest economy in the country has 12 percent of the national population, they account for a full one-third of all families in the nation receiving money from the Clinton-era “Temporary Assistance for Needy Families,” which sucks almost $20 billion from the federal budget.

Why are so many Californians in poverty? There are many reasons. One of the first is the high cost of housing.

According to a report on the housing crisis by the California Department of Housing and Community Development, “production averaged less than 80,000 new homes annually over the last 10 years, and ongoing production continues to fall far below the projected need of 180,000 additional homes annually.”

As a result, homeownership rates are at the lowest they’ve been since the 1940s, as increasing proportions of renters find themselves rent-burdened.

According to the California Budget & Policy Center, more than half of renter households pay more than 30 percent of their incomes for housing, and one-third pay more than half of their incomes for housing.

So while only 12 percent of the population, 22 percent of the country’s homeless are in California.

But there are other factors, as the OC Register points out: They have some of the highest tax rates in the country and some of the least business-friendly policies as well.

In a recent WalletHub report on overall tax burdens, California ranked 10th-worst in the country. Meanwhile, the Tax Foundation ranked California 48th in its 2017 State Business Tax Climate Index due to California’s distinction of having some of the highest income, sales and corporate tax rates in the nation.

California is consistently ranked as one of the worst states to do business in. For the last 13 years, in fact, the state has ranked dead last for “perceived business friendliness.”

Taken together, California’s barriers to business will, in turn, harm the poor the most. If California wants to seriously address its high levels of poverty and factors aggravating it, like high housing costs, it must relinquish its commitment to excessive taxation and regulation.

DEMOCRATS who control California will not learn a thing from this lesson. They will continue to drive their state further into the ditch by sucking taxpayers dry, alienating the business community and imposing burdensome and idiotic regulations on its people.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/california-leads-nation-in-poverty

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I visit Southern California fairly regularly, I grew up there. What does that have to do with the video of a recent news report FROM THERE. Is the local news station lying?

This is where I live douchebag, no trailers in sight on my private road, or anywhere in the township, that I'm aware of. This county doesn't tolerate trash heaps.
    Oh geez.... now cuntboy has a "private road".

I wonder if his "private road" runs anywhere near one of Dork Soul's exclusive luxury homes, and if cuntboy let's Dork Soul drive one of his expensive, classic or high performance cars on it.

Pathetic fucks.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

DEMOCRATS RUN THIS CITY. THEY WANT TO RUN ALL OF AMERICA

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I will take that as a 'NO", you have not set foot in DTLA anytime recently, perhaps not even within the last decade.

Between the two of us, only I have been in downtown Los Angeles in the last six months.

And it is really weird that it makes you angry that I had a pleasant visit, enjoyed downtown LA, was not creeped out, and did not see enormous piles of trash everywhere.
    So, is the local news station lying?
    Every life matters

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WITH DEMOCRATS IN CHARGE

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Attachment 10024

Has become 3rd World...Thanks Libs!
    The Republicans have become corrupt- Thank You Donald Trump, Putin, and all you idiots that voted for Donald Trump!

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

DEMOCRATS RUN THIS PLACE

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

DEMOCRATS HAVEN'T SOLVED CALIFORNIA'S PROBLEMS

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Your film would have more impact if it identified where it was taken. Having been to England I have seen alleys just like in the film but without the trash. I have never seen one like that in the US. BTW the motorist was on a 4X4 not a car.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Again, fuck off with that bullshit. I have the fake conservative CFM on ignore, and Vols certainly isn't "my buddy". I am a brown skin person, and that also has nothing to do with the heaps of trash in Downtown LA. This is why liberalism is a mental disorder, you would rather argue for the sake of it, than address the real world problems in your liberal utopia. I don't need to cuss at you, do you need to call me a redneck? I happen to live in the country by choice, how does that make me a "redneck"? If you want to have a civil conversation, I'm good with that, but making bullshit claims about redneck trailer parks with trash heaps in my neighborhood, ain't it.
    CFM is not a "fake conservative". He might be an embarrassment for you on a public forum like this, but only because he comes out and says the kind of shit you and the rest of your neo-con buddies think.

Aamof, I would go as far as to say that CFM is one of the only REAL conservatives around here, with people like YOU being the fake ones.

At least CFM doesn't try to PRETEND to be civilized like you do.

And btw.... having a dark tan because you work outside mowing lawns for a living, doesn't make you a "brown-skinned person".
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

NANCY PELOSI IS RICH. DIANNE FEINSTEIN IS RICH. KAMALA HARRIS IS RICH - THIS IS THEIR STATE

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Your film would have more impact if it identified where it was taken

It does: Llantrisant, South Wales. Home of Iolo.

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

DEMOCRATS RUN NYC TOO

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

DO DEMOCRATS DENY THIS IS A CITY THEY CONTROL?