Thread: Florida's COVID-19 surge continues; 60% jump in cases THIS WEEK

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Very much so. Re-Trumpify the border. In fact, just bring back Trump in general. This whole biden shit show will get better.

P.S.-I think I made up the word "Trumpify", feel free to use it.
    148 dead yesterday in Florida. Is that more to your liking, scumbag?

There are approximately 2.5 MILLION unvaxxed Republicans who are registered to vote in the state of Florida. So probably double that. And you are worried about a few immigrants. Clean up your own house, dipshit.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    this surge is because of biden putting illegals in Fla and TX that have covid you stupid motherfucker
    Lol!

Yep, how unbelievably dumb.

Blaming immigrants for a bunch of dumb trump supporters testing positive after denying a vaccine.

No wonder idiots believe the election was rigged and person women man camera TV is a stable genius who grabs women without assaulting them.

I do my best to respect other ideas and perspectives but this trolling, please let it be trolling not an actual belief, is dangerous and simply stupid. Wow! Just dumb, wow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-24-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

34-year-old who joked on Twitter about not being vaccinated dies from COVID-19

According to a report from KCAL Los Angeles, a 34-year-old man who joked six weeks ago that he had not been vaccinated against COVID-19 died from the novel coronavirus this week after documenting on his social media accounts his declining health while asking for prayers.

The report states that Stephen Harmon, a graduate of Hillson College, made his last social media post on Wednesday just before he was intubated.

He wrote, "i'm choosing to go under intubation, i've fought this thing as hard as i can but unfortunately it's reached a point of critical choice & as much as i hate having to do this i'd rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don't know when i'll wake up, please pray."

https://www.rawstory.com/covid/

Well dude you could have gotten a free shot(s), now you have left your family with the burden of paying for your hospital costs and your funeral....this is just how stupid you were and everyone else that follows what ever you idiots follow...you were advised...

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    34-year-old who joked on Twitter about not being vaccinated dies from COVID-19

According to a report from KCAL Los Angeles, a 34-year-old man who joked six weeks ago that he had not been vaccinated against COVID-19 died from the novel coronavirus this week after documenting on his social media accounts his declining health while asking for prayers.

The report states that Stephen Harmon, a graduate of Hillson College, made his last social media post on Wednesday just before he was intubated.

He wrote, "i'm choosing to go under intubation, i've fought this thing as hard as i can but unfortunately it's reached a point of critical choice & as much as i hate having to do this i'd rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don't know when i'll wake up, please pray."

https://www.rawstory.com/covid/

Well dude you could have gotten a free shot(s), now you have left your family with the burden of paying for your hospital costs and your funeral....this is just how stupid you were and everyone else that follows what ever you idiots follow...you were advised...
    He won't wake up. Most people who are intubated never do. How sad.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    He won't wake up. Most people who are intubated never do. How sad.
    won't matter how many die....even children and young adults, right wing extremism is now a permeant fixture in GQP politics

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cue the DeSantis apologists. It is a shit show here. I've now been exposed at least twice for lengthy periods of time. Would love to make sure I don't have an asymptomatic case, but at least here in Jacksonville, it is impossible to schedule a test at any testing site without waiting days. I might buy one of those Walmart kits. The defiant anti-vaxxers have fucked the country for every single person. It is time for mandates and vaccine passports. I'm sick of these fucking assholes.
    "exposed at least twice for lengthy periods of time"!!! WHY ARE YOU HANGING OUT WITH ALL THOSE YOUNG BLACK UNVACCINATED REPUBLICANS!!!??? Did you get caught outside without your face diapers and a Trump rally broke out? Wait a damn minute. I thought YOU were vaccinated. Google "what are the chances of getting covid after full vaccination". Plenty of links from non-aligned sources that might give your fevered mind some rest. Otherwise, stop being such a Nancy wuss.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Stretch (07-24-2021)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"exposed at least twice for lengthy periods of time"!!! WHY ARE YOU HANGING OUT WITH ALL THOSE YOUNG BLACK UNVACCINATED REPUBLICANS!!!??? Did you get caught outside without your face diapers and a Trump rally broke out? Wait a damn minute. I thought YOU were vaccinated. Google "what are the chances of getting covid after full vaccination". Plenty of links from non-aligned sources that might give your fevered mind some rest. Otherwise, stop being such a Nancy wuss.
    LOL, you mean the old fat white fuck with the Trump 2024 hat that's now in the ICU and lied about being vaccinated? The other person that I was exposed to was vaccinated but had a breakthrough case. There are MILLIONS of unvaccinated Trumptards in Florida. This isn't a minority problem. So, is the death toll worthy of your attention now? Or is it still too low? What number of deaths in Florida is acceptable to you?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-24-2021)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    won't matter how many die....even children and young adults, right wing extremism is now a permeant fixture in GQP politics
    They are a death cult. 'Don't Tread On Me' should be changed to 'Don't Walk On My Grave'. Tens of thousands of Trump supporters are going to die because of their defiance. Which really means their abject stupidity. Some of them are posting on this site.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch
    Cases of flu variants will be around forever. Double jabbed people are still getting it. Build up your own immune system and recover. By now everyone knows how to do it. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Fake Physician, heal thyself and take your own worthless advice. lol
    why didn't I think of that? just build up my own immune system!! that's the ticket! that is how we eliminated smallpox and polio!! everybody built up their own immune system.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-25-2021), PoliTalker (07-24-2021), ThatOwlWoman (07-24-2021)

