Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marine colonel 'relieved of duty' over viral message to military leaders re: Afghan

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 49 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Fucking obnoxious cunt, do one!
    Another uneducated moron on the forum.
    I'VE POSTED SOME TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT
    DONALD TRUMP

I JUST WANTED TO SAY TO EVERYONE
    THAT I MEANT ALL OF IT.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50USA For This Post:

evince (09-02-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-02-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,815 Times in 17,253 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,594 Times in 4,272 Posts

Who is accountable for a suicide bomber? I suppose it would be whoever gave him the bombs and the instructions on how to use them. It is certainly no America. Biden was against getting bombed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (09-02-2021), Guno צְבִי (09-02-2021)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

I think he is a great soldier and Marine. He has a stellar record and tons of missions accomplished.

But, never go out on a media platform like that and start lambasting your officers on their decisions on orders in the heat of battle. He is in a position of leadership, and the things he is saying in his private life could reach those under his command, and well, I don't have to explain to you what could come from all that- as you already know. These are military code violations. And his fellow officers and even those under his command tried to get him to cool it. So his ranking officer relieving him of his command was about the only way to handle this in the field. He should have just cooled it and went though his cool down period without quitting.

And relieving him of duty is one thing, but his determination to walk away from the Marines is not a wise decision when all he needs is 3 more years to retire.

I understand how he feels, but, there is a time and place to criticize your brass and presidents decisions- and this was not the time or place to do it.

I hope he changes his mind about ending his military career- as our military needs men and women like him to carry out these risky deadly missions- AND FEW OF THEM EXIST WITH HIS guts and CALIBER!

The military does have many men and women that don't even think about their own safety, careers, or their personal life when it comes to the safety of their soldiers around them! And it is very upsetting to see 13 of your own men and women die like that! But, you gotta' remain cool when still being under-fire!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 08-30-2021 at 02:51 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

evince (09-02-2021)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,100 Times in 12,627 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,440 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have been following this. My wife who was 26 years enlisted Army says that this is so outside of military tradition that she cant support it but I say that the senior leaders have so betrayed America that it is justified. I want to see many hundreds of mid level officers signing a letter demanding accountability from the generals, so many that it is impossible to fire or otherwise punish them.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I have been following this. My wife who was 26 years enlisted Army says that this is so outside of military tradition that she cant support it but I say that the senior leaders have so betrayed America that it is justified. I want to see many hundreds of mid level officers signing a letter demanding accountability from the generals, so many that it is impossible to fire or otherwise punish them.
    that sounds right.

It matters because he's fired for demanding accountability form the brass for this fiasco

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 Times in 14,709 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    A Marine officer claims he was "relieved of duty" after going viral in a video demanding accountability from military leadership after the deadly attack at the Kabul airport amid evacuations capping a 20-year war in Afghanistan.

Stuart Scheller, a lieutenant colonel, made the announcement in a social media post on Friday

Scheller, who says he served in the Marines for 17 years and identified himself as the battalion commander for the Advanced Infantry Training Battalion, posted the video in question on the internet Thursday evening.

In it, he demanded accountability for the explosion outside Kabul's Hamid Karzai International Airport on Thursday that led to the deaths of 13 U.S. service members, including 11 Marines. The attack, for which an Islamic State affiliate claimed responsibility, took place as U.S. forces wrap up evacuations of U.S. citizens and Afghan allies from Afghanistan following a Taliban takeover and collapse of the U.S.-backed Afghan government.

Scheller also said he knew one of the Marines who died in the explosion.

MARINE BATTALION COMMANDER CALLS OUT SENIOR LEADERS FOR AFGHANISTAN FAILURES IN VIRAL RANT

"The reason people are so upset on social media right now is not because the Marine on the battlefield let someone down," Scheller said in the viral video.
    He went on to say people may have died in vain if the government and the military leaders did not hold themselves accountable and admit it botched the operation. President Joe Biden and his administration have expressed remorse over the loss of life but stressed the evacuations would continue with a strict Aug. 31 pullout deadline.
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/marine-off...222200770.html
    The man should have been promoted not relieved of duty.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

that sounds right.

It matters because he's fired for demanding accountability form the brass for this fiasco
    Which according to military law he can only do in private, through the chain of command, not publicly.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

evince (09-02-2021)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He wants and expects to give up his commission and not be punished.

I wonder if it goes that way.

“I want to make the announcement today: After 17 years I am currently not pending legal action and I could stay in the Marine Corps for another three years, but I don’t think that’s the path I’m on. I’m resigning my commission as a United States Marine, effective now,” said Scheller, before adding that he has yet to begin the process or read up on the relevant Marine Administrative Message (MARADMIN) for how to resign a commission. “I’m sure there’s some MARADMIN on how I’m supposed to do that and I’ll work through that, but I am forfeiting retirements, all entitlements. I don’t want a single dollar. I don’t want any money from the VA. I don’t want any VA benefits. I’m sure I’m entitled 100%.”

Scheller ended the video, titled “your move,” by saying “follow me and we will bring the whole fucking system down.”
    https://taskandpurpose.com/news/mari...elieved-video/
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 08-30-2021 at 03:16 PM.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,815 Times in 17,253 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,594 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    You evacuate BEFORE the tali take charge...
    That was the plan. Biden was assured that the Afghan army would take care of things. What was shown, is they were a chimera. When they fled, it was up to us to take care of it all. Except for 1 incident, it worked very well. We got over 122,000 out. That is way beyond what rightys claimed was possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-30-2021)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    That was the plan. Biden was assured that the Afghan army would take care of things. What was shown, is they were a chimera. When they fled, it was up to us to take care of it all. Except for 1 incident, it worked very well. We got over 122,000 out. That is way beyond what rightys claimed was possible.
    Yet again you make the claim with no proof ... got a link ???

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

The guy resigned from the Marine Corps to protest lack of accountability by anyone for the rout out

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was nice to see Tucker talking about this tonight.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Interesting:

Marine who spoke out about Afghanistan withdrawal says he expects to be jailed
    https://news.yahoo.com/marine-spoke-...195300681.html

DARK AGES SUCK!

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,738 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

A Marine officer claims he was "relieved of duty" after going viral in a video demanding accountability from military leadership after the deadly attack at the Kabul airport amid evacuations capping a 20-year war in Afghanistan.

Stuart Scheller, a lieutenant colonel, made the announcement in a social media post on Friday

Scheller, who says he served in the Marines for 17 years and identified himself as the battalion commander for the Advanced Infantry Training Battalion, posted the video in question on the internet Thursday evening.

In it, he demanded accountability for the explosion outside Kabul's Hamid Karzai International Airport on Thursday that led to the deaths of 13 U.S. service members, including 11 Marines. The attack, for which an Islamic State affiliate claimed responsibility, took place as U.S. forces wrap up evacuations of U.S. citizens and Afghan allies from Afghanistan following a Taliban takeover and collapse of the U.S.-backed Afghan government.

MARINE BATTALION COMMANDER CALLS OUT SENIOR LEADERS FOR AFGHANISTAN FAILURES IN VIRAL RANT

"The reason people are so upset on social media right now is not because the Marine on the battlefield let someone down," Scheller said in the viral video.
    He went on to say people may have died in vain if the government and the military leaders did not hold themselves accountable and admit it botched the operation. President Joe Biden and his administration have expressed remorse over the loss of life but stressed the evacuations would continue with a strict Aug. 31 pullout deadline.

Hey you stupid fucking Russian asset

It was against his oath of service to say that shit

Stupid fucking uneducated Russian

Don’t drink the tea putin sends you

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,411 Times in 52,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

He's going over the edge: https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...is-commission/

“Although Scheller initially stated that he would not be making any further statements on social media, he released a second video over the weekend in which he said he was resigning his commission from the Marine Corps.

I could stay in the Marine Corps for another three years, but I don’t think that’s the path I’m on,” Scheller said in his Sunday video, reportedly taken from an abandoned school bus in North Carolina. “I’m resigning my commission as a United States Marine effective now. I’m sure there’s some more admin or knows what to do that, and I’ll work through that.”

Scheller went on to say that he has no interest in retirement or VA benefits he would qualify for. Instead, he still seeks accountability from senior leadership.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"