Members banned from this thread: Charoite

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deplorable Blue Collars, truckers, farmers, smelly Walmarters & bitter clingers

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Not all of them use fake SS.

Where I last worked Illegals got paid out of pocket while we got paid in checks.

Illegals probably don't pay as much sales tax.
    They are usually lower income.

They also cheat property taxes a lot.

Often 3 to 8 illegals per room.

A large house cut into apartments burned down & over 40 illegals were found there.

This is a debacle & they are being abused while being also abusers too.
    Well, yeah, a lot of them do use fake ID's and SS #'s, and for those that do, they are paying all the payroll taxes that come out. No business as large as those factory farms that I know of would traffic in paying under the table to so many workers because of the way they would have to report that when they do their corporate taxes. That's why many of these businesses procure and then distribute false identification to the workers when they show up.

There was a show on ABC a few years ago called American Crime, and one of the seasons was about migrant workers. All that was portrayed in that show was based on the research the writers and directors did when they crafted the story arc for that season, some of them even lived in the migrant camp so the show could be authentic. I remember them even saying back then that there was a book they based it on, but the name of the book escapes me now.

But yeah, they don't own those houses.

They rent bed space in the camps.

I don't believe that undocumented workers abuse the system when the system is designed to exploit their labor.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Well, yeah, a lot of them do use fake ID's and SS #'s, and for those that do, they are paying all the payroll taxes that come out. No business as large as those factory farms that I know of would traffic in paying under the table to so many workers because of the way they would have to report that when they do their corporate taxes. That's why many of these businesses procure and then distribute false identification to the workers when they show up.

There was a show on ABC a few years ago called American Crime, and one of the seasons was about migrant workers. All that was portrayed in that show was based on the research the writers and directors did when they crafted the story arc for that season, some of them even lived in the migrant camp so the show could be authentic. I remember them even saying back then that there was a book they based it on, but the name of the book escapes me now.

But yeah, they don't own those houses.

They rent bed space in the camps.

I don't believe that undocumented workers abuse the system when the system is designed to exploit their labor.
    Where do you live?Vermont? North Dakota? Idaho?
    Because you don't seem to understand the Illegals very well.

My best friend lived on Smith street in Pawling, NY.
    Often called the ghetto or Ell Bario of Pawling.

They had 4 rooms & 4 apartments.
    They all shared 1 bathroom & 1 kitchen.

Her next store neighbor was a Guatemalan family of 6.
    Living in a room not much bigger than a jail cell.
    With 3 kids who overload the Pawling schools.

Let me ask you what that does to property taxes?

3. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I lived in NYC for 6 years out of college, and then in LA for 6 more years after that.

I understand enough that calling them "Illegals" is offensive and dehumanizing.

And anyone who does call them that opens a very wide window into their souls to show everyone precisely the type of character they have. And it ain't good.

4. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I lived in NYC for 6 years out of college, and then in LA for 6 more years after that.

I understand enough that calling them "Illegals" is offensive and dehumanizing.

And anyone who does call them that opens a very wide window into their souls to show everyone precisely the type of character they have. And it ain't good.
    Mexico deports & treats Central Americans like gatbage.

Not a heck of a lot better for Gringos.

5. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My best friend lived on Smith street in Pawling, NY.
    Often called the ghetto or Ell Bario of Pawling.

They had 4 rooms & 4 apartments.
    They all shared 1 bathroom & 1 kitchen.

Her next store neighbor was a Guatemalan family of 6.
    Living in a room not much bigger than a jail cell.
    With 3 kids who overload the Pawling schools.

Let me ask you what that does to property taxes?
    Look, you've said before that those people have always been there...at least since the 1980's. Remember? You said that Reagan ended migratory labor by granting amnesty (Not sure that's true at all, but let's see it through to its conclusion), so those migrants have always been there, but now you're saying the schools are overloaded because 3 kids go to the school?

3 kids aren't overloading a school.

The school is being underfunded.

Your property taxes going up has less to do with 3 extra kids at the school, and more to do with the fact that income taxes are cut, which results in revenue declines, which result in deficits, which are closed either by cutting spending, or raising taxes...like property taxes, for instance.

The undocumented people aren't the reason your property taxes went up, nor are they the reason for the school's overcrowding (which already happens, even without migrants)...the reason for those things is simply because of tax cuts and attacks on public institutions by Conservatives.

That's it. That's why.

6. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mexico deports & treats Central Americans like gatbage.
    Well, we aren't Mexico, nor should we be taking cues from them when it comes to migrants.

Most of those people migrating today are doing so less for economic opportunity, and more to save their own lives.

Mexico isn't safe for them because the cartels and gangs have reach there. They don't have reach here. Which is why the migrants are coming through Mexico to the US, and aren't stopping anywhere else along the way to plant roots and live permanently.

7. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Look, you've said before that those people have always been there...at least since the 1980's. Remember? You said that Reagan ended migratory labor by granting amnesty (Not sure that's true at all, but let's see it through to its conclusion), so those migrants have always been there, but now you're saying the schools are overloaded because 3 kids go to the school?

3 kids aren't overloading a school.

The school is being underfunded.

Your property taxes going up has less to do with 3 extra kids at the school, and more to do with the fact that income taxes are cut, which results in revenue declines, which result in deficits, which are closed either by cutting spending, or raising taxes...like property taxes, for instance.

The undocumented people aren't the reason your property taxes went up, nor are they the reason for the school's overcrowding (which already happens, even without migrants)...the reason for those things is simply because of tax cuts and attacks on public institutions by Conservatives.

That's it. That's why.

A house being intended for 1 family vs multiple families.
    Same tax base far more kids.

Yes, the Capitalist pigs hire them & also buy up these properties into cut up apartments.

Its treasonous if you ask me.

8. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A house being intended for 1 family vs multiple families.
    Same tax base far more kids.

Yes, the Capitalist pigs hire them & also buy up these properties into cut up apartments.

Its treasonous if you ask me.
    Your anger is justifiable, but please remember who is being exploited here...it's not you, it's not me, it's not taxpayers, it's not corporations...it's labor.

9. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,653 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Eh, it is Clinton's reform.
    The Clinton reform was for welfare--TANF (formerly AFDC).

SNAP and Medicaid work requirements were implemented in 2018 allowing states to initiate those programs.

10. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What does it matter to you if someone gets food stamps and/or Medicaid and aren't working?
    Because I am paying for it. There are multiple reasons they can be waived from these work requirements including school and alcohol and drug treatment. They must be between 18-59, able-bodied, and no young dependents.

If they have such good reasons not to work, I am sure it is included in the waivers. What do you have against people working?

You have no empathy for the taxpayer or for the benefits and self-respect people get from working.

11. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    The Americans that the elite aristocratic democrat party snobs hate, are keeping this country running during the shutdown.
    So gullible.

12. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The early Americans didn't think much of Corporations.

They had strict Corporate charters & weren't stupid enough to give Corporations the same rights as people.
    What rights did citizens have that corporations did not have?

13. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But you think a President Hillary Clinton would have done the same because bOtH sIdEs ArE tHe SaMe?
    Hillary would surely have tried to cover her butt--like hiding or destroying emails or something like that.

LMAO. Silly Flash. Those rich people will never lose money because they have access to several institutions and devices that protect them.

The people who lose money are those who lost their jobs and health care, and now have to spend money they don't have on health insurance they cannot afford.
    So, are you saying the middle class were the ones who lost billions in the market crash? If the rich took all their money out we would have seen a big drop when they did so for selling all their stocks. They are the ones who took the biggest losses in 2008 and 2020.

Tell me, what are these "institutions" and "devices" which protect them from market downturns? Anybody can put their money in bonds, CD's or other safe investments, but if they have it in the market they aren't protected from the losses. The smart ones bought when it was down.

These 6 Billionaires Were the Biggest Losers on 'Black Monday'

"Members of the billionaires club received some of the worst hits during the market meltdown last Monday. The wealthier a person is, the more investments they have in the stock markets, which means they are the most vulnerable to market volatility."

https://www.albawaba.com/business/th...s-black-monday

14. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Because I am paying for it.
    Are you? You've said -MANY TIMES- the wealthy pay most of the taxes, so your personal contribution to this is nominal at best.

There are multiple reasons they can be waived from these work requirements including school and alcohol and drug treatment. They must be between 18-59, able-bodied, and no young dependents.
    Again, who cares? It's not unemployed people who are sucking up trillions in welfare...that's all corporations and the wealthy.

If they have such good reasons not to work, I am sure it is included in the waivers. What do you have against people working?
    You think this is about people working? No, Flash, this is about you projecting the worst possible version of yourself on people you know nothing about, and don't care to know. That's because you have no empathy. You're a sociopath.

The problem is that we've tied someone value to their work, and that's precisely why we are in this mess today.

BTW - thanks to Conservatism and BoThSiDeRiSm that normalized it, 16 million people have lost their jobs and health care in the last three weeks.

Good work, there.

You have no empathy for the taxpayer or for the benefits and self-respect people get from working.
    It's sad that the only way you, personally, can respect yourself is if you have a job. The message you are sending is that you think without employment, you are worthless. And I would disagree with you on that self-assessment, Flash...you're pretty worthless whether or not you have a job.

15. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Hillary would surely have tried to cover her butt--like hiding or destroying emails or something like that.
    Ah, but you believe Clinton's response to this would have been the same as Trump's?