Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corona Changed. CDC Responded. New Guidelines. Republicans Balk.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

There was a reason Trump cancelled the ethics training for his incoming transition team.

If ever there was a foreboding moment...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The Corona Virus Mutated into a more contagious variant called Delta.

The pandemic is coming back on. (We failed to get enough of us vaccinated.)

All the bad numbers are shooting up again.

The CDC responded by issuing more aggressive guidelines.

Republicans refuse to 'get it' that things have changed. They are pretending it's the same old Corona, and the CDC is just changing it's mind willy nilly.

That's silly.

Silly Republicans.

Sad and silly.

Republicans are pandering to anti social people whose only concern is themselves. We can't beat a pandemic with that kind of thinking. We have to have a coordinated response. We have to be united. This isn't political. It's virology. We have to stop this thing from spreading. We need everyone to get vaccinated. Take the risk, like the rest of us did. Do it for your country, like we did. We need you now.

Sure, we don't know if there might be some unknown future side effects, but we do know if we get everyone vaccinated, we can beat Corona. Many of us held out. We wanted to see if there were any problems with the vaccines. Essentially there are none. It's safe. Almost nobody has died after getting the vaccine. 99% of deaths now are unvaccinated.

It's time to do the patriotic thing. Get the vaccine.

And nobody likes that we have to go back to masking. But that's what we have to do. Things have changed. We are losing the battle again. Maybe we dropped the precautions too soon before. Maybe if everyone had gotten the vaccine as soon as they could this wouldn't be happening. The Delta variant has changed things. We need to respond. We can't just ostrich our way out of this.

Be a good American. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask.

Like the rest of us who want this pandemic done and gone.
    Its not hard to understand. Its also not hard to understand that knowing all these facts we have made the value judgement of no more masks and lockdowns. LWeve already extended this from 15 days to slow the spread to half a year of misery and now with the vaccines here were going to extend it further? and were going to do this every time theres a variant?

Fuck it. If were all going to die of covid then so be it.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    Its not hard to understand. Its also not hard to understand that knowing all these facts we have made the value judgement of no more masks and lockdowns. LWeve already extended this from 15 days to slow the spread to half a year of misery and now with the vaccines here were going to extend it further? and were going to do this every time theres a variant?

Almost no one is dying.

"Houston, we have a problem".
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tsuke,

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

We have zero indication that is our future.

It is more like we will gradually get enough people to join in the effort to eradicate this bug and get our world back.

We must keep our resolve strong and focus on that goal.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Almost no one is dying.

"Houston, we have a problem".
    Almost no one is dying. Hmmm, interesting. I guess almost no one died on 9/11, so no biggie. Almost no one died in Vietnam, so no biggy. Thanks for clearing that up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2021)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Almost no one is dying. Hmmm, interesting. I guess almost no one died on 9/11, so no biggie. Almost no one died in Vietnam, so no biggy. Thanks for clearing that up.
    It is appalling that this new sentiment is creeping up that so casually writes off the lives of others who are more at risk.

'Young healthy people have very little to fear from corona.'

That may be true, but our nation has a lot more people than the young and healthy.

Nobody asked to be born into cross-generational poverty. They didn't ask to be raised in food deserts where the only affordable food is unhealthy and results in high obesity rates, and prevalence of preventable diseases.

Many claim America is a Christian nation. Well if that was true, we should be having a lot more compassion for others. I'm an atheist but can clearly see the logic in a nation of people who look out for one another, have basic compassion.

How can we so cavalierly write off the lives of others?

We are stronger together. We have to look out for ourselves in this world, but we also owe a debt to the society that provides for us and makes our lives possible. We have to look out for others.

Jimmy Carter was so right.

All of this consumption and wealth posturing is distracting us from being good citizens.

“Human identity is no longer defined by what one does but rather by what one owns.” - Jimmy Carter.

I think the reason the right disparages Jimmy Carter so strongly is because he made them feel guilty.

There is a reason they feel guilty.

It hasn't gone away.

They're just, for the most part, cheap selfish people.

Where there is anger towards Carter for saying what he said? There are feelings of guilt because what Carter said was so spot on.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Concart,

It is appalling that this new sentiment is creeping up that so casually writes off the lives of others who are more at risk.

That may be true, but our nation has a lot more people than the young and healthy.

Nobody asked to be born into cross-generational poverty. They didn't ask to be raised in food deserts where the only affordable food is unhealthy and results in high obesity rates, and prevalence of preventable diseases.

Many claim America is a Christian nation. Well if that was true, we should be having a lot more compassion for others. I'm an atheist but can clearly see the logic in a nation of people who look out for one another, have basic compassion.

We are stronger together. We have to look out for ourselves in this world, but we also owe a debt to the society that provides for us and makes our lives possible. We have to look out for others.

All of this consumption and wealth posturing is distracting us from being good citizens.

“Human identity is no longer defined by what one does but rather by what one owns.” - Jimmy Carter.

I think the reason the right disparages Jimmy Carter so strongly is because he made them feel guilty.

It hasn't gone away.

