Thread: Be Patient

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Your daily display of inflexibility is to be pitied; you seem very old, passive-aggressive and set in your ways. A far cry from your charade of flexible diversity and "respect". Put simply, you are a fake. lol

Your assumption everyone is dying to engage such an inflexible and excessively verbose poster is laughable, at best.

I couldn't care less. Your mind is made of stone, afaic.
    Ocean going twat, pay him no mind!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

3. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Your daily display of inflexibility is to be pitied; you seem very old, passive-aggressive and set in your ways. A far cry from your charade of flexible diversity and "respect". Put simply, you are a fake. lol

Your assumption everyone is dying to engage such an inflexible and excessively verbose poster is laughable, at best.

I couldn't care less. Your mind is made of stone, afaic.
    I've expressed those sentiments exactly.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-19-2019), Life is Golden (06-19-2019)

5. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    It's what use to be Manic/Depressive
    It's bipolar, you old fool not bio-polar ffs!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

7. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I've expressed those sentiments exactly.
    Pretentious pompous prick, that's our PoliSquawker.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anonymoose (06-19-2019), Life is Golden (06-19-2019), Truth Detector (06-19-2019)

9. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    someone lib'rul and incredibly stupid........in other words, too many possibilities.......
    Mason!Ask Top ,Mason has 6,the Committee 12!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

10. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    It's bipolar, you old fool not bio-polar ffs!!
    Bio-Polar is a recent illness related to MDS!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

11. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Hello PoliTalker.
    I look at it as a public service, being a Good Neighbor, therapeutic. I don't want to single anyone out here, because it just seems ill-mannered and cruel, but since we're talking about Legina, let's use him as an example. Legina sits in his Mom's basement all day cruising the Internet and acting the Fool, crying out for attention. He pleads "Will someone PLEASE just come over and beat the shit out of me". When someone is that desperate for human interaction, most people, if they are good inside, proclaim to be a Christian, or just were brought up in a decent home, will, at a minimum, poke Legina in the eye, kick him in the balls, or just punch him in the face a few times. We're all Brothers and Sisters here on the Planet. Helping those in need isn't that difficult. Don't be mean-spirited and elitist, PoliTalker. Engage your fellow Man and give him what he wants.
    I used to try to mix it up with trolls. I had nobody on Ignore and I was proud of it. I could 'take it' as well as the next poster. The problem with that is they are so needy they consume a significant portion of the time I allotted to talking about politics. So instead of talking about politics I become a pro bono mental counselor. Not what I come here for.

One day, years ago, I got curious. I wondered what it was like without the trolls. I decided to run an experiment. I would place everybody who was rude to me on Ignore and just skip past their posts looking for something of more substance. I also decided that I would run my experiment for 3 weeks because that's how long it takes to modify human habits. This was in line with other habits I had consciously decided to change. I had learned of the power of habit management and how it can transform your life.

For example, if you are gaining unwanted weight and you want to adjust your diet the trick is to select a habit you would like to change and then purposely substitute a desired habit every time you have the urge to repeat the unwanted habit. So, for me, I decided that I could no longer have a soft drink with my lunch, thus saving me many calories in my diet. I decided that water was what my body really wanted, so instead of having the sugary soft drink with lunch, I simply had water. It worked. I stopped gaining unwanted weight.

At first, your habit drives you to select the old behavior. You have to consciously tell yourself no, and substitute the desired behavior instead. So I had my water. It wasn't fun at first, but I forced myself. But it doesn't stay like that. After 2-3 weeks of consciously forcing yourself to do the new behavior, you begin to look forward to it. Your mind and body adjust to the new way of doing things. Gradually, you no longer even want to do the old habit. That's when you are over the hump. The new behavior becomes your new habit.

That's why I selected 3 weeks to Ignore trolls.

Well, you know how the story comes out, now. After 3 weeks of posting without the nuisance of trolls, and enjoying more meaningful substance posting, I didn't want to go back to mixing it up with the trolls. That's when I hit on the idea of making my Ignore List permanent. I can truly say I love it and have zero desire to go back to the old way. I have transcended above that.

That is why I advise anyone considering this to just try it for 3 weeks.

You can control your life. You can control your habits. You can control your posting experience. It's a wisdom that is really a whole lot more powerful than just posting style. Most people don't understand or utilize this awesome power. But it is there for anyone who wishes to take control of their life.

So.

Do you control your habits?

Or do they control you.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (06-19-2019)

13. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'll share another habit I changed with that method.

I used to do a lot of name-calling. I was really good at it. I came up with some real doozies. I thought I was so funny. The board I was on had a rule that you couldn't make a personal attack on another poster, but said nothing about public figures. Oh, I came up with some choice stuff. I really did amuse myself. A lot of other posters liked my stuff, too. And a lot of other posters were horrified by it. But I wasn't breaking the rules, so I never got banned.

