View Poll Results: Will Obama get his Planned War against Syria?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The US will move the goalposts and demand more.

4 36.36%
  • The US will claim that Syria didn't give up 'all' it's chemical weapons.

4 36.36%
  • Syria will honour the agreement but the terrorists will use chem weapons and blame Assad.

1 9.09%
  • There will be no war because stated Obama interests have been satisfied.

1 9.09%
  • other (please specify)

1 9.09%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will America Get it's War on Syria? Or Will War be Avoided? A Poll.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 49 Times in 41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    Here's what the commission of which Del Ponte is a member condluded on July 18, 2013 a month and a half after Del Ponte said :

http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UND...df?OpenElement
    The absence of evidence does not constitute evidence. This is more than just American stupidity now, it's become a lust for war for no apparent reason.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    There is nothing I hate more than war. It turns men into monsters .. and women and children into statistics.

Why is America so in love with war?

Answer: for the money
    I have to say in defence of Desh that it's an emotional thing and her feelings are quite honest. In her mind it's not supporting war for economic reasons. But political reasons has become her motivation to accept any trumped up evidence with strong emotion.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monty1 View Post
    Both sides are probably guilty of executions of the other side's. It's just as disingenuous to post this as evidence as it is to post executions carried out by Assad's side. This isn't evidence for or against war.

And in fact the US is guilty of summary executions of it's enemies and we have video footage to prove it.
    It's evidence of atrocities by both sides and evidence that Obama's Al Qaeda warriors are just as guilty of atrocities as what is claimed Assad is doing .. AND, it's evidence of where US tax dollars are going .. and unless I miss my bet, US taxpayers are not funding Assad.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have to say in defence of Desh that it's an emotional thing and her feelings are quite honest. In her mind it's not supporting war for economic reasons. But political reasons has become her motivation to accept any trumped up evidence with strong emotion.
    I don't disagree with that. I like Desh a lot.

But her emotional ties to the Obama Administration cannot stand in the way of truth.

Outside of this issue, I agree with Desh about 90% of the time.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's evidence of atrocities by both sides and evidence that Obama's Al Qaeda warriors are just as guilty of atrocities as what is claimed Assad is doing .. AND, it's evidence of where US tax dollars are going .. and unless I miss my bet, US taxpayers are not funding Assad.
    Try to maintain a level of honesty and you will be able to continue to expect that of others too. The Al Quaida fighters are not Obama's. If you must make it a thing about Obama then only try to destroy his credibility on issues which have some degree of honesty attached.

On the other hand, I'm pleased that you have compromised your little façade of always taking the high road.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

if the powers that be want war, then we will have war. if the powers that be do not war, then we will not have war. it's that simple.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Try to maintain a level of honesty and you will be able to continue to expect that of others too. The Al Quaida fighters are not Obama's. If you must make it a thing about Obama then only try to destroy his credibility on issues which have some degree of honesty attached.

On the other hand, I'm pleased that you have compromised your little façade of always taking the high road.
    WHAT?

Who is supporting and training Al Qaeda in Syria? George Bush or Barack Obama?

You can call them whatever you like, I'll call them Obama's posse. Is that alright with you?

Grow up dude.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

tinfoil (09-12-2013)

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

More false flag operations in the works. Too easy

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

The absence of evidence does not constitute evidence. This is more than just American stupidity now, it's become a lust for war for no apparent reason.

Thanks Donald Rumsfeld, but please keep in mind that I offer that simply as a rejection of Del Ponte's claims that you continue to repeat despite the fact that her colleagues on the commission have rejected them.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    sure DH, trying to show the UN isn't really able to say whom "did it" -just that the agents ( chems) are there.
    The UN has no mandate to assign culpability for the use of chemcial weapons so the fact that it isn't saying whom is responsible isn't evidence of anything other than the UN's limited mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    I still tend towards Maher al-Assad, but the intel is never going to say for sure.
    I have said repeatedly that there will be no independent arbiter of whom carried out the attack. Even if the intel showed without a shadow of a doubt that the regime is responsible, Assad and Russia will deny it.

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

WHAT?

Who is supporting and training Al Qaeda in Syria? George Bush or Barack Obama?

You can call them whatever you like, I'll call them Obama's posse. Is that alright with you?

Grow up dude.
    The CanadianKid was always lacking in the smarts department....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    The CanadianKid was always lacking in the smarts department....
    It appears that you can add 'self-esteem' to that list of what's lacking.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Thanks Donald Rumsfeld, but please keep in mind that I offer that simply as a rejection of Del Ponte's claims that you continue to repeat despite the fact that her colleagues on the commission have rejected them.

Yeah...Rummy often pointed out that

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Smarter than the combined brains of all the lefties on this board
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The UN has no mandate to assign culpability for the use of chemcial weapons so the fact that it isn't saying whom is responsible isn't evidence of anything other than the UN's limited mandate.

I have said repeatedly that there will be no independent arbiter of whom carried out the attack. Even if the intel showed without a shadow of a doubt that the regime is responsible, Assad and Russia will deny it.
    On other words, the US has no authority, legal, moral, or otherwise, to attack Syria.

That's exactly what I've been saying all along.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Big Money (09-12-2013)

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap;1316479

[QUOTE
    10-4

at this point not even the US has anything to gain by beating that dead horse-

reprisalls are only going to make the situation more volitile

Not arming up the FSA/Sunni's is another better idea, but US still clings to it.
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven