Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NY Post says it is a possibility; Who here thinks new SCOTUS will include Kamala?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I doubt it will come to that, because it's unlikely she'd accept a nomination to the Supreme Court, IMO.

I'm pretty sure she wants to be president.
    It's still her duty to break a tie in the Senate, though.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    It's still her duty to break a tie in the Senate, though.
    I'm not sure about the probity of a VP voting to confirm their own nomination. It's an interesting question, though.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In her year infesting Mike Pence's office, the veep-creep has broken 15 ties in the Senate.

But none have been on confirmation votes for judicial nominees.

Most scenarios for a confirmation of Breyer’s successor have assumed a party-line vote, with the big question being whether Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema will be a problem for DEMOCRATS.

Republicans would probably have to raise it initially with the Senate parliamentarian. But any ruling she made could be overturned by the Senate itself, and in that eventuality, Harris could definitely cast a tie-breaking vote, leaving a lawsuit as the only remedy.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/01/can-harris-break-a-tie-on-a-supreme-court-confirmation.html

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I shouldn't even be humoring this, but do you have any idea how much women who are even at lower levels of management & power hear "they slept their way there?"

It's really sad, AND very misogynistic. Sorry.
    I do not care if you humor it or not, It's a well known that she slept her way to her position!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    If you were honest you would have posted "I just don't like women who I've heard have attained their status through sexual favors." But since you're NOT honest, you prefer to believe the scurrilous gossip about our Vice President.

What you really mean is "I don't like women with status."
    Absolute lie, strong women do not bother me at all my Mother is a stronger woman than any of you could hope to be, 83 and would still work circles around you and BP. She had a very strong work ethic that she passed on to me. The truth about heels up is well known hence the nick name! She is totally unqualified!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022), Matt Dillon (01-28-2022)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cypress,

Thank you. And I see I was wrong. The Constitution absolutely spells out how a vacancy in the Vice Presidency is filled. The President nominates one who is confirmed by both houses of Congress. 25th Amendment.

The post in which I stating the wrong thing will be deleted.
    It’s not the first time that you have been wrong...or the last.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I do not care if you humor it or not, It's a well known that she slept her way to her position!
    Indeed.

Kamala Harris's affair with San Francisco mayor Willie Brownhttps://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-8623781
    Aug 13, 2020 — Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris dated San Francisco's first black mayor Wilile Brown in the 1990s, while he was still married...

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Absolute lie, strong women do not bother me at all my Mother is a stronger woman than any of you could hope to be, 83 and would still work circles around you and BP. She had a very strong work ethic that she passed on to me. The truth about heels up is well known hence the nick name! She is totally unqualified!
    Yes, in your mind, because of her gender and her race. Her CV is pretty damn impressive. From her Wikipedia entry:

"Born in Oakland, California, Harris graduated from Howard University and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. She began her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, before being recruited to the San Francisco District Attorney's Office and later the City Attorney of San Francisco's office. In 2003, she was elected district attorney of San Francisco. She was elected Attorney General of California in 2010 and re-elected in 2014. Harris served as the junior United States senator from California from 2017 to 2021. Harris defeated Loretta Sanchez in the 2016 Senate election to become the second African American woman and the first South Asian American to serve in the United States Senate.[6][7] As a senator, she advocated for healthcare reform, federal de-scheduling of cannabis, a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, the DREAM Act, a ban on assault weapons, and progressive tax reform."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, in your mind, because of her gender and her race. Her CV is pretty damn impressive. From her Wikipedia entry:

"Born in Oakland, California, Harris graduated from Howard University and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. She began her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, before being recruited to the San Francisco District Attorney's Office and later the City Attorney of San Francisco's office. In 2003, she was elected district attorney of San Francisco. She was elected Attorney General of California in 2010 and re-elected in 2014. Harris served as the junior United States senator from California from 2017 to 2021. Harris defeated Loretta Sanchez in the 2016 Senate election to become the second African American woman and the first South Asian American to serve in the United States Senate.[6][7] As a senator, she advocated for healthcare reform, federal de-scheduling of cannabis, a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, the DREAM Act, a ban on assault weapons, and progressive tax reform."
    So why do so many blacks in CA hate her so bad? I'm talkin' they do not like that woman, for real. There's a good reason, but I forget what.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    So why do so many blacks in CA hate her so bad? I'm talkin' they do not like that woman, for real. There's a good reason, but I forget what.
    I have no knowledge of or evidence for "so many blacks in CA hate her so bad." How do you know this?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Irony from leftist hacks who impugned Justice Thomas and Winsome Earle-Sears.
    Don't forget Dr. Ben Carson and Candace Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You must enjoy looking like an ignorant, dumb partisan hack.
    What he really enjoys is stalking women after they reject his crude advances.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    I have no knowledge ...

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Yesterday, 08:33 PM
    Lesion
    Doesn't have the jewels
    This message is hidden because Lesion is on your ignore list.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-28-2022)

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

I have no knowledge of or evidence for "so many blacks in CA hate her so bad." How do you know this?
    Alex Jones and Donald Trump Jr told him.
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-28-2022)

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know some people from Oakland.

Here's one instance about it:

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/im-r...e-stompin-tom/

She's viewed as being overly heavy-handed, especially to black folk.

Like here:

"Most troubling, Ms. Harris fought tooth and nail to uphold wrongful convictions that had been secured through official misconduct that included evidence tampering, false testimony and the suppression of crucial information by prosecutors. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/o...l-justice.html

This is a person that should not be anywhere near the seat of president of the US. (or Supreme Court)
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-28-2022 at 09:14 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-01-2022)