Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Not Listen To Tucker Carlson. Pure Hatred.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Do Not Listen To Tucker Carlson. Pure Hatred.

His M.O. is to spread hatred.

Extreme right wing pundits gain viewership by being provocative, in order to sell advertising.

It is a simple formula. Say things that make people angry, hit them with advertising. It works. Products are sold. Money is made.

Viewers are told that the country is in terrible condition, falling apart, white life is unbearable, doomed, and that liberals are to blame for all of these problems (whether they are actual problems or contrived matters little.)

The overall goal is not to make people angry. That is merely the necessary method used to earn the profits, an unfortunate byproduct of the goal of making lots of money. The most controversial talking heads on the right, such as TC, are all very rich because of it.

Regardless of that, the reality is that there are a lot of very angry people in the USA, and they are angry at liberals. It is impossible for an ordinary liberal to conduct a rational conversation with people like that. Thus, it is pointless to try. Anyone who does generally receives an outburst of vehemence, simply for stating their own view, which they are entitled to in America.

Life is so much nicer without that kind of negative energy.

Extremism should be marginalized, not encouraged. Do not listen to Tucker Carlson. It is a very bad habit.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-04-2021), MAGA MAN (09-21-2021)

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-02-2021), Frank Apisa (09-02-2021), Gamewell45 (09-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-01-2021), Trumpet (09-20-2021), Whythink (09-01-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    His M.O. is to spread hatred.

Extreme right wing pundits gain viewership by being provocative, in order to sell advertising.

It is a simple formula. Say things that make people angry, hit them with advertising. It works. Products are sold. Money is made.

Viewers are told that the country is in terrible condition, falling apart, white life is unbearable, doomed, and that liberals are to blame for all of these problems (whether they are actual problems or contrived matters little.)

The overall goal is not to make people angry. That is merely the necessary method used to earn the profits, an unfortunate byproduct of the goal of making lots of money. The most controversial talking heads on the right, such as TC, are all very rich because of it.

Regardless of that, the reality is that there are a lot of very angry people in the USA, and they are angry at liberals. It is impossible for an ordinary liberal to conduct a rational conversation with people like that. Thus, it is pointless to try. Anyone who does generally receives an outburst of vehemence, simply for stating their own view, which they are entitled to in America.

Life is so much nicer without that kind of negative energy.

Extremism should be marginalized, not encouraged. Do not listen to Tucker Carlson. It is a very bad habit.
    Tucker is beneath contempt. He knows he's lying. He knows that his lies are killing people. He does it for money. He is no better than a serial killer. Let's stop sugarcoating this.

5. The Following 2 Users Groan At Concart For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-04-2021), Earl (09-04-2021)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-02-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-01-2021), PoliTalker (09-01-2021), signalmankenneth (09-02-2021), Whythink (09-01-2021)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Tucker is beneath contempt. He knows he's lying. He knows that his lies are killing people. He does it for money. He is no better than a serial killer. Let's stop sugarcoating this.
    Tucker Carlson is the face of hatred in America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Whythink (09-01-2021)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He forsakes his country for money.

His net worth is $30 Million.

He sold a lot of hatred to get that rich.

Does he get your attention?

Do you have a habit of watching?

There is a reason for that.

Does he elicit strong emotions?

Does he instill White Grievance in you?

Does he make you angry at BLM?

Does he make you angry at liberals?

Does he make you think white power is slipping away?

There are reasons for all of those, too.

Do you ever get to watch him without seeing commercials?

2+2

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Default Judge Rules Carlson Full Of BS

"A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a defamation case against self-styled Fox News instigator Tucker Carlson. The case was brought by former Playboy model Karen McDougal, who alleged she had a 10-month affair with Donald Trump after meeting him in 2006 and subsequently sold her story a decade later to the National Enquirer. Though the tabloid never ran the story, it was later made public that the publication engaged in “catch and kill” to suppress a number of skeletons in Trump’s closet. When the story was revealed, McDougal alleged that Fox News host Tucker Carlson defamed her when discussing it on air in December 2018, telling his viewers that McDougal was soliciting a “ransom” in what “sounds like a classic case of extortion” of the now-president and that she “approached Donald Trump and threatened to ruin his career and humiliate his family if he doesn’t give them money.” McDougal said that Carlson and the network that airs him damaged her reputation by broadcasting those falsehoods and sought monetary damages.

Defamation suits are difficult to prove and prosecute, in part because broad swaths of speech, particularly speech that can claim to be political speech, have sweeping protections under the First Amendment. When the New York Times reported on the suit in December, Lyrissa Lidsky, an expert in defamation law and the dean of the University of Missouri School of Law, said “the case against Fox News could come down to whether a reasonable viewer would think Mr. Carlson was accusing Ms. McDougal of a crime.”

Do Fox News viewers think Tucker Carlson tells them the truth? Are they, in fact, reasonable? The federal judge, Mary Kay Vyskocil, who herself was appointed to the federal bench by Trump nine months ago, dismissed the case, citing Carlson’s First Amendment protections. That is, Vyskocil bought the argument Fox News was pushing that Carlson is, first and foremost, not a provider of “the news” as we know it, or “facts” as we commonly understand them, and his audience knows this. They’re apparently in on the gag. Fox News doesn’t label Carlson’s speech parody because that’s embarrassing for a company with the word news in its name to admit; it’s not factual journalism because that implies some responsibility for the credibility of the information that you spew. Instead, Fox News lawyers claim, Carlson is not “stating actual facts” but simply engaging in “non-literal commentary.”

From Judge Vyskocil’s opinion:

[In] the context of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the Court finds that Mr. Carlson’s invocation of “extortion” against Ms. McDougal is nonactionable hyperbole, intended to frame the debate in the guest commentator segment that followed Mr. Carlson’s soliloquy. As Defendant notes, Mr. Carlson himself aims to “challenge political correctness and media bias.” This “general tenor” of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not “stating actual facts” about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in “exaggeration” and “non-literal commentary.” … Given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer ‘arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism’ …
    "

Judge Rules Tucker Carlson Is Not a Credible Source of News
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-01-2021 at 01:09 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-01-2021)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Never watched his show in my life and tried to watch Gutfield last night and couldn't. It is the same for both sides, these Fox, MSNBC, CNN, and others appeal to the extremists for their base audience

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

Jarod (09-20-2021), Truth Detector (09-21-2021)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    He forsakes his country for money.

His net worth is $30 Million.

He sold a lot of hatred to get that rich.

Does he get your attention?

Do you have a habit of watching?

There is a reason for that.

Does he elicit strong emotions?

Does he instill White Grievance in you?

Does he make you angry at BLM?

Does he make you angry at liberals?

Does he make you think white power is slipping away?

There are reasons for all of those, too.

Do you ever get to watch him without seeing commercials?

2+2
    Correct. There are people like Carlson on this site. They are paid to betray their country. It's a disgrace.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (09-20-2021), PoliTalker (09-01-2021), Whythink (09-01-2021)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not stating actual facts.

Worth $30 Million.

2 + 2 = Hate Peddler.

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,263 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Tucker Carlson has become America's Enemy number 1!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-01-2021)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow's Viewers Know She Offers Exaggeration and Opinion, Not Facts
    "Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news," an Obama-appointed judge ruled.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-c...addows-viewers

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-04-2021), PoliTalker (09-01-2021), Truth Detector (09-21-2021)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tucker is all about telling the truth.

We need more like him.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

OldMercsRule (09-20-2021), Truth Detector (09-21-2021)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Is is at the top of the list of people the Failed Intelligentsia is out to destroy.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,263 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Is is at the top of the list of people the Failed Intelligentsia is out to destroy.
    He is at the top of the Shithead list!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Frank Apisa (09-02-2021)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He is at the top of the Shithead list!
    Is is certainly one of the most powerful enemies of this Regressive Revolution.

Which is a badge of honor.

DARK AGES SUCK!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Geeko Sportivo,

Trump said the whole media was the enemy.

Nope.

It was Fox and Tucker.

Still is.

He is anti-America.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (09-01-2021)