Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans Need to Get Rid of Trump to Win in 2024

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    I've been vocal with my criticism of him.
    All you've criticized him for is acting like a child.

You didn't criticize his failed tax cut.

You didn't criticize his failed tariffs.

You didn't criticize his failed Afghanistan withdrawal, you know that one you blamed Biden for even though Trump was the one who made the deal with the Taliban.

You didn't criticize his failed COVID response.

You didn't criticize his cozy relationship with Russia.

You didn't criticize him adding $8T to the debt in 4 years, even though you criticized Obama for adding that much in 8 years.

You didn't criticize him for Charlottesville.

You didn't criticize him for blackmailing Ukraine.

You didn't criticize him for lying about election fraud.

So what the fuck did you criticize him for?

Or are you just giving yourself cover by criticizing a part of his personality but not any part of the shitty job he did as President?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    No Sir! I don't know how you came to this conclusion based on what I wrote. Did I mention fighting skills, physical toughness, or violence in any way with regards to my definition of a man or a president?
    As I said, a reasonable inference, based on what you said, is that you want a tough guy as President...

Under Trump's Helm (YOUR WORD NOT MINE), over a Million people died from a pandemic that he is personally responsible for making worse and more deadly, because he failed to work soon enough to take proper actions in trying to save the public from it's deadly sweep through our nation or around the world.
    Your ability to regurgitate left wing talking points is impressive.

More people have died of Covid with Biden in opffice than with Trump, despite the fact that, during the second Presidential debate, he promised to "end this".

He hasn't.

He's proven to be a profound failure, considering that more people have died from Covid with Biden in office that with Trump...

Not only that This criminal president corrupted every governmental department and agency he could or tried to shut them down completely. He also tried to end our allegiance with NATO, he cancelled the IRAN deal, and cancelled our alliance with the Paris Agreement.
    Fuck Iran, and the Paris Accord was unfair to the United States. When you consider that it was a democrat negotiating that one for us, though, that isn't surprising.

He also didn't try to end our allegiance with NATO. If he wanted to do that, he could've.

He threatened to do it. While not good, it's not "trying", so stop lying...

Other presidents tried to unify the nation after turning from the campaign trail to the White House.
    What did Biden do?

From his first days in Washington to his last, Trump seemed to revel in the political fight. He used his presidential megaphone to criticize a*long list*of perceived adversaries, from the news media to members of his own administration, elected officials in both political parties and foreign heads of state. The more than*26,000 tweets*he sent as president provided an unvarnished, real-time account of his thinking on a broad spectrum of issues and eventually proved so provocative that Twitter*permanently banned him*from its platform.
    Twitter banned my neighbor.

I'm not impressed...

In his final days in office, Trump became the first president ever to be*impeached twice*

Remind me: How many times was he found guilty?

An impeachment is nothing more than an indictment. Period. And, because it's almost a partisan affair, getting that indictment isn't difficult. Getting convicted in the Senate, however is rare. In fact, it's so rare that it's never happened...

the second time for inciting an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol during the certification of the election he lost
    What do you believe it was that he said which incited the rioters?

and the nation’s first chief executive in more than 150 years to*refuse to attend*his successor’s inauguration.
    Yes, we agree, he acts like a child.

There is no requirement for an outgoing President to attend the inauguration of his successor, so whining about it is kinda' meaningless...

Trump’s status as a political outsider, his outspoken nature and his willingness to upend past customs and expectations of presidential behavior made him a constant focus of public attention, as well as a source of deep partisan divisions.
    Absolutely...

Conspiracy theories were an especially salient form of misinformation during Trump’s tenure, in many cases amplified by the*president himself. For example, nearly half of Americans (47%) said in September 2020 that they had heard or read a lot or a little about the collection of conspiracy theories*known as QAnon, up from 23% earlier in the year.4 Most of those aware of QAnon said Trump seemed to support the theory’s promoters.
    Can you cite that poll, please?

The false claim gained widespread currency among his voters: In a January 2021 survey,*three-quarters*of Trump supporters incorrectly said he was definitely or probably the rightful winner of the election.
    I know a lot of people who voted for Donald Trump, and maybe a half dozen of them believe that the election was stolen..

