Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nasty Nancy claims it's right to refuse to seat legally-elected members of Congress

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    She says it's her right to do so.

Her opinion is not a totalitarian act.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Doesn't matter when Uncle Sam comes calling.
    I would think you'd have seen it's been made very clear that the military will follow orders, not judge their acts by the constitution
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    When would it become one, in your opinion?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    You better believe Nancy can refuse to seat any Congressman that acted to tear the United States government apart while serving as Members of Congress.

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, states that no elected member "shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against" the United States or its various governing bodies.

The text of the 14th Amendment expressly forbids Members of Congress from engaging in rebellion against the United States. Trying to overturn a democratic election and install a dictator seems like a pretty clear example of that.

So yes, Nancy has the power to unseat several of her Republican in the House that have been spreading the lies about the election and/or communicating with the insurrectionists- aiding and abetting them!
    convictions by the courts are no longer required to label someone a traitor or insurrectionist????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The "tweet source" I rely on is the US Constitution. You should look at it some time.

The Supreme Court did not decide the Constitution no longer applied. The House still has the right to judge their own elections, returns, and qualifications.
    would that include calling someone an insurrectionist who has had no trial or conviction?

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

You better believe Nancy can refuse to seat any Congressman that acted to tear the United States government apart while serving as Members of Congress.

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, states that no elected member "shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against" the United States or its various governing bodies.

The text of the 14th Amendment expressly forbids Members of Congress from engaging in rebellion against the United States. Trying to overturn a democratic election and install a dictator seems like a pretty clear example of that.

So yes, Nancy has the power to unseat several of her Republican in the House that have been spreading the lies about the election and/or communicating with the insurrectionists- aiding and abetting them!
    If they are serving in Congress they have already been seated. The Constitution allows members to be removed by a 2/3 vote of their house or the impeachment process. The Speaker is given no powers in the Constitution except to preside. The office is given additional powers by the rules made by the House, but those rules cannot include removing members.

The 14th Amendment applied to members of the Confederacy. But, to the extent they apply today, they would have to be convicted of such actions---the Speaker cannot make that decision. So, no, the Speaker cannot remove any members of the House.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    I do believe she has made another mistake.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    She is correct, you need to read up on the House Speakers Powers and yes she does have that power.
    don't be silly.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    She is mistaken. That's grounds for removing her from office.
    to be fair it would only be grounds for removing her if she was stupid enough to actually try it......

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Constitution says differently, "Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members." In other words, the House can judge its own election. Pelosi has been willing to provisionally seat Miller-Meeks, which is very gracious of her. Now the House will judge the election.

In general, Congress does not like overturning the election decisions of the states, so Hart has an uphill battle. That being said, she has every right to make that uphill battle.
    silly demmycunt.....the constitution doesn't give her the power to lie about the elections......she has every right to step down for the good of the country and her own anti-American party......

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

just stop being a cunt for just a minute and think about how stupid your lies sound.....

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am just smarter than you!
    you aren't as smart as his toenail clippings......

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    whatever happened to the will of the people Dems were yammering about this election?
    do elections matter?
    not since Demmycrats......

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    When would it become one, in your opinion?
    if she tried to act upon her stupid opinion......

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    would that include calling someone an insurrectionist who has had no trial or conviction?
    I believe we've seen that mistake made as well.....