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

blacks and young people arent getting vaxxed either. Makes no difference to me. keep your immune system healthy, and get vaxxed and quit the angst

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Callinectes (07-24-2021), Stretch (07-24-2021)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

State offers $1 million COVID-19 vaccination scholarship program

Maryland Gov. Hogan announced earlier this month, the launch of the $1 million VaxU scholarship program. The effort is to incentivize those eligible, kids between 12-17 to get vaccinated against COVID-19, the governor said. Anyone between those ages who was vaccinated in the state is automatically entered to win.

Maryland Gov. Hogan announced earlier this month, the launch of the $1 million VaxU scholarship program. The effort is to incentivize those eligible, kids between 12-17 to get vaccinated against COVID-19, the governor said. Anyone between those ages who was vaccinated in the state is automatically entered to win.

Winners will receive a $50,000 scholarship for any public, in-state institution of higher education. As of July 12, the state began randomly selecting two winners and will continue with weekly drawings through Labor Day, when they will then pick four winners.

“The virus, and its variants are a dangerous threat to you,” Hogan said. “Getting vaccinated is the only way to protect yourself and to continue on our recovery.”

"The winners will receive a Maryland 529 prepaid college trust contract, which locks in today's tuition rates for the future, or a Maryland 529 College invest plan," said Gov. Hogan. "And the winner, if they decide down the line.... [that they] would like to attend a private institution or school that's outside of the state of Maryland, they can actually transfer the scholarship to the school of their choice."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...edgdhp&pc=U531

unfortunately a college scholarship won't attract any MAGA's, for obvious reasons

18. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,493 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Cases of flu variants will be around forever. Double jabbed people are still getting it. Build up your own immune system and recover. By now everyone knows how to do it. Get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    why didn't I think of that? just build up my own immune system!! that's the ticket! that is how we eliminated smallpox and polio!! everybody built up their own immune system.
    That bimbo thinks she's some sort of medical expert. She's also still waiting for 1) the Kraken, and 2) the Rapture. That's all you need to know. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14,600 cases. Here we go again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-24-2021)

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL, you mean the old fat white fuck with the Trump 2024 hat that's now in the ICU and lied about being vaccinated? The other person that I was exposed to was vaccinated but had a breakthrough case. There are MILLIONS of unvaccinated Trumptards in Florida. This isn't a minority problem. So, is the death toll worthy of your attention now? Or is it still too low? What number of deaths in Florida is acceptable to you?
    Oh, excuse me. I didn't know you had an anecdote and knew ONE of the estimated 4000 people in the country with a breakthrough case. And everyone knows the COVID virus itself is a proud chinese-american registered republican who voted twice for Trump! All I got is statements from national and local health institutions and black community leaders, and none of them will tell me the political affiliations of these anti-vaxers. Am I saying that NONE of these people are Trump supporters? Fuck no! Am I saying they're all biden voters? I doubt that. The point is, no one knows. And it is the pinnacle of stupidity to continue politicizing a fucking virus. But something you should know. A whole shit ton of these anti-vaxers, whatever their political leanings, are gonna get sick. Some will die. The vast majority will get well and self vaccinate. Ask some questions about how that's gonna work out.

What number of deaths in Florida is acceptable to me? It tickles me when someone of any political stripe starts talking about what is "acceptable". Who are you gonna complain to if you find the biden virus death count "unacceptable"?

Absolutely amazing the level of hubris from the left on this subject.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, excuse me. I didn't know you had an anecdote and knew ONE of the estimated 4000 people in the country with a breakthrough case. And everyone knows the COVID virus itself is a proud chinese-american registered republican who voted twice for Trump! All I got is statements from national and local health institutions and black community leaders, and none of them will tell me the political affiliations of these anti-vaxers. Am I saying that NONE of these people are Trump supporters? Fuck no! Am I saying they're all biden voters? I doubt that. The point is, no one knows. And it is the pinnacle of stupidity to continue politicizing a fucking virus. But something you should know. A whole shit ton of these anti-vaxers, whatever their political leanings, are gonna get sick. Some will die. The vast majority will get well and self vaccinate. Ask some questions about how that's gonna work out.

What number of deaths in Florida is acceptable to me? It tickles me when someone of any political stripe starts talking about what is "acceptable". Who are you gonna complain to if you find the biden virus death count "unacceptable"?

Absolutely amazing the level of hubris from the left on this subject.
    You were the one mocking the death toll pal.