I would like to see that survey, though, so it'd be great if you could link to it...

Throughout his tenure, Donald Trump questioned the legitimacy of democratic institutions, from the free press to the federal judiciary and the electoral process itself. In surveys conducted between 2016 and 2019, more than half of Americans said Trump*had little or no respect*for the nation’s democratic institutions and traditions, though these views, too, split sharply along partisan lines.*

The 2020 election brought concerns about democracy into much starker relief. Even before the election, Trump had*cast doubt*on the security of mail-in voting and*refused to commit*to a peaceful transfer of power in the event that he lost. When he did lose, he refused to*publicly concede defeat, his campaign and allies filed dozens of*unsuccessful lawsuits*to challenge the results and Trump personally pressured state government officials to retroactively*tilt the outcome*in his favor.

The weeks of legal and political challenges culminated on Jan. 6, 2021, when Trump addressed a crowd of supporters at a rally outside the White House and again falsely claimed the election had been “stolen.” With Congress meeting the same day to certify Biden’s win, Trump supporters*stormed the Capitol*in an attack that left five people dead and forced lawmakers to be evacuated until order could be restored and the certification could be completed. The House of Representatives impeached Trump a week later on a charge of inciting the violence, with 10 Republicans joining 222 Democrats in support of the decision.
    Again, what is it that Trump said that you believe incited the rioters?

Look, I could go on here all day on how Trump damaged this nation under his HELM as you put it.

BUT YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT MY MESSAGE, AND YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT YOUR ASSESSMENT OF THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY- THAT WE WERE IN GOOD SHAPE!
    There's an old adage: Voters vote with their wallet. You should wrap your head around that. When it comes time to vote, the average American voter isn't going to give a shit about 3:00am tweets or about how a Republican pulled us from the Paris Accord. They're going to look at the fact that they're now paying six bucks for a dozen eggs, almost five bucks for a gallon of milk or a gallon of gas. Now, libs will say "But that isn't Biden's fault", but it doesn't matter. People will look at who's in charge and blame him. Period.

The Biden Presidency will long be a stain on the history of this country. The best we can hope for is that he and his party are shown the door, and more responsible, sane people are allowed to govern. Four more years of democratic rule will destroy this country...
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Claims of ‘ghost flights’ of ‘illegal immigrants’ don’t add up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/04/claims-ghost-flights-illegal-immigrants-dont-add-up/

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know, a good policy isn;t only one which helps the economy.

Trump's border policy was a good one. Our border is a fucking sieve compared to what it was when Trump was in office. Keeping illegal scumbag aliens out of this country is simply the right thing to do, and Biden took a great big dribbly shit all over that policy. Think about it: No one was having to fly illegal scumbag aliens around the country while Trump was in office...
    His border stuff has zero to do with the economy. Thanks for showing your disgusting racism though.

Also, keep in mind that there have been far more Covid deaths with Biden in office than there were when Trump was in office...
    Nine months (T) versus 22 months (B). Do you think that explains why there were fewer deaths in the Toadstool regime?

I don't disagree that Trump often acted like a child. That's long been one of my problems with the guy. And, yeah, Biden does act like an adult. He acts like an octogenarian who can't count to three, wears Depends® and has Alzheimer's...
    Oh of course, that's all true. Even if it was, you should worship him therefore, like you do your Saint Ronnie, who actually did have Alzheimers, bless his heart.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-29-2022), LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

As I said, a reasonable inference, based on what you said, is that you want a tough guy as President...

Your ability to regurgitate left wing talking points is impressive.

More people have died of Covid with Biden in opffice than with Trump, despite the fact that, during the second Presidential debate, he promised to "end this".

He hasn't.

He's proven to be a profound failure, considering that more people have died from Covid with Biden in office that with Trump...

Fuck Iran, and the Paris Accord was unfair to the United States. When you consider that it was a democrat negotiating that one for us, though, that isn't surprising.

He also didn't try to end our allegiance with NATO. If he wanted to do that, he could've.

He threatened to do it. While not good, it's not "trying", so stop lying...

What did Biden do?

Twitter banned my neighbor.

I'm not impressed...

In his final days in office, Trump became the first president ever to be*impeached twice*

Remind me: How many times was he found guilty?

