Thread: How Mueller will trap Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Default How Mueller will trap Trump

Same way Ken Starr got BJ.
    Starr knew that all he had to do with BJ is get him in a deposition and once there he'd lie. He just was incapable of telling the truth and we all knew that.
    If Mueller gets Trump into an interview he will lie because that's what he does. His stories change by the minute.
    So that's the strategy... get Trump in a face to face interview with Mueller is all that it will take because once there he will lie. As sure as the sun rises.
    This is the present strategy since no collusion has been found and it's obvious none will. Mueller has to justify all the money spent on the investigation.
    Mueller will recommend impeachment which may or may not happen depending on congress. If congress does impeach he won't be convicted by the senate since lying to an investigator will not be considered a high enough bar to convict, same as with BJ - lying about a blowjob just didn't meet the standard of high crimes.
    my $.02.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Starr knew that all he had to do with BJ is get him in a deposition and once there he'd lie. He just was incapable of telling the truth and we all knew that.
    If Mueller gets Trump into an interview he will lie because that's what he does. His stories change by the minute.
    So that's the strategy... get Trump in a face to face interview with Mueller is all that it will take because once there he will lie. As sure as the sun rises.
    This is the present strategy since no collusion has been found and it's obvious none will. Mueller has to justify all the money spent on the investigation.
    Mueller will recommend impeachment which may or may not happen depending on congress. If congress does impeach he won't be convicted by the senate since lying to an investigator will not be considered a high enough bar to convict, same as with BJ - lying about a blowjob just didn't meet the standard of high crimes.
    my $.02.
    He better do it fast because the clock's ticking. Tic Tock.

3. The Following User Groans At countryboy For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (01-12-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    In what way? I thought Mueller had unlimited time as well as budget.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Jarod (01-09-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In what way? I thought Mueller had unlimited time as well as budget.
    Meuller's investigation becomes more illegitimate every single day. This guy is going to have to save face somehow, if he wants to retain even an ounce of credibility. And it may even be too late for that now.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...tional-crisis/

7. The Following User Groans At countryboy For This Awful Post:

Mason Michaels (01-11-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,554 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Muellers investigation is going on like investigations do. He is careful and thorough. Trump will try and pull the " I don't remember trick, but he already claimed on of the alltime great memories. (who says things like that). Mueller told his staff they had all of 2018 to work.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 01-09-2018 at 04:00 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-09-2018)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Meuller's investigation becomes more illegitimate every single day. This guy is going to have to save face somehow, if he wants to retain even an ounce of credibility. And it may even be too late for that now.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...tional-crisis/
    I agree and the only way for him to save face is to catch Trump in a lie, any lie no matter how small. And he'll do it even if Trump somehow tells the whole truth. He'll do it with well thought out gotcha questions.
    This is all he has and I believe he's desperate.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Muellers investigation is going on like investigations do. He is careful and thorough. Trump will try and pull the " I don't remember tri=ck, but he already claimed on of the alltime great memories. (who says things like that).
    Well that's a trick they all use. hrc used it a lot. I guess it works.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

WHy is the clock ticking? It Starr almost 7 years of investigating before he got Clinton.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-09-2018)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

If Mueller came out and said, "OK, investigation is finally over... I have looked thoroughly into everything and from what I can tell Rump is clean."

He would not need to save face, he will have done his job.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-09-2018), ThatOwlWoman (01-09-2018)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,035 Times in 13,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Got to love the "no collusion has been found and it's obvious none will" the assumption that denominates the post, how in the hell do you know what Mueller knows?

Amazing how conservatives all want to make it about Trump and collusion, let me help you out, collusion is next to impossible to prove, especially with a individual as the President who considers lying an acceptable means to an end

Mueller wasn't appointed to prove collusion between Trump and Russia, rather investigate Russian involvement in our election, which has been proven fruitful considering that three high level campaign individuals have been indited by a Grand Jury for their contacts with Russia, and another two have admitted guilt over illegal activities with Russia

And it is only the end of the beginning

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    WHy is the clock ticking? It Starr almost 7 years of investigating before he got Clinton.
    Yeah, I think I'll confine my political debates to rational thinking people at this point. Thanks anyways.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, I think I'll confine my political debates to rational thinking people at this point. Thanks anyways.
    Is that because you can't answer his question? Shocking

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Got to love the "no collusion has been found and it's obvious none will" the assumption that denominates the post, how in the hell do you know what Mueller knows?

Amazing how conservatives all want to make it about Trump and collusion, let me help you out, collusion is next to impossible to prove, especially with a individual as the President who considers lying an acceptable means to an end

Mueller wasn't appointed to prove collusion between Trump and Russia, rather investigate Russian involvement in our election, which has been proven fruitful considering that three high level campaign individuals have been indited by a Grand Jury for their contacts with Russia, and another two have admitted guilt over illegal activities with Russia

And it is only the end of the beginning
    Tell us is Trump the first president to lie to the people? You lefties all charge him with constant lying so all presidents must have been truthful except him. Is that what you would have us believe?
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 01-09-2018 at 05:11 PM.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Tell us is Trump the first president to lie to the people? You lefties all charge him with constant lying so all presidents must have been truthful except him. Is that what you would have us believe?
    Not at all, but I can't recall any President who did on a daily basis, began on day one with his Inauguration crown, nor any President who employed fabrication regularly as a means to an end

This President is setting Olympian size records when if comes to lying

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

my $.02.
    That is a very good point.