Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: If Prez Doing Such A Good Job, Why Does USA Have Most Covid?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Who says "USA has most COVID"?
    China.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,570 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Walt, shut the fuck up!!
    Sorry, cum licker, but I never do what a British cocksucker tells me to do. Good luck with your British "tips". LOL

Is the reason you are hiding in Thailand sucking British cock because if you went home to Ireland, they'd hang you by your own wee weenie?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello dukkha,

I am not surprised you disagree with my views.

The CDC, for some unexplained reason, at first refused to use the WHO testing protocols and tried to go it on their own. That failed and valuable time was lost.

"The World Health Organization had published a working version of a reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction test — commonly known as a PCR test — which uses snippets of genetic material to diagnose a virus. Tests based on the WHO data were already in widespread use in China. In South Korea, the government drug ministry was corralling biotech companies, telling them to begin working on tests based on the same data.

Pinsky also relied on the WHO protocols as he developed a PCR test. By early February, he had a test that he thought would work. And then he, and Stanford, waited, for weeks. That was all they could do until the federal government gave them the go-ahead to begin using it to diagnose the disease in patients.

For all its scientific know-how, the U.S has lagged behind in testing thanks to a combination of government hubris, incompetence and bureaucratic rigidity. Even now, there aren’t nearly enough tests being performed. According to the Covid Tracking Project, fewer than 500,000 tests have been done nationwide in March. It’s not even close to being enough.

If you want to understand why, Pinsky’s effort is as good a place as any to start. A scientist in a lab sees what is happening in China and takes it upon himself to develop a test — just in case. He adapts the WHO protocols to the specifics of his lab and the materials available to him (every lab is different, after all) and his test is ready to go in a matter of weeks.

With much less urgency, the federal government also begins working on a PCR test. But unlike Pinsky — not to mention most of the rest of the world — the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention decides not to follow the WHO’s protocols. Nobody knows why. Instead, the CDC develops its own test, which all the nation’s labs will then have to replicate. But when it sends out 200 test kits to 100 labs in February, many of them don’t work. The CDC then promises to quickly come up with new tests, but one day stretches into three and then 10. Finally, in late February, the agency essentially throws up its hands and loosens its restrictions on clinical labs to develop their own tests. Alas, by then it is way too late. "

"“For the entire month of February, the only place you could get a test was from the CDC,” he told me. “The U.S. and South Korea both had their first diagnosis on the same day. For the entire month of February, the U.S. conducted 472 tests. South Korea conducted 70,000. They were doing thousands every day, while the U.S. was doing zero.” The clear reason is that the South Korean government was proactive from day 1, while the Trump administration sat on its hands.""

Why the U.S. Still Can’t Do Enough Coronavirus Testing - The country continues to suffer from a combination of government hubris, incompetence and bureaucratic rigidity.

The director of the CDC is appointed by the president, answers to the president, and may be fired at any time by the president.

The director of the CDC serves at the pleasure of the president.

The president is ultimately responsible for what the CDC does.

The CDC dropped the ball. It is a failure of the president.
    Trump is titular head of the bureaucracies - so yes it's his "responsibility' (not fault).
    Your article makes the case the CDC screwed up. you can place the blame game anywhere else you prefer
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2020)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,570 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Strange is it not....regardless of all the left wing "NOISE".....Trump's numbers just keep climbing...…... ...
    Agreed. Biden is the best the Democrats have to offer and that's not good enough to unseat Trump; all other factors being equal.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    I like Pence. Trump is Trump, sometimes good sometimes bad. But you TDS folks will disagree.
    No. I agree you like Pence. Religious fanatics give me the creeps.

8. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2020)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-28-2020)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    1% of the entire 327M population is 3.27M. If a third, 100M, are infected then that's a 1M dead Americans by Election Day. That's given Trump gets his way about Easter and there is no cure or vaccine over the summer.
    Anybody with a rudimentary understanding of math should be rightly concerned.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2020), USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-28-2020)

13. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Democrats hoaxed it when they trotted out the 2 million dead prediction.

That’s a hoax.
    No it is not. It is simply a projection based on preliminary data.

14. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2020)

15. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    No. I agree you like Pence. Religious fanatics give me the creeps.
    Atheists fanatics give me the creeps so we are even.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-28-2020), Earl (03-28-2020), Life is Golden (03-28-2020), TOP (03-28-2020), USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

17. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Trump is titular head of the bureaucracies - so yes it's his "responsibility' (not fault).
    Your article makes the case the CDC screwed up. you can place the blame game anywhere else you prefer
    If you think the CDC has done a great job then we are in complete disagreement.

DT has shown he will fire people at the drop of a hat. He makes it his business to get into whatever department is under him whenever he wants to.

So why didn't he want to make absolutely sure the CDC was doing the right thing?

Why would the CDC refuse to use the WHO protocols, which had already been shown successful? That's what South Korea did.

Too bad we missed the curve on that one.

We got left behind on response effectiveness.

Our death toll is going up so fast it's hard to keep up with.

His average rcp approval rating is high, but the most recent poll is dated 3-25. We had nowhere near the death toll 3 days ago. This thing is spiking.

Will his approval remain so high when thousands of Americans are dying of this 'Democratic hoax?'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2020), USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

19. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Total 112,560

New +8,434

Deaths 1,878

New Deaths +182

Recovered 3,219

Active 107,463

Serious/Critical 2,666

Cases/Mil 340
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 03-28-2020 at 11:25 AM.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

21. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Recovered 3,219 + Deaths 1,878 = 5097 resolved cases.

1878 / 5097 = .37

.37 x 100% = 37% death rate so far.

Sounds grim, but this figure will improve eventually. Consider that out of 107K active cases, only 2,666 are serious or critical.

22. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

23. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

You can say that now. But what will you say when we not only lead in the number of cases but the number of deaths?

The USA has 104K cases. 18K new cases in the last 24 hours. 99.5K active cases. 1700 deaths. 2500 recovered.

104 - 99.5 = 4.5K resolved cases.

1700 deaths / 4500 resolved cases = .37

.37 x 100% = 37% death rate for resolved cases in the USA.

There's 2463 people in serious/critical condition right now in the USA.

The number of cases continues to spike.

We are not seeing the flattening of the curve we would like to see.

If the president is doing such a good job and this is a 'Democratic hoax,' why are so many people dying and facing death, and why does the number of cases continue to skyrocket?

If it's a 'Democratic hoax,' why did the president just sing off on an unprecedented $2.2 Trillion stimulus package (which is thought to not be enough and will have to be followed up with more)?
    we are doing way more tests. more tests = more results.

additionally demographics play a huge role. The age of the population, our various health conditions, all vary from one country to another.

a majority of americans support the president on this. Your TDS not withstanding.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2020), Life is Golden (03-28-2020), Sirthinksalot (03-28-2020), TOP (03-28-2020), USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

25. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    China.
    Lying Communists who have lied since their virus first began.

26. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post

additionally demographics play a huge role. The age of the population, our various health conditions, all vary from one country to another.

a majority of americans support the president on this. Your TDS not withstanding.
    Hasn't our great nation now tested more than any other nation?

27. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,567 Times in 17,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post

Indeed...60% support the president’s handling of the Chinese virus no matter what the snowflake tries to push.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post: