Members banned from this thread: Charoite

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deplorable Blue Collars, truckers, farmers, smelly Walmarters & bitter clingers

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    did you notice that the reason the people and the country are in trouble is that you didn't care about the Constitution?......
    The early Americans didn't think much of Corporations.

They had strict Corporate charters & weren't stupid enough to give Corporations the same rights as people.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

did you notice that the reason the people and the country are in trouble is that you didn't care about the Constitution?......
    No, we're in trouble because you didn't take the warnings seriously in 2016, and Trump didn't take the virus seriously in 2019.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    The early Americans didn't think much of Corporations.

They had strict Corporate charters & weren't stupid enough to give Corporations the same rights as people.
    I'll believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one.

Also, if money is speech, then there is no such thing as "free speech", and thus, some people have more speech than others.

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Undocumented workers are largely migratory workers, which means they follow the seasonality of jobs around the country. They aren't in the same place every time they work. So you would need to fill the demand for labor within the region, locale, area that need exists. Now, I could be wrong, but in many of those counties where this work takes place, there already aren't a lot of "able bodied folks able to work but aren't". This is dangerous because it assumes you can simply replace 1:1, but those migrants bring skills to the job that others don't have. And yes, farm work requires skilled workers.

1. They don't undercut taxes, they pay taxes that they aren't able to collect...like Social Security.

2. They should unionize.

3. The reason you don't pluck a random Joe to fill the job is because the job changes with the season, and is never in the same place. So you have an American worker who can only work these jobs during the season the need exists. What happens once the season is over and the crops are harvested? Back to government assistance...so we're just repeating the pattern over and over.

Because tying someone's value to their job is precisely why we are in this mess in the first place.
    In which year 1950?

We have a lot of PERMANENT illegals here where I live in Pawling, NY & also in the Brewster school district region I went tp school to.
    Almost all are Guatemalans.

Illegals are SUPPOSEDLY largely those who overstayed their VISAS.

I don't buy it.

There's millions of them in many places all from the same Mexican, Guatemalan & Salvadoran origins Los Angeles & NYC metro & Chicago metro & Texas too.

VISA overstayers would be more diverse.

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one.

Also, if money is speech, then there is no such thing as "free speech", and thus, some people have more speech than others.
    True.
    Corporate lobbyists are pathetic anti-Democracy measures.

But, free speech?

What about Facebook & Twitter censorship?

Is that free speech?

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In which year 1950?
    In 2020.

We have a lot of PERMANENT illegals here where I live in Pawling, NY & also in the Brewster school district region I went tp school to.
    Almost all are Guatemalans.
    Right, but the laborers of those families most likely migrate around to fill the need for labor. What happens is there are migrant camps, and from those camps, farms, factories, and other businesses literally send folks to point and pick who gets on the bus, and often, the bus doesn't go to the same place each day.

And many, if not most, those Guatemalans are probably there not necessarily for work, but to escape the turmoil in that country...turmoil we caused with our various misadventures in Central America.

There's millions of them in many places all from the same Mexican, Guatemalan & Salvadoran origins Los Angeles & NYC metro & Chicago metro & Texas too.
    So...all over the country.

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True.
    Corporate lobbyists are pathetic anti-Democracy measures.

But, free speech?

What about Facebook & Twitter censorship?

Is that free speech?
    Facebook & Twitter are corporations who can do whatever they want with their platform.

8. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm proud of all the demmycrats who have refused to hire cheap illegal labor......
    Republicans also hold responsibilty.

Reagan's Amnesty.

Largely Repub farmers & contractors & Wal-Mart hiring them.

Although I'll admit
    Restaurant's are mostly Dems prob hiring them.

9. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Facebook & Twitter are corporations who can do whatever they want with their platform.
    The days of illegals being migratory ended largely with Reagan.

True to an extent.

USA backed genocide squads in Guatemala
    &
    Cartels & MS 13 who bring the US drugs are also to blame.

10. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I disagree there.
    It should be considered public domain & incorporate greater free speech.

11. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Undocumented workers are largely migratory workers, which means they follow the seasonality of jobs around the country. They aren't in the same place every time they work. So you would need to fill the demand for labor within the region, locale, area that need exists. Now, I could be wrong, but in many of those counties where this work takes place, there already aren't a lot of "able bodied folks able to work but aren't". This is dangerous because it assumes you can simply replace 1:1, but those migrants bring skills to the job that others don't have. And yes, farm work requires skilled workers.

1. They don't undercut taxes, they pay taxes that they aren't able to collect...like Social Security.

2. They should unionize.

3. The reason you don't pluck a random Joe to fill the job is because the job changes with the season, and is never in the same place. So you have an American worker who can only work these jobs during the season the need exists. What happens once the season is over and the crops are harvested? Back to government assistance...so we're just repeating the pattern over and over.

Because tying someone's value to their job is precisely why we are in this mess in the first place.
    Illegals pay far less taxes for sure.

There's a partial reason why our property taxes skyrocketed in Brewster region &,Pawling region with the arrival of Illegals.

12. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I disagree there.
    It should be considered public domain & incorporate greater free speech.
    Well, you're not wrong!

Though, I would say the internet is public domain, and any website that does commercial business (like Twitter and Facebook), should have to pay carriage fees.

13. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Illegals pay far less taxes for sure.
    No, they really don't. Most of them use false SS #'s for the employers' benefit, and all the subsequent payroll taxes are taken out of those. They also spend in the same economy as we do, so they are paying sales taxes too, but not really getting any of the benefits. No undocumented worker goes to Kroger and doesn't pay the sales tax.

There's a partial reason why our property taxes skyrocketed in Brewster region &,Pawling region with the arrival of Illegals.
    Your taxes skyrocketed not because of migrants (as you said, they've always been there), but likely because of income tax cuts that caused revenue to drop and deficits to spike, and those deficits had to be closed someway/somehow.

14. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, they really don't. Most of them use false SS #'s for the employers' benefit, and all the subsequent payroll taxes are taken out of those. They also spend in the same economy as we do, so they are paying sales taxes too, but not really getting any of the benefits. No undocumented worker goes to Kroger and doesn't pay the sales tax.

Your taxes skyrocketed not because of migrants (as you said, they've always been there), but likely because of income tax cuts that caused revenue to drop and deficits to spike, and those deficits had to be closed someway/somehow.
    Not all of them use fake SS.

Where I last worked Illegals got paid out of pocket while we got paid in checks.

Illegals probably don't pay as much sales tax.
    They are usually lower income.

They also cheat property taxes a lot.

Often 3 to 8 illegals per room.

A large house cut into apartments burned down & over 40 illegals were found there.

This is a debacle & they are being abused while being also abusers too.

15. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

A hidden cost is the fact that many people pay their casual labor for not working now.