Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and Son of the Revolution

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 51st state - Washington DC

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,454 Times in 52,469 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Their industry is government tourism.

And I don't think the population is gonna move away just because they are black.
    Gentrification will raise the tax levels so only the rich can afford to live there. All the burger flippers, janitors, maids and such will ride mass transit to work from Virginia or Maryland. There's a pretty strong correlation between income and political affiliation, especially when it comes to the wealthy.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Now let's see what happens as Democrats, once again, try to jam legislation down the throats of all Americans for their own benefit.
    I can guarantee you that by 2022, no one is going to give a shit about your procedural nonsense if the Democrats end up passing $2K checks, COVID relief, and safely reopen the economy.

Conservatives would have to run against all that. Good luck arguing against $2K checks that ended up in people's wallets.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now let's see what happens as Democrats, once again, try to jam legislation down the throats of all Americans for their own benefit.
    I can guarantee you that by 2022, no one is going to give a shit about your procedural nonsense if the Democrats end up passing $2K checks, COVID relief, and safely reopen the economy.

Conservatives would have to run against all that. Good luck arguing against $2K checks that ended up in people's wallets.

Didn't work out too well for the GOP in Georgia, now did it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Jerome (01-22-2021)

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LV426 just gave the reason: to stack the Senate with two more Democrats and add another Rep in the House...at least for now. LOL
    So? Elections have consequences, and if McConnell thought for a second that DC and PR would help him and his caucus, they would have been admitted as states back in 2014, when he took control of the Senate.

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, it's you not wanting to eat shit for what you said, so you just switch IDs so you don't have to.
    but if you figured that out then it doesn't work so why would I do it?

I'm glad you asked...several reasons:

1. Because you got tired of eating shit under your other IDs for all your past predictions
    2. Because you want to astroturf more support for your bullshit than actually exists
    3. Because you are insecure in your own identity and have to pose and posture as someone or something else
    4. Because you lack credibility and need to establish some in order for you to be taken seriously
    5. Because you're a compulsive liar
    1, doesn't make sense.
    2, is a conspiracy theory.
    3, this is anonymous so my ID isn't connected to this at all
    4 again this is anonymous nobody has any credibility.
    5, this is also conspiracy theory.

maybe you're just such a narcissist you don't think people can disagree with you. Without being in some plot against you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arks&sparka For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-22-2021)

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Think of it as a correction...
    "Might makes right" is an old maxim just like "Fuck them if they don't like it". Life goes on, the world turns and, once again the Democrats will prove they are no better than the Republicans.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gentrification will raise the tax levels so only the rich can afford to live there.
    **DC IS ALREADY GENTRIFIED**.

And there aren't enough rich Republicans in the country to tip those scales.

All the burger flippers, janitors, maids and such will ride mass transit to work from Virginia or Maryland. There's a pretty strong correlation between income and political affiliation, especially when it comes to the wealthy.
    So you actually have this backwards...because what happened was that the rich people left DC for the VA and MD suburbs, and that's why VA in particular is a Blue State and has been since 2008.

You're completely wrong on this and it's really fun to watch.

I don't believe you when you say you go to DC annually because if you did, you'd know enough about DC to know that it already is pretty much gentrified and has actually moved past that gentrification to relocating to the suburbs.

Why do you think Virginia has been Blue since 2008? THEY GENTRIFIED THE SUBURBS.

Now you would have us believe that there are going to be all these rich Republicans moving to DC because...it's a state? Huh? If they didn't move to DC before, they're not moving there now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Jerome (01-22-2021)

11. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Translation: The Democrats will print money and throw it at their voters to buy their way into power.

Good luck, but that attitude never seems to last for long.

12. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,685 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cypress,

Well, it's gonna be a challenge to come up with a flag but what the heck. Bring it on! I like the idea.

And Puerto Rico, too!
    On 8 November 2020 Puerto Ricans voted on a referendum in which a majority favored statehood for the island.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...%3fid=74055630

Puerto Ricans have been U.S. citizens for a century, and have fought and died in all of America's wars of the last 100 years.

There really is not any excuses to deny PR statehood.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-22-2021), Jerome (01-22-2021), LV426 (01-22-2021)

14. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I see no reason not to just add them to Maryland or Virginia, simply shrink the District to the WH, etc. and make the city part of Virginia.

Maybe you should read the thread before posting stupid shit.

DC statehood requires 51 votes.

Carving DC into VA requires 2/3rds of both chambers.

Shut up, stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Post:

LV426 (01-22-2021)

16. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Arks&sparka View Post
    but if you figured that out then it doesn't work so why would I do it?
    Because of your ego.

1, doesn't make sense.
    Sure it does! You get tired of being dragged, so you just pretend to be someone else.

2, is a conspiracy theory.
    Is it? Because you're not the only one who switches between IDs and likes your own posts (IBDaMann/GFM does the same thing)

3, this is anonymous so my ID isn't connected to this at all
    Ah...yes...the anonymity. It's a shield you hide behind when you make wild claims about yourself because you know there's no way to verify whether or not these claims are true. And you refuse to verify any of the things you say about yourself, demanding I accommodate you so that you will be honest with me.

PASS.

4 again this is anonymous nobody has any credibility.
    This response makes me think that the credibility question is your motivation.

You defend yourself here by calling me an anonymous nobody, but I'm not the one spinning tall tales about my personal given circumstances and how they relate to the topic being discussed.

That's all you, pal.

5, this is also conspiracy theory.
    It's not a conspiracy theory if it's true...and this one certainly is true. You are a compulsive liar.

maybe you're just such a narcissist you don't think people can disagree with you. Without being in some plot against you.
    Nah, I've been around the block on enough message boards to know a fraud when I see one.

17. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Might makes right" is an old maxim just like "Fuck them if they don't like it".
    I believe the phrase is "fuck your feelings."

And I didn't come up with that phrase.

Life goes on, the world turns and, once again the Democrats will prove they are no better than the Republicans.
    Well, lazy bOtHsIdErIsTs will inevitably try to bOtHsIdEs everything because they're naturally and habitually incapable of anything more than pure binary thinking.

The thing with you is that everyone has to lower their collective expectations of you because you've made it clear to everyone you're too lazy to make distinctions and differences.

That's a you problem.

18. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gentrification will raise the tax levels so only the rich can afford to live there. All the burger flippers, janitors, maids and such will ride mass transit to work from Virginia or Maryland. There's a pretty strong correlation between income and political affiliation, especially when it comes to the wealthy.
    And that correlation is now higher income = Democrats.

The GOP has captured the uneducated, white rubes who believe in fairy tales and fake q-anon theories.

Keep up.

19. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Translation: The Democrats will print money and throw it at their voters to buy their way into power.
    I mean, Trump spent $30B trying to buy the votes of farmer trash...

Historical context? Put your money where your mouth is. You keep ambiguously alluding to these things, but you stop short on explaining them. Why is that?

20. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you even REMOTELY fucking aware of what the Republicans did to the deficit over the past 4 years before the pandemic, you hypocritical asshole? A $1.5 trillion handout to rich people.