Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dershowitz: Obama Will Go Down In History As One Of The Worst Foreign Policy Pres...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Default Dershowitz: Obama Will Go Down In History As One Of The Worst Foreign Policy Pres...

"Dershowitz: Obama Will Go Down In History As One Of The Worst Foreign Policy Presidents Ever

Posted By Tim Hains
    On Date December 26, 2016

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz slammed President Obama for "stabbing Israel in the back" on Monday morning's edition of 'Fox & Friends.'

"[History will see President Obama] as one of the worst foreign policy presidents ever," Dershowitz said.

"He called me into the Oval Office before the inauguration -- he said he wanted my support, and he told me he would always have Israel's back," Dershowitz said. "I didn't realize what he meant: That he would have Israel's back so he could stab them in the back."

He continued: "What he did was so nasty, he pulled a bait and switch. He told the American public this is all about the settlements deep in the West Bank. And yet, he allowed he representative to the U.N. to abstain --which is really a vote for-- a resolution that says the Jews can't pray at the Western Wall, Jews can't live in the Jewish Quarter [of Jerusalem] where they have lived for thousands of years. And he's going to say, 'Whoops! I didn't mean that!' Well read the resolution! You're a lawyer, you went to Harvard Law School."

He also said: "This will make peace much more difficult to achieve because the Palestinians will now say 'we can get a state through the UN'.""

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ents_ever.html

Obamaprompter is the worst foreign policy POTUS in US history.

A small arrogant nasty back stabbing man with a huge chip on his shoulder, does what he can to put his country in the ditch.

His eight years in office will be seen as a nasty shit stain on American History.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldMercsRule For This Post:

Irish (01-02-2017), Life is Golden (01-02-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

The invasion of Iraq was the worst foreign policy blunder of modern times.

Sorry 'bout that.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Althea (12-27-2016), cancel2 2022 (12-30-2016), domer76 (12-27-2016), Phantasmal (12-27-2016), Rune (12-27-2016), ZappasGuitar (12-27-2016)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post

Sorry 'bout that.
    Some invasion. How many Americans did Obama put on the ground, a couple of thousand?

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry 'bout that.
    Nope, the total pull out from Iraq and allowing a long column of Toyotas full of very vulnerable terrorists to drive across the desert in broad daylight was the worst policy blunder of modern times.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    Some invasion. How many Americans did Obama put on the ground, a couple of thousand?

LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMercsRule For This Post:

GazzaQueen (12-27-2016)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    Huh?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Snowflake View Post
    Huh?
    Yup yer favorite fool, (Obamaprompter), had to send US troops back to Iraq after he did what he could to create a safe space for ISIS to fund their operations with Iraqi oil.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Dershowitz#Politics

Israel and the Middle East[edit]
    Dershowitz is a leading supporter of Israel. He self-identifies as "Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestine",[33] and said "were I an Israeli, I'd be a person of the left and voting the left".[34] At the same time, he is on record as stating that both the Palestinian leadership and the Palestinian people supported a genocidal war, and revere a figure, Amin al-Husseini, probably because, in Dershowitz's view, the latter actively participated in the Holocaust.[35]
    Dershowitz has engaged in highly publicized debates with a number of other commentators, including Meir Kahane,[36] Noam Chomsky, and Norman Finkelstein. When former U.S. President Jimmy Carter had his book Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid (2006) published—in which he argues that Israel's control of Palestinian land is the primary obstacle to peace—Dershowitz challenged Carter to a debate at Brandeis University. Carter declined, saying, "I don't want to have a conversation even indirectly with Dershowitz. There is no need to debate somebody who, in my opinion, knows nothing about the situation in Palestine."[37] Carter did address Brandeis in January 2007, but only Brandeis students and staff were allowed to attend. Dershowitz was invited to respond on the same stage only after Carter had left.[38]
    He also took part in the Doha Debates at Georgetown University in April 2009, where he spoke against the motion "this House believes it's time for the US to get tough on Israel," with Dore Gold, President of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. Speakers for the motion were Avraham Burg, former Chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel and former Speaker of the Knesset; and Michael Scheuer, former Chief of the CIA Bin Laden Issue Station. Dershowitz's side lost the debate, with 63 percent of the audience voting for the motion.[39]
    Harvard–MIT divestment petition[edit]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Rune (12-27-2016)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    Nope, the total pull out from Iraq and allowing a long column of Toyotas full of very vulnerable terrorists to drive across the desert in broad daylight was the worst policy blunder of modern times.
    Sorry to hear that you're in such denial.

Did you support the invasion of Iraq?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Rune (12-27-2016)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Israel is small potatos. In the end they always get thr "special relationship" to guarantee their security from the US
    I'm not going to re-write this, but here's a partial look at Obama's cluster: this on Russia alone

He's (Putin)done it all on Obama's watch.
    He's federated Donbass away from Kyiv, and he's annexed Crimea -and is finishing up a land bridge to Sevastopol
    so he can serve/defend the naval base by land trucks. He's unified Crimea under his power.

Where else is he gonna expand? He's running the show in Syria, he's usurped the Egyptian/US alliance thanks to Obama's
    idiotic sanctioning of el-Sisi because he heads a "junta government".
    No one in Congress called for sanction, but Obama's doing so drove Egypt right into Putin's arms for weapons.
    That is now expanding to agriculture, and nuclear plants, and cement plants..and gawd knows what else.

He has no need to expand.
    He's a geopolitical ally with Iran ( when convenient by both parties),and he has major footprints in the mideast
    because Obama decided to put stupid sanctions on, and declare "Assad must go"
    Obama has managed to undo all the work of the last 40 years of US presidents ( since '72 when Egypt kicked out the Russians)

It's a little late to worry about "expansion" But at least we can stop the Cold War madness/brinkmanship
    like the fly by's against our ships,and not spend $billions more into a stalemated Europe.
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...watching-Putin

And then of course there was Libya. Creating a failed terrorist state.
    Obama has been a clusterf*ck of errors

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry to hear that you're in such denial.
    I'm not in denial.

Did you support the invasion of Iraq?
    I didn't have a strong opinion either way, butt: the entire country, (puke Kerry and Hillary Clinton too), did follow the proper procedure to invade Iraq in 2002 and I'm not the type to work against my country when the established elected leaders take us to war, (that's what termites like Obamaprompter do).

He has done his best to undermine the success George W Bush had in Iraq, and that is a big fail unless yer a fellow termite.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Followed the proper procedure?"

What a ridiculous thing to say.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Rune (12-30-2016)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Followed the proper procedure?"

What a ridiculous thing to say.
    I guess you find the truth ridiculous, eh?

Butt: then again you actually think Progressives want to privatize gubment functions don't ya?

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Odd, when he pulled out and everyone was relieved, Republicans said it was on Bush's schedule and gave no credit to Obama. Then, when things went south, all-of-a-sudden it's back on Obama

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Althea (12-27-2016), Brain Food (12-30-2016), Phantasmal (12-27-2016)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I guess you find the truth ridiculous, eh?

Butt: then again you actually think Progressives want to privatize gubment functions don't ya?
    It's not the truth. No one "followed the proper procedure."

That was a war of choice, where the intel was "fixed around the policy." That war was a disaster; I'm tired of the apologism for it. It's also not credible that you didn't have a strong opinion. It was Bush's war - I have little doubt that you were all in.

And you were wrong. Really, really wrong.