Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "House Democrats may call new impeachment witnesses if Senate doesn't"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default "House Democrats may call new impeachment witnesses if Senate doesn't"

"Key House Democrats pressing the Senate to hear from new witnesses in President Trump’s impeachment trial are leaving the door open to another possibility: calling those witnesses themselves if Senate Republicans do not."

"If McConnell has his way and prevents new witnesses from appearing, they may find a stage in the House, where a number of Democrats are already advocating for their testimony if they’re silenced by the Senate."

"This week, Parnas offered vivid new details of that campaign, providing Democrats with a trove of documents, phone records, emails and text-messages related to his communications with Giuliani, a disreputable Ukrainian prosecutor, an unstable Republican landscaper. Much of the information Parnas provided came in the form of concrete communications records and physical documents."

"Aside from Parnas and Bolton, Democrats are also clamoring to hear testimony from a number of other administration officials, many of whom had declined to appear before the lower chamber last year after the White House blocked their participation."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-senate-doesnt

Could be really interesting if the Intelligence Committee took up the hearings with Nunes being the minority leader

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Earl (01-20-2020), Frank Apisa (01-21-2020), PoliTalker (01-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (01-21-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Key House Democrats pressing the Senate to hear from new witnesses in President Trump’s impeachment trial are leaving the door open to another possibility: calling those witnesses themselves if Senate Republicans do not."

"If McConnell has his way and prevents new witnesses from appearing, they may find a stage in the House, where a number of Democrats are already advocating for their testimony if they’re silenced by the Senate."

"This week, Parnas offered vivid new details of that campaign, providing Democrats with a trove of documents, phone records, emails and text-messages related to his communications with Giuliani, a disreputable Ukrainian prosecutor, an unstable Republican landscaper. Much of the information Parnas provided came in the form of concrete communications records and physical documents."

"Aside from Parnas and Bolton, Democrats are also clamoring to hear testimony from a number of other administration officials, many of whom had declined to appear before the lower chamber last year after the White House blocked their participation."

Could be really interesting if the Intelligence Committee took up the hearings with Nunes being the minority leader
    They can speed dial them; but that doesn't mean that they're going to be allowed in the Senate.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-20-2020), Earl (01-20-2020), FastLane (01-19-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

And the GOP plot sickens.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-21-2020), PoliTalker (01-21-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

House Demmycrats can call anyone they want to testify before the House........it's what they should have done in the first place......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-20-2020), Earl (01-20-2020), FastLane (01-19-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Parnas is out on bail. He is accused of lying to the government and filing fraudulent records with the government.
    Trump doesn't wear glasses because he already has 2020.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FastLane For This Post:

Earl (01-20-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    Parnas is accused of lying to the government and filing fraudulent records with the government.
    So has Donald Trump! So are you saying we should not believe either one of them?

GIVE US YOUR HONEST ANSWER? THIS IS GONNA' BE GOOD FOLKS? LOL Can't hardly wait!

12. The Following User Groans At Adolf_Twitler For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-20-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

THE HOUSE CANNOT ACT OUTSIDE THE RULES OF THE SENATE DURING AN IMPEACHMENT.

WHO THE FUCK DO THE STALIN-O-CRATS THINKS THEY ARE?

I THOUGHT THEY ALREADY HAD "OVERWHELMING PROOF"...

MUST BE LIKE SCHIFF'S "OVERWHELMING PROOF OG TRUMP/RUSSIA COLLUSION...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (01-20-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    So has Donald Trump! So are you saying we should not believe either one of them?

GIVE US YOUR HONEST ANSWER? THIS IS GONNA' BE GOOD FOLKS? LOL Can't hardly wait!
    the one we should honestly never believe is you.......you've proven that the last three years.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-20-2020)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
    Parnas is out on bail. He is accused of lying to the government and filing fraudulent records with the government.
    Perfect for the Democrats, a known liar.

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who cares if the House Dems call witnesses.

The trial is in the Senate, a simple majority of 51 will determine the issue and the House can't vote in the Senate.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can you show us the constitutional authority for this? The Constitution is pretty clear on impeachment. The role of the House is over at this point.
    Every life matters

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Can you show us the constitutional authority for this? The Constitution is pretty clear on impeachment. The role of the House is over at this point.
    I think he means re-starting the inquiry all over again in the House lol.

Except this time with witnesses they failed to call in the first place. This whole charade is a cluster of the first order.

If Democrats insist on a do-over they should be forced to declare Trump unimpeached, first.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

Except this time with witnesses they failed to call in the first place. This whole charade is a cluster of the first order.

If Democrats insist on a do-over they should be forced to declare Trump unimpeached, first.
    Not even. They left it open ended. YOU all said Schiff was 'shifty'. You meant SMART.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

22. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-20-2020)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2020)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't think they need to declare it........its pretty much obvious to everyone that it wasn't "forever", but was "never".......

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-20-2020)