Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    russo bot holes come in all kinds

some pretend to be way liberal so they can trash the front runner

this poster was pretty fucking weird the last time he posted here

he only shows up around elections and trashes the front runner
    Biden is not worthy of being the front-runner and that is coming from someone who will vote for him if he only damn choice.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Sanders is Russian tainted idiot
    please..enough of the Russiaphobia!
    NATO expansion has created a caged Bear -and we keep poking it

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nomad,

They wouldn't be able to enact all they are envisioning because it requires an act of Congress to make those things real. I don't view their policy solutions as promises but as ideas. If they are effective at convincing people of the need for what they envision, then they might be able to get a tenth of what they propose enacted. Everybody thought Obama stepped on the third rail of politics when he pushed for healthcare reform. And to be true, he didn't get what he hoped for in the beginning, What we got was all watered down trying to appease Congress, one member at a time. But he sure amazed the naysayers who thought he would never get it across the finish line.

Also, Health care reform was just one of Obama's goals. He wanted to do the same kinds of radical change to education and energy production, but he was never able to get around to those things because health care turned into such a protracted battle. The same kind of priority picking would be faced by Warren should she take office.

1.) It's not like anybody just expects her to be able to snap her finger and tax wealth itself with an EO.

2.) Yeah, well, if enough seats flip then Republicans are not going to have the votes to quash it. And if not this time then the next. 2020 is when the new census happens and the districts get redrawn by the party in power.

3.) Biden is a corporate suck-up just like Obama. He talks a good game but he plays old school politics. I think America is getting a bit tired of that.

Another reason to totally revamp education.
    1.) On the contrary, I think that a lot of these millennial progressive types don't even think about and possibly don't really even understand how our government, legislative process and Senate rules work.

2.) IF as you can see, is a huge word. And what you're suggesting the possibility of is almost certain not to happen, given the makeup of the US voting population and the number of seats in play. Even if the Dems won the WH with a simple majority in the Senate, the Repugs would still have the filibuster at their disposal which, as they proved under Obama, they are more than willing to use on any and every issue. It takes a 60 to 40 seat advantage by one party over the other to defeat a filibuster and force a vote.

It is therefore, that Warren's "ideas" are pipe dreams at best, cynical gimmicks designed to dupe the voters at worst.

3.) Translation: Biden is a REALIST WHO UNDERSTANDS THE WAY THE REAL WORLD WORKS just like Obama.

Biden's honesty should be appreciated, not punished.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the name of the game folks isn't class warfare -it's international competition.
    If we create more wealth in the US it helps us all - we don't have to fight over the same pie -make the pie bigger.

Going after China for ex. means we gett good jobs back, ( which are happening) and we bleed out less in trade

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Biden is not worthy of being the front-runner and that is coming from someone who will vote for him if he only damn choice.
    He's a better choice than...

Ms. Rainbow Unicorn.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nomad,

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    1.) On the contrary, I think that a lot of these millennial progressive types don't even think about and possibly don't really even understand how our government, legislative process and Senate rules work.
    True of more than millennials.

2.) IF as you can see, is a huge word. And what you're suggesting the possibility of is almost certain not to happen, given the makeup of the US voting population and the number of seats in play. Even if the Dems won the WH with a simple majority in the Senate, the Repugs would still have the filibuster at their disposal which, as they proved under Obama, they are more than willing to use on any and every issue. It takes a 60 to 40 seat advantage by one party over the other to defeat a filibuster and force a vote.
    Nobody said it would be easy. If R's block meaningful progress then they have to answer for that in the next election. It's a process. The sooner it is begun, the sooner it can be reality.

It is therefore, that Warren's "ideas" are pipe dreams at best, cynical gimmicks designed to dupe the voters at worst.
    Not at all. They could become reality. The only thing that is certain is it won't happen if we don't push for it.

3.) Translation: Biden is a REALIST WHO UNDERSTANDS THE WAY THE REAL WORLD WORKS just like Obama.

Biden's honesty should be appreciated, not punished.
    I would vote for Biden over Trump. But he is not my first choice.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    If we create more wealth in the US it helps us all - we don't have to fight over the same pie -make the pie bigger.

Going after China for ex. means we gett good jobs back, ( which are happening) and we bleed out less in trade
    Same old trickle down bullshit has been proven not to work for anyone but those who the trickle is supposed to come down from but never does. All the created wealth stays in the hands of those at the top and the trickle just seems to evaporate on the way down.

Go try to peddle your snake oil somewhere else.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Class warfare is real and it hurts the American economy very much. We need to deal with that if we want to solve our problems.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Nomad,

True of more than millennials.

Nobody said it would be easy.

1) If R's block meaningful progress then they have to answer for that in the next election. It's a process. The sooner it is begun, the sooner it can be reality.

2) Not at all. They could become reality. The only thing that is certain is it won't happen if we don't push for it.

I would vote for Biden over Trump. But he is not my first choice.
    1) Nonsense. They never have before because that's what their rabid base expects of them and why they continue to vote them back into office. If they supported Warren's agenda by casting a Senate vote for it, THAT is what they'd have to answer for in the next election.

2) Get real, friend.

Not.

Gonna.

Happen.

Not outside of progressives' pipe dreams, anyway.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    We hear that Pocahontas will be using smoke signals at her next rally.
    I was going to say you're better than this but I reconsidered.

That was ugly, Mr. Earl. I take it back.

However, try not to fall for stereotypes.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello anatta,

Class warfare is real and it hurts the American economy very much. We need to deal with that if we want to solve our problems.
    no it's not real -that's communism talking.
    Upward mobility is what is needed and you do that by expanding opportunities, jobs and advancement (training/education)
    I swear to Great Buddha I *shudder* when I read such increasingly common crap from the young and dumb.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

free stuff ( college, guaranteed income) and extreme taxation ( like trillions needed for New Green Deal) is by definition radical redistribution.

<snip>
    Just selecting one small item out of your post, regarding free college. We already pay taxes for K-12 public schooling. I don't have a problem extending that to public colleges.

― Charles Dickens

13. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2019)

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Same old trickle down bullshit has been proven not to work for anyone but those who the trickle is supposed to come down from but never does. All the created wealth stays in the hands of those at the top and the trickle just seems to evaporate on the way down.

Go try to peddle your snake oil somewhere else.
    no it doesn't. Created wealth come thru increased opportunities - like good jobs and education.
    Likke this economy. The wealthy are doing great, but SO IS THE MIDDLE CLASS with significant wage growth
    and high paying career jobs.

The wealthy invest in plants, or financial services -whatever, and that how you get jobs.
    Of course there are middle class entrepenuers as well; and you support them with tax breaks/infrastructure

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Just selecting one small item out of your post, regarding free college. We already pay taxes for K-12 public schooling. I don't have a problem extending that to public colleges.
    you pay for it then -not me.
    The problem with college is costs controls. simply adding more and more money to an over-priced situation
    means the costs keep going up.
    Colleges are awash in cash -fix that before you bleed more taxes

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you pay for it then -not me.
    The problem with college is costs controls. simply adding more and more money to an over-priced situation
    means the costs keep going up.
    Colleges are awash in cash -fix that before you bleed more taxes
    Children are required to attend school up to age 16 or so. College is a choice. And state-funded colleges are just one of the choices. You have a much smaller percentage of kids going to college and the numbers are spread out between public and private. I think if the numbers were crunched, it wouldn't be as much of a tax hit as people think.

― Charles Dickens