Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We must dismantle the systems that enabled the Trump crime family

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    The media would have you believe that, but only because Trump didn't have the same priorities as their elites. If Trump had engaged in the rhetoric that corporate elites wanted and had the same policies as either Bush or Obama on most things, then the media wouldn't have said much about corruption in his administration.

Biden clearly has a long history of corruption, but because he has the same priorities as the elites, they will cover for him. As long as he gives them what they want, corruption doesn't matter. If anything, it gives them leverage over him.

Elites want wealth and power. Trump gave them wealth and power.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Elites want wealth and power. Trump gave them wealth and power.
    You think Biden hasn't?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You think Biden hasn't?
    Biden was never the President.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Biden was never the President.
    He's had decades in Congress to do it, and he did it as VP.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He's had decades in Congress to do it, and he did it as VP.
    ok

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

You think this is about Trump because you can't see past American politics. It's about the dysfunctional brand of individualism that America has. People used to understand that freedoms had proportionate responsibilities. That is no longer understood.

The federal government used to be much smaller in scope, but that stopped being the case after FDR.

What America has now is a vast network of corruption, with an equally vast corporate media that manufactures consent and dissent toward whatever the elites want.

Other parts of the West have these problems as well, but on a lesser scale.
    everyone of our institutions -the media and the bureaucrats included are corrupt.
    There are horror stories about the vote -ballots coming in boxes at 4 AM allmarked only for Biden (no down ticket)
    ballots that look like they were pre-printed with Bidens name dot filled in.

I have no idea if this is true, but I have no idea if it's false either, the Sec of State of Dem cities like Phily, Mil, etc are corrupt.. The vote is of no confidence, and the press refuses to investigate anything -in fact tells Trump to STFU

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Saudade (11-22-2020)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, you have an out-of-control pandemic because a significant portion of the American public can't stop protesting and rioting.

Poorly educated would be a good way to describe the way that the American system propagandizes its children. A lot of the West has that problem in general, however.
    Really? "A significant number"? How odd that we had no protests and riots up here in the U.P., yet we've gone from ~100 cases of the virus on Memorial Day to well over 10,000 now. The same is true of red, red North and South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri...

Don't be an idiot. I know, that's hard for you. That's why you shouldn't talk about others being "poorly educated."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yeah...thats it exactly. WOW! Ignorance on a scale like this is pretty rare and THAT is really saying something these days. You dont "get" Trump voters at all. Couldnt possibly be farther off the mark if you tried.
    I understand Trumpcucks more than I wish too.
    They see the constant lies as a sign of strength because they think it means Trump has the balls to say whatever he wants and isn't constrained by trying to please people. They also like that it makes Liberals angry. Conservatives will tolerate America being completely destroyed as long as it "triggers da libs."

Educate yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firehose_of_falsehood

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The media would have you believe that, but only because Trump didn't have the same priorities as their elites.
    Name some non-establishment policies that Trump had.

The only reason Trump is seen as being non-establishment is because he's mentally challenged. But if you ignore that and look at what he actually did as president, every one of his policies was in line with the Elites.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I understand Trumpcucks more than I wish too.
    They see the constant lies as a sign of strength because they think it means Trump has the balls to say whatever he wants and isn't constrained by trying to please people. They also like that it makes Liberals angry. Conservatives will tolerate America being completely destroyed as long as it "triggers da libs."

Educate yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firehose_of_falsehood
    Look,....Im not saying that there isnt people out there like that. There is,....weirdo's are everywhere and in both political parties . I mean let be honest here,.....take a look at some of the lefties and its nothing short of a damned freak show.

Back to Trump supporters. You couldnt be further from the truth. Dont let your hatred guide your thinking,....its blinding you.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Name some non-establishment policies that Trump had.

The only reason Trump is seen as being non-establishment is because he's mentally challenged. But if you ignore that and look at what he actually did as president, every one of his policies was in line with the Elites.
    WRONG. He was openly hostile to China when it came to fair trade and currency manipulation. As you can plainly see,....the elites who OWN Biden are already snuggling up to their new masters the Chinese. Biden would be
    China's little bitch in every respect were he allowed to take office. Good thing he wont.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Most Americans, even the extra dumb ones, were against the Iraq War.
    I'm all for easier access to education, but we also need to accept that a lot of Conservatives are just stupid. We all know Trump lies constantly, Conservatives aren't ignorant of this, but they still supported him because they were low IQ enough to think that Trump is a strong leader and him lying constantly was actually a sign of strength.
    I know most polling tended to show a majority against the Iraq War, but virtually every Republican in Congress and almost every conservative on this board was keen on invading Iraq.

Aka, I frequently do not find IQ tests to be a leading indicator of good judgment. Psychological research is starting to put a premium on emotional intelligence.

I actually think our problem is deeper than education and intelligence. This country, uniquely among Western democracies, now has major political party that does not even feign an interest in democracy and openly flouts democratic norms and standards. They are they only major party in the western civilization which has almost never won a national popular vote election since the 1980s, but are still routinely awarded complete power over governance. Their political philosophy is more closely aligned with Vladimir Putin or Belarus' Lukashenko.

That is both a failure of Republican leadership and manifestation of a deep moral decay in the reactionary right.

Morality and leadership do not strike me as particularly easy problems to address

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I know most polling tended to show a majority against the Iraq War, but virtually every Republican in Congress and almost every conservative on this board was keen on invading Iraq.
    The Republicans were for the war because they were in a position to make money off of it. Smart people who weren't in that position were against the war. And I guarantee that the vast majority of Conservatives here are low IQ.

Aka, I frequently do not find IQ tests to be a leading indicator of good judgment. Psychological research is starting to put a premium on emotional intelligence.
    I'm open to that too. We might be better off banning people from voting based on low emotional intelligence.

I actually think our problem is deeper than education and intelligence. This country, uniquely among Western democracies, now has major political party that does not even feign an interest in democracy and openly flouts democratic norms and standards. They are they only major party in the western civilization which has almost never won a national popular vote election since the 1980s, but are still routinely awarded complete power over governance. Their political philosophy is more closely aligned with Vladimir Putin or Belarus' Lukashenko.

That is both a failure of Republican leadership and manifestation of a deep moral decay in the reactionary right.

Morality and leadership do not strike me as particularly easy problems to address
    If we're going to have a Democracy, we can't outright ban the Republican Party or conservative politicians. The best we could do is stop voters from voting people like that into power. And techniques that Republicans use, like fire-hosing, generally work on stupid people much more than people of average intelligence.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Biden supported Iraq, AfPak and Libya. I'm not sure about Syria; no doubt he was for arming the "rebels"
    the man has not met a war he hasn't embraced -he's the same neocon as John McCain

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

The trumpanzees in government are acting the same way now as they did before the election.
    They've been a criminal organization, albeit an inept one, from the start,
    and any nonsense about unity is an initiative to join their cowardly lawlessness.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969