Along the way a conservative sent me a PM. He said I was a good writer and I would come across better if I just dropped the name-calling. He was earnest and convincing. And he was popular on that board. I thought about what he said. I decided he might be right. I am convinced of it now. So I used my trick. I changed that habit. I decided how I wanted to come across and set out to transform my style to be what I wanted to be. I look at other posters and realize most never even think about anything like that. I used to have favorites I wanted to emulate. Sometimes I wasn't proud of the things I said. Now, I always try to avoid hurting anybody's feelings. I see no point in it. Making others feel miserable does nothing for me. It's really win/lose philosophy. You don't win a race by holding others back. You do it by being faster. Hurting others doesn't help you. Self-improvement does.

Now, there isn't anybody else on this board I would aspire to be like. I am what I want to be. And if I decide I want to make changes I have the power to do that. It's a truly awesome power. You just have to want the results bad enough to do it. I have no problem answering the question:

Do your habits control you or do you control your habits.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Very good and thoughtful reply. More than I deserve. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jack,

I used to try to mix it up with trolls. I had nobody on Ignore and I was proud of it. I could 'take it' as well as the next poster. The problem with that is they are so needy they consume a significant portion of the time I allotted to talking about politics. So instead of talking about politics I become a pro bono mental counselor. Not what I come here for.

One day, years ago, I got curious. I wondered what it was like without the trolls. I decided to run an experiment. I would place everybody who was rude to me on Ignore and just skip past their posts looking for something of more substance. I also decided that I would run my experiment for 3 weeks because that's how long it takes to modify human habits. This was in line with other habits I had consciously decided to change. I had learned of the power of habit management and how it can transform your life.

For example, if you are gaining unwanted weight and you want to adjust your diet the trick is to select a habit you would like to change and then purposely substitute a desired habit every time you have the urge to repeat the unwanted habit. So, for me, I decided that I could no longer have a soft drink with my lunch, thus saving me many calories in my diet. I decided that water was what my body really wanted, so instead of having the sugary soft drink with lunch, I simply had water. It worked. I stopped gaining unwanted weight.

At first, your habit drives you to select the old behavior. You have to consciously tell yourself no, and substitute the desired behavior instead. So I had my water. It wasn't fun at first, but I forced myself. But it doesn't stay like that. After 2-3 weeks of consciously forcing yourself to do the new behavior, you begin to look forward to it. Your mind and body adjust to the new way of doing things. Gradually, you no longer even want to do the old habit. That's when you are over the hump. The new behavior becomes your new habit.

That's why I selected 3 weeks to Ignore trolls.

Well, you know how the story comes out, now. After 3 weeks of posting without the nuisance of trolls, and enjoying more meaningful substance posting, I didn't want to go back to mixing it up with the trolls. That's when I hit on the idea of making my Ignore List permanent. I can truly say I love it and have zero desire to go back to the old way. I have transcended above that.

That is why I advise anyone considering this to just try it for 3 weeks.

You can control your life. You can control your habits. You can control your posting experience. It's a wisdom that is really a whole lot more powerful than just posting style. Most people don't understand or utilize this awesome power. But it is there for anyone who wishes to take control of their life.

So.

Do you control your habits?

Or do they control you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-19-2019)

16. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I'll share another habit I changed with that method.

I used to do a lot of name-calling. I was really good at it. I came up with some real doozies. I thought I was so funny. The board I was on had a rule that you couldn't make a personal attack on another poster, but said nothing about public figures. Oh, I came up with some choice stuff. I really did amuse myself. A lot of other posters liked my stuff, too. And a lot of other posters were horrified by it. But I wasn't breaking the rules, so I never got banned.

Along the way a conservative sent me a PM. He said I was a good writer and I would come across better if I just dropped the name-calling. He was earnest and convincing. And he was popular on that board. I thought about what he said. I decided he might be right. I am convinced of it now. So I used my trick. I changed that habit. I decided how I wanted to come across and set out to transform my style to be what I wanted to be. I look at other posters and realize most never even think about anything like that. I used to have favorites I wanted to emulate. Sometimes I wasn't proud of the things I said. Now, I always try to avoid hurting anybody's feelings. I see no point in it. Making others feel miserable does nothing for me. It's really win/lose philosophy. You don't win a race by holding others back. You do it by being faster. Hurting others doesn't help you. Self-improvement does.
    Another very conscientious reply.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-19-2019)

18. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mason is lib'rul.......Mason is incredibly stupid.......yes, Mason is a possibility......

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-19-2019), USFREEDOM911 (06-19-2019)

20. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Mason is lib'rul.......Mason is incredibly stupid.......yes, Mason is a possibility......
    Doesn't Mason say he is a Commie!?
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

21. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

curious......a review of the member list shows no Bobb.........has someone been allowed to delete a sock to avoid a ban?.......inquiring minds want to know........

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

23. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

curious......a review of the member list shows no Bobb.........has someone been allowed to delete a sock to avoid a ban?.......inquiring minds want to know........
    Banned posters don't appear in the list until they've done their time.

24. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Mason switched the name
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate