Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and Son of the Revolution

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 51st state - Washington DC

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    No taxation without representation

'I am very grateful we have a new president' | DC mayor plans for statehood under Biden administration

Asked if she believes the new administration will quickly progress D.C. to become the 51st state, an effort Washington DC mayor Muriel Bowser has long championed, she seemed hopeful.

"We have Democratic control of the House of Representatives, the Senate and now the White House, and the leadership in all of those bodies have expressed support for D.C. Statehood," she said, adding that Joe Biden is a "longtime" supporter of the District becoming a state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wus...7-cf00c4095573
    also killing the filibuster and adding liberal judges over at the SCOTUS would be sweet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Cypress (01-22-2021)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arks&sparka View Post
    that doesn't make sense because of my ego what?
    Your ego is why you switch between IDs.

how do you know those aren't my alternate IDs?
    Good point! They could be. Just more doubt thrown into the equation by yourself.

if I hide behind the shield of anonymity why would I need different IDs?
    Because of the effect the dragging has on your ego.

so if I have a number of anonymous non-credible identities that gives me more credibility? Explain how?
    Well, YOU pass them off as credible, like how you pretended yesterday to be an IT computer expert, but then today said you had an "advance (?) degree" in psychology. So you say all those things in the middle of a thread relating to that topic to lend yourself credibility you otherwise don't have.

so what makes you credible?
    This isn't about me, this is about you.

every conspiracy theorist thinks their conspiracy theory is true.
    Well you're too fucking sloppy for the conspiracy to not unravel, hence why you switch IDs all the time and create new ones.

What have I lied about? Why would I need to lie you don't have a clue who I am?
    You need to lie to lend yourself credibility you don't otherwise have. Like when you claimed to be an IT expert yesterday, or when you claimed to have an "advance degree" (WTF that means) in psychology today.

Is there ever anyone that doesn't argue against you that's a fraud or is it just people you disagree with?
    See, I know you're full of shit because someone who just decided to resurrect an old ID 4 months ago wouldn't have this type of intimate knowledge of my posting habits. Only someone I've tangled with plenty of times would.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    A lie, but Democrats lie just like Republicans which is why I distrust partisans from either party.
    Oh really? So then how do you explain your opposition to DC (and PR) statehood?

5. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A lie, but Democrats lie just like Republicans which is why I distrust partisans from either party.
    You're saying here you're only capable of binary thinking.

6. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yeah... I think it is likely that any folks that live in what used to be D.C. would now have to pay a state tax causing rent, etc. to rise. Unless there are special laws to make this special state exist as some sort of tax free zone only the rich would live there. It would be like making a state solely for rich people to reside in...
    The only thing that changes for the people of DC is that they get representation.

Nothing else is going to change for them.

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah... I think it is likely that any folks that live in what used to be D.C. would now have to pay a state tax causing rent, etc. to rise. Unless there are special laws to make this special state exist as some sort of tax free zone only the rich would live there. It would be like making a state solely for rich people to reside in...
    All states are treated the same. If the Democrats decide to bite into that pie, they have to eat the whole thing.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you equate a person not supporting a Democrat over a Republican or vice-versa as being "disconnected from the political process"?
    Because there are only two parties, at your insistence, and you think you're cool or clever by reducing it down to pure binary thought.

That doesn't make you cool or clever, it makes you lazy.

It says that you've given up on doing the work either because it ruins whatever character you're trying to play, or forces you out of your habitual binary thinking.

You do more for partisanship with that than anyone does in either party.

"BoTh SiDeS aRe ThE sAmE" is a 30 year old mantra that wasn't true in 1990, and isn't true today. it's never been true. But you need it to be true because otherwise, you can't be the binary thinker you're trying to be.

9. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Add to this, please define your version of "the political process". TIA
    Wait - you're demanding accommodation NOW?

Fuck off.

10. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The only thing that changes for the people of DC is that they get representation.

If you truly believe that to be true, I'm guessing you invested all of your savings in Florida swampland....maybe some stock in a bridge in Brooklyn.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, somebody has to pay for the new state government, the new state police, etc. You are wrong based on wishful thinking, you really want more Ds and that is clear... the reality is, this would change more than that for them.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you truly believe that to be true, I'm guessing you invested all of your savings in Florida swampland....maybe some stock in a bridge in Brooklyn.
    Great! So then you should be supportive of the Democrats' efforts to get DC into a state so that it will hasten whatever backlash you think is going to happen to punish them for it.

But you aren't.

So that makes me think you're full of shit.

13. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, somebody has to pay for the new state government, the new state police, etc. You are wrong based on wishful thinking, you really want more Ds and that is clear... the reality is, this would change more than that for them.
    DC's GDP is nearly 4x that of Mississippi.

So DC is going to be one of those Maker States that Taker States like Mississippi go to with their hand out.

14. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the reality is, this would change more than that for them.
    Like what? Go ahead, tell me. You're talking a big game here, so let's see what you have to say. Here's your chance to explain yourself. Will you rise to the moment?

15. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your ego is why you switch between IDs.
    explain why that has to do with my ego?

Good point! They could be. Just more doubt thrown into the equation by yourself.
    oh make no mistake you can think of me however you wish. I'm just curious

Because of the effect the dragging has on your ego.
    I still don't understand what the hell dragging is in this context. Some sort of slang you'll have to explain to me. And why would it boost my ego to switch to a different ID?

Well, YOU pass them off as credible, like how you pretended yesterday to be an IT computer expert, but then today said you had an "advance (?) degree" in psychology. So you say all those things in the middle of a thread relating to that topic to lend yourself credibility you otherwise don't have.
    so did I present credentials in these other IDs if not can just anybody claim to be an expert in IT or have an advanced psychological degree?

How does this profile give me credibility when I already stated that I don't have any?

This isn't about me, this is about you.
    but it's not really about me.

Well you're too fucking sloppy for the conspiracy to not unravel, hence why you switch IDs all the time and create new ones.
    but if you can figure it out and I'm doing it to trick you, I failed at tricking you and so if it's my conspiracy why would I admit that?

You need to lie to lend yourself credibility you don't otherwise have.
    but if I'm not fooling anybody how is that lending me credibility?
    Like when you claimed to be an IT expert yesterday, or when you claimed to have an "advance degree" (WTF that means) in psychology today.
    did I present credentials for these things? If not how does that give me credibility? If I was trying to trick you why am I undermining myself right now?

See, I know you're full of shit because someone who just decided to resurrect an old ID 4 months ago wouldn't have this type of intimate knowledge of my posting habits. Only someone I've tangled with plenty of times would.
    and I spoke about your posting habits? As I recall you responded to me.

16. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Arks&sparka View Post
    explain why that has to do with my ego?
    You want to know what switching IDs to avoid accountability has to do with your ego?

The answer is in the question.