An impeachment is nothing more than an indictment. Period. And, because it's almost a partisan affair, getting that indictment isn't difficult. Getting convicted in the Senate, however is rare. In fact, it's so rare that it's never happened...

What do you believe it was that he said which incited the rioters?

Yes, we agree, he acts like a child.

There is no requirement for an outgoing President to attend the inauguration of his successor, so whining about it is kinda' meaningless...

Absolutely...

Can you cite that poll, please?

I know a lot of people who voted for Donald Trump, and maybe a half dozen of them believe that the election was stolen..

I would like to see that survey, though, so it'd be great if you could link to it...

Throughout his tenure, Donald Trump questioned the legitimacy of democratic institutions, from the free press to the federal judiciary and the electoral process itself. In surveys conducted between 2016 and 2019, more than half of Americans said Trump*had little or no respect*for the nation’s democratic institutions and traditions, though these views, too, split sharply along partisan lines.*

The 2020 election brought concerns about democracy into much starker relief. Even before the election, Trump had*cast doubt*on the security of mail-in voting and*refused to commit*to a peaceful transfer of power in the event that he lost. When he did lose, he refused to*publicly concede defeat, his campaign and allies filed dozens of*unsuccessful lawsuits*to challenge the results and Trump personally pressured state government officials to retroactively*tilt the outcome*in his favor.

Again, what is it that Trump said that you believe incited the rioters?

There's an old adage: Voters vote with their wallet. You should wrap your head around that. When it comes time to vote, the average American voter isn't going to give a shit about 3:00am tweets or about how a Republican pulled us from the Paris Accord. They're going to look at the fact that they're now paying six bucks for a dozen eggs, almost five bucks for a gallon of milk or a gallon of gas. Now, libs will say "But that isn't Biden's fault", but it doesn't matter. People will look at who's in charge and blame him. Period.

The Biden Presidency will long be a stain on the history of this country. The best we can hope for is that he and his party are shown the door, and more responsible, sane people are allowed to govern. Four more years of democratic rule will destroy this country...
    You're not ready for reality yet! You haven't lived in it for years, and you are still struggling to accept facts!

People want Democracy and Freedom more than anything else.

You just think people are as obsessed with money, but that is not the main thing people are looking for.

Money does not buy happiness.

Yes, our poorest people are strapped for money right now and I feel sorry for anyone who is struggling with that.

Most people realized during the pandemic, that if themselves and their family members didn't get sick and die with it, THEY WERE ALREADY RICH!

THE PEOPLE did not blame Biden for why they are were going through tough economic times, as they saw everyone in the world facing the same economic problem.

I think you are overlooking the importance of Democracy, Normalcy, Reality, Integrity, Dignity, Humanity, Sanity, Rationality, Unity, AND women's and minorities freedom's are in THE PEOPLE'S lives.

Without all those things- MONEY IS WORTHLESS!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

9. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    His border stuff has zero to do with the economy.
    Which is exactly why I said that not all good policies affect the economy...

Thanks for showing your disgusting racism though.
    How is wanting us to have secure borders racist?

See, I don't give a flying fuck what color someone is or where they come from. If you want to come to this country, that's wonderful! Just do it legally.

Only American-hating pinheads have a problem with that...

Nine months (T) versus 22 months (B). Do you think that explains why there were fewer deaths in the Toadstool regime?
    During the first nine months of Biden's Presidency, more American's died from Covid that during the nine months with Trump in office.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...biden-trump-j/

Besides, Biden said he would stop it, and he's proven only to be a miserable failure at doing so.

Why are you supporting a liar?

Oh of course, that's all true. Even if it was, you should worship him therefore, like you do your Saint Ronnie, who actually did have Alzheimers, bless his heart.
    Yes, Reagan was diagnosed six years after he left office.

Biden is proving that he has it now...

10. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    You're not ready for reality yet! You haven't lived in it for years, and you are still struggling to accept facts!

People want Democracy and Freedom more than anything else.

You just think people are as obsessed with money, but that is not the main thing people are looking for.
    That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that, when it comes down to brass tacks, Americans will vote with their wallet...

Money does not buy happiness.
    You just don't know where to shop...

Yes, our poorest people are strapped for money right now and I feel sorry for anyone who is struggling with that.

