Thread: Biden kills Keystone XL permit.... again

1. #136 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,515 Times in 16,977 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    If you're going to come into my threads and justvshit all over them then I'll ban you. Say something pertinent and relevant or fuck off, your choice Runeatic!
    So he passed the NRA FIRST Steps Rifle Orientation? Hmmm...pretty simple course, actually.
    I was a NRA certified Hi-Power rifle instructor for over 20 years. I taught the more advanced shooters.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    So he passed the NRA FIRST Steps Rifle Orientation? Hmmm...pretty simple course, actually.
    I was a NRA certified Hi-Power rifle instructor for over 20 years. I taught the more advanced shooters.
    Rune has always had a inflated sense of self-worth.

3. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

Rune (01-23-2021)

4. #138 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,515 Times in 16,977 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Rune has always had a inflated sense of self-worth.
    He's the only poster here I have on ignore.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-23-2021)

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you're going to come into my threads and just shit all over them then I'll ban you. Say something pertinent and relevant or fuck off, your choice Runeatic!
    Eat shit anal intruder
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Eat shit anal intruder
    Rune, there are decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

RB 60 (01-24-2021), Rune (01-23-2021)

9. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Enjoy higher gas and food prices, dumbass.

Oh yeah, I expect gas lines like the 70s if this continues.
    Why?

The Keystone XL pipeline will transport crude oil from Alberta, Canada to Nebraska. The oil will then flow through another pipeline to Gulf Coast refineries, where it will be refined into petroleum products like gasoline.

Gulf Coast refineries export about two-thirds of their products, according to a U.S. Energy Information Administration report in January. The rest is sold in the U.S. That is a marked shift since 2012, when refineries exported about 38 percent of their products.

The Gulf Coast exports of crude oil -- oil that has not been refined into everything from butane to gasoline -- spiked during the same time period. Companies exported about 280,000 barrels of crude oil every day last year, compared to 4,000 in 2012.

The Gulf Coast imported more than 3.3 million barrels of crude oil a day in 2016.

Most of that oil came from Latin America and the Middle East. Only 9 percent of the crude oil imported to the Gulf Coast came from Canada.

Seems to me we should keep that 280,000 barrels of crude.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no worries For This Post:

LV426 (01-25-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-24-2021)

11. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    Why?

The Keystone XL pipeline will transport crude oil from Alberta, Canada to Nebraska. The oil will then flow through another pipeline to Gulf Coast refineries, where it will be refined into petroleum products like gasoline.

Gulf Coast refineries export about two-thirds of their products, according to a U.S. Energy Information Administration report in January. The rest is sold in the U.S. That is a marked shift since 2012, when refineries exported about 38 percent of their products.

The Gulf Coast exports of crude oil -- oil that has not been refined into everything from butane to gasoline -- spiked during the same time period. Companies exported about 280,000 barrels of crude oil every day last year, compared to 4,000 in 2012.

The Gulf Coast imported more than 3.3 million barrels of crude oil a day in 2016.

Most of that oil came from Latin America and the Middle East. Only 9 percent of the crude oil imported to the Gulf Coast came from Canada.

Have you bought gas lately? The price is not going down now. Biden is going to fuck the fuel supply of America.
    Watch. It's up 30 cents right now.

12. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Have you bought gas lately? The price is not going down now. Biden is going to fuck the fuel supply of America.
    Watch. It's up 30 cents right now.
    I live on the east coast of Florida, my gas hasn't went up or down by that much, at my station but the price in my area is running from $2.10 to $2.38, I'm paying $2.12, the price has been above $2.00 for quite a while, been stable but they are expected to rise.

January 6 2021

U.S. gasoline prices could hit $3 a gallon by the end of the year if the economy makes a strong recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new report.

With only a modest recovery more likely amid a rising number of cases, GasBuddy predicts that gasoline prices nationally will average $2.44 in 2021, 27 cents higher than last year. In Houston, gasoline prices are expected to average $2.40 to $2.70 a gallon, the fuel tracking website said.

You know who fucked fuel prices in America?

Teabaggers.

December 15 2015

House Republicans announced a deal Tuesday night between the GOP-led Congress and the White House on a trillion-dollar, year-end tax and spending package to fund the government through fiscal year 2016.

Despite dissenters in both parties, passage was likely and President Barack Obama's signature seemed assured. With temporary financing of federal agencies expiring Wednesday at midnight, congressional leaders planned to approve a stop-gap bill preventing a government shutdown through next Tuesday, giving lawmakers time to finish the long-term spending legislation.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., announced the deal in a closed-door, late-night meeting with GOP lawmakers and said it includes their proposal to lift a four-decade-old ban on exporting U.S. crude oil.

While Ryan urged fellow Republicans to support the legislation.

By Joe Barton(R) TX.

Nov 24, 2019

At the time, I represented Arlington in the U.S. Congress. I started hearing from oil companies about a new idea, to lift an old ban on oil exports. Initially, when ConocoPhillips chief economist and Washington office head Andrew Lundquist came to see me about lifting the ban, then I heard from Scott Sheffield, the chief executive of Pioneer Natural Resources. Pioneer was a major producer in the Permian, and if the crude oil export ban was not lifted, he said, Pioneer’s future was cloudy.

Both Conoco and Pioneer pointed out that there wasn’t a market for our growing domestic shale oil production, because our U.S. refineries were set up to process the heavier foreign oils. They also had very long-term contracts that would be difficult and expensive to get out of. I became convinced repealing the ban was the right economic thing to do. It was also a very good thing to do for our national security and foreign policy.

No, it was good for his campaign donors.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to no worries For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-24-2021)

14. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    Why?

oil/gas is fungible
    exports bring in cash

15. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Eat shit anal intruder
    True classic Runeatic response, is Snarla into coprophilia as well? Do you like it smooth or with chunks?

Oh nearly forgot fuck off, banned from now on!

16. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

Rune (01-23-2021)

17. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Biden is truly a moron, this will all result in blowback soon enough. Just wait until the real zealots get started.

18. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey man, STFU dumbass. You are an A-Grade fuckin' retard, k?

Go deepthroat a cactus, you piece of shit.

Get off my nuts or I shall mock taunt you a second time.
    Eat shit and die, Traitor
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

19. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

I'm gonna LOL when you need a new battery. PS: Over 90% of America does not own electric vehicles, furthermore, they cost more energy to run than ICE vehicles.
    By the time I need a new battery I will have saved over $15,000 in oil changes and gas that I didn't have to use. That doesn't even include the other maintenance costs like spark plugs, radiator and transmission flushes etc that aren't required on an electric vehicle.

I can see how deluded you are when you think that somehow it costs me more to get free energy from my roof compared to having to pay at the gas pump. I am simply using energy that otherwise would radiate out into space after having entered the atmosphere from space. Return on investment is how much it saves me over the long term not how much it costs me this week.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-24-2021)

21. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    By the time I need a new battery I will have saved over $15,000 in oil changes and gas that I didn't have to use. That doesn't even include the other maintenance costs like spark plugs, radiator and transmission flushes etc that aren't required on an electric vehicle.

I can see how deluded you are when you think that somehow it costs me more to get free energy from my roof compared to having to pay at the gas pump. I am simply using energy that otherwise would radiate out into space after having entered the atmosphere from space. Return on investment is how much it saves me over the long term not how much it costs me this week.
    You're delusional. I bet you don't even own any vehicle.

22. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    The decision came despite pleas to Biden from multiple Canadian government officials to give them time to make their case.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-permit-460555

In an email to staff on Wednesday obtained by POLITICO, Keystone XL chief Richard Prior said the permit denial would force the company to cut more than 1,000 positions.

he wrote.

President Biden’s executive order will rob both American and Canadian workers of good-paying jobs,” Wyoming Sen. John Barrasso said in a statement Wednesday.

News that the order would land on the first day of Biden’s presidency surprised some analysts and Canada-U.S. experts, who expected the new administration to at least give the Canadians an audience

Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe, whose province was set to supply some of the fuel to the pipeline, told POLITICO he's already begun setting up virtual meetings and calls with congressional lawmakers and governors to plead his case for Keystone and assess the path forward. He said he's also looking to Trudeau to elevate the issue to Biden and tout the pipeline's environmental and economic benefits.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-permit-460555
    Chm. Jao killing jobs, raising taxes, raising gas prices, infecting our National Guard. There's just no end to the fun and unity is there?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.