Where there is anger towards Carter for saying what he said? There are feelings of guilt because what Carter said was so spot on.
    Where is your compassion for the victims of human trafficking at the border? Or your compassion for the kids whose first encounter with Fentanyl kills them?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Where is your compassion for the victims of human trafficking at the border? Or your compassion for the kids whose first encounter with Fentanyl kills them?
    It is there. And your whataboutism post is emblematic of deep seated problems in our society.

Jimmy Carter touched a nerve.

Now, to bring it right back to what you wanted to bury with your whataboutism post, where is your compassion for those who have died and others have lost so much, and suffered so greatly in this pandemic?

I bet when you read this, the first thought coming to your mind is how dreadfully horrible it is for you to wear a mask. Wearing a mask is not the kind of suffering I am thinking of. I am thinking of those who have lost loved ones, lost family providers, lost children. Nothing is more devastating than for a parent to have to bury their own child. Our society has suffered greatly in this pandemic. It is atrociously abominable for people to be so selfish that they cannot have the patriotism to be a part of the solution and go get the vaccine.

Follow the guidelines!

Embrace the effort to beat corona!

The right complains that America is not great enough.

Well sheesh. How can we be greater if we are so selfish?
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 08-02-2021 at 06:07 AM.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

It is there. And your whataboutism post is emblematic of deep seated problems in our society.

Jimmy Carter touched a nerve.

Now, to bring it right back to what you wanted to bury with your whataboutism post, where is your compassion for those who have died and others have lost so much and suffered so greatly in this pandemic?

I bet when you read this, the first thought coming to your mind is how dreadfully horrible it is for you to wear a mask. Wearing a mask is not the kind of suffering I am thinking of. I am thinking of those who have lost loved ones, lost family providers, lost children. Nothing is more devastating than for a parent to have to bury their own child. Our society has suffered greatly in this pandemic. It is atrociously abominable for for people to be so selfish that they cannot have the patriotism to be a part of the solution and go get the vaccine.

The right complains that America is not great enough.

Well sheesh. How can we be greater if we are so selfish?
    What am I supposed to do, don sack cloth and ashes? There’s literally nothing I can do to change the outcome or bring back the dead.

And the whataboutism bit is lame. If you’re going to moralize about Covid deaths and nothing else, that cheapens the moralizing. Would Jesus or any other moral teachers in the world religions turn a blind eye to the human trafficking going on at our border? What does it say about us as a people that we won’t lift a little finger to stop it?

Viral pandemics are an act of nature so man’s influence on them is limited. But what’s going on at our border can be stopped—but we just ignore it so people are suffering and dying as a consequence—just not from the CCP bug.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    What am I supposed to do, don sack cloth and ashes? There’s literally nothing I can do to change the outcome or bring back the dead.

And the whataboutism bit is lame. If you’re going to moralize about Covid deaths and nothing else, that cheapens the moralizing. Would Jesus or any other moral teachers in the world religions turn a blind eye to the human trafficking going on at our border? What does it say about us as a people that we won’t lift a little finger to stop it?

Viral pandemics are an act of nature so man’s influence on them is limited. But what’s going on at our border can be stopped—but we just ignore it so people are suffering and dying as a consequence—just not from the CCP bug.
    What kind of feigned and false, ever-so-shallow 'compassion' for immigrants says that it would be compassionate to prevent people from entering the great United States of America because disease transmission is possible when what they are leaving behind is destitution and misery in a place where they are severely oppressed and threatened, and success simply is not possible?

And to know that at least part of that oppression and threat to their very lives is because of what the United States does and did to create and fuel the drug wars just makes it irresponsible.

Are we not all human beings on the same little tiny speck of a planet, the only teensy weensy little oasis that supports our ability to live at all?

How shallow is it for Americans to pretend there is no world outside our own borders when we depend on the rest of the world for our lifestyle?

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 10,697 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll run with this whataboutism simply to goad you on and bring attention to my points, and then I will lead this conversation right back to why we need to be united in our effort against the virus.

How can a haphazard 'do as you please' policy be effective against a virus which can only be mitigated through a united and well organized effort?

It is not logical.

A pandemic clearly shows that there are some advantages to a totalitarian government where people dare not speak out against the government.

I am in no way proposing that that style of government is best, but it certainly is more effective in fighting a pandemic than everyone doing whatever pleases themselves only.

At some point even free countries have to have dedication from the citizens to a cause against something which threatens all of society.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

It hasn't gone away.

Bravo. Brilliant post. I have nothing to add except thank you for that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2021)

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll run with this whataboutism simply to goad you on and bring attention to my points, and then I will lead this conversation right back to why we need to be united in our effort against the virus.

How can a haphazard 'do as you please' policy be effective against a virus which can only be mitigated through a united and well organized effort?

It is not logical.

A pandemic clearly shows that there are some advantages to a totalitarian government where people dare not speak out against the government.

I am in no way proposing that that style of government is best, but it certainly is more effective in fighting a pandemic than everyone doing whatever pleases themselves only.

At some point even free countries have to have dedication from the citizens to a cause against something which threatens all of society.
    You may have just outed yourself lol.

If nothing else, the CCP pandemic illustrated that totalitarianism is never far away.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is not logical.

Rugged individualism does not win wars. Pulling together does. We’ve lost this one because all these anti mask don’t tread on me fools thought they knew more than the generals and the CIC was an incompetent boob.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2021)