Most people realized during the pandemic, that if themselves and their family members didn't get sick and die with it, THEY WERE ALREADY RICH!
    This wonderful little Kumbaya sentiment is sweet and all, but it's also pretty silly...

THE PEOPLE did not blame Biden for why they are were going through tough economic times, as they saw everyone in the world facing the same economic problem.
    I know they didn't blame him. They'll do that on November 5th, 2024...

I think you are overlooking the importance of Democracy, Normalcy, Reality, Integrity, Dignity, Humanity, Sanity, Rationality, Unity, AND women's and minorities freedom's are in THE PEOPLE'S lives.
    I suspect you're young; a millennial, perhaps?

Without all those things- MONEY IS WORTHLESS!
    Money is never worthless...

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that, when it comes down to brass tacks, Americans will vote with their wallet...

You just don't know where to shop...

This wonderful little Kumbaya sentiment is sweet and all, but it's also pretty silly...

I know they didn't blame him. They'll do that on November 5th, 2024...

I suspect you're young; a millennial, perhaps?

Money is never worthless...
    No! I must confess, I AM AN OLD FART! Turned 71 in September!

Probably, the only way we will ever know is through asking these kinds of questions at the exit polls as to why they voted the way they did.

To be honest, we're probably both just guessing.

And your opinion is just as important as mine!

I'm no psychologist, but I am willing to take a closer look!

SO, let me take a stab at just saying that people are motivated by only 3 reasons to do everything they do.

People do things to either to gain pleasure from them, or prevent some kind of pain- OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 11-29-2022 at 04:46 PM.

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

delete duplicate post
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 11-29-2022 at 05:01 PM.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 6,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

He was, and that's certainly something every single voter in this country should keep in mind.

They should also keep in mind the fact that there have been far more Covid deaths while Biden's been in office.

That's fair, yes?
    No, it's not "fair" it's total bullshit.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're retarded.

I've been vocal with my criticism of him. The fact that you stupidly continue to spew contrary bullshit just makes you look even more retarded.

And you already look really fuckin' retarded...
    Yeah, tell us more about how "Biden would have killed more people".

Dude, you're a lib-bashing troll with no regard for our country or its institutions. A Democrat hurt you which is why you spew such ridiculous twumptard garbage.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    So,

Republicans are basically fucked with twump in the mix of candidates. If twump wins the primary, he'll lose in the general. It twump loses the R primary, which he likely will, he'll just switch to Independant, split the conservative vote, allowing the Democrat to sail to victory.

Republican's only prayer to win in 24 is to get rid of twump. Look for someone with information to offer up immunity in exchange for dumping dirt on twump, like Bannon, for example. Others, previously refusing to testify to congress will have a sudden "change of heart".

If Republicans have any prayer for victory nationally, they need to dump twump.

It's their only hope, Obi-wan!
    First of all, if Trump sinks the republicans, I hope that they stick to him like glue.

If he runs as an independent, however, it could create a horrific problem.
    The Democratic candidate could easily get the most electoral votes, but still have fewer than the needed 50%+1.

Then the republican House picks the president, and they would pick Rhoda Santis or whoever the republican candidate is, even if he finished THIRD!

It's not a far-fetched possibility at all. And I don't capitalize "republican" on purpose.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-29-2022)

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, it's not "fair" it's total bullshit.
    No, it's not.

You worship your Alzheimer's god. It's okay.

During the second Presidential debate, he said he would end Covid.

He failed.

And you worship him...

18. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, tell us more about how "Biden would have killed more people".

Dude, you're a lib-bashing troll with no regard for our country or its institutions. A Democrat hurt you which is why you spew such ridiculous twumptard garbage.
    A democrat hurt me?

LOL!

No democrat is that talented.

And I never said Biden killed more people, you stupid fuck. See, you stupidly believe that Trump killed people, so you assume (and stupidly so) that anyone who's not a Biden fan would say the same about Biden.

You're a fucking idiot and, really, you're just about too stupid to talk to...

19. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, it's not.

You worship your Alzheimer's god. It's okay.

During the second Presidential debate, he said he would end Covid.

He failed.

And you worship him...
    Oh, no. You're one of Into the Night's Socks. Dammit.