Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Money Truly Doesn't Buy Happiness - World's Richest Man Bezos Is Getting A Divorce...

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,558 Times in 17,087 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Money is no guarantee of happiness, but it is very difficult to be happy when you are worried about food, keeping your house or apartment, or keeping the utilities on. It is important to have some financial stability to be happy.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-10-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Trump has been an outsider all his life.. and subject to ridicule because of his behavior.. Americans need to realize that at this point he wants to destroy our institutions and hurt Americans because we have failed to adequately worship him and relieve his anger and insecurity. Please remember this.
    I wish I COULD forget. I agree 100%.

The fact that we put this mentally deranged person in the White House shows we don't understand wealth and happiness very well in this country. We are a young country. Hopefully we will learn. It would not hurt us at all to move away from so much wealth worship. I'm there. I am rich by some standards, not by others. It is a matter of perspective. But I know wealth does not buy happiness. When I look for happiness, I look for things that might make me happy. That COULD be something I buy, or it could also be an experience already available to me, possibly as part of a relationship I have with another human being(s), something which does not require money to participate in. Maybe just chatting here and expanding my understanding of what motivates people to hold their views. Or it could be accomplishing things, making goals and fulfilling them. I don't worship wealth. I could have far more wealth if I made that a priority but I don't see the point.

The secret of life is not getting rich. It is enjoying the passage of time.

We only have so much time to be alive, a finite number of days. Happiness is not a factor how how much wealth one can accumulate during that time. It is a factor of what you do with your allotted time. Wealth won't buy you any more time. If you spend all your good years seeking wealth, you may find that your body gives out before you can use that wealth to enhance your enjoyment of life. What a shame.

Trump said he was going to quit playing golf if he was elected. He was fooling himself. He didn't realize that even though he plays a hi-stress game of golf, talking all the time and cheating, he gets a relief out of the game. Personally, when I play golf, I like it because I get to leave the cares of the real world behind and focus on this one challenging activity. It's fun to have the goal of playing well and then see if you can do it. I never do for a whole round, but I do have some incredible shots and holes. I learned long ago not to beat myself up for not being perfect and to accept what I can do for the value of that. I could never enjoy the game with somebody like President Trump, because he can't relax. He's is always talking, talks over other players shots UNFORGIVABLE! and talks about politics and heavy stuff during the game. To me that is a game-spoiler, but he can't separate from his stressors and takes all that baggage with him around the links. But then he doesn't drink, either. Heck. I like a beer or two while playing.

I'm not surprised he can't quit golf. He was fooling himself when he said he would. I'm sure he really believed it when he said it. He just doesn't think things through. That's the problem with a short attention-span. ps. I can enjoy a game on a cheap public course as much as a game at an exclusive manicured course. I view both as an equal challenge and equally enjoyable. I'm sure Trump is the type who could not stoop to playing a public course, doesn't think it's any fun unless it's a high-dollar course. Fool. It can be a LOT of fun. Are you kidding me? He's spoiled!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Bet Mrs. Bezo is pretty damn happy. She will be the world's richest woman and didn't even have to build a company to do it.
    That's a guess.

And she actually did work very hard to create Amazon. She was in on it from the beginning. She worked for Amazon.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-11-2019)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2019)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Happiness doesn't pay the bills either

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Kacper,

That's a guess.

And she actually did work very hard to create Amazon. She was in on it from the beginning. She worked for Amazon.
    Yeah, I would assume she played no small role

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Money is no guarantee of happiness, but it is very difficult to be happy when you are worried about food, keeping your house or apartment, or keeping the utilities on. It is important to have some financial stability to be happy.
    True. Money can certainly buy happiness when you have no money and are lacking even the basics. But once those basics of a comfortable life are paid for, more money does not make you much happier. And after you have a few toys, the more you accumulate the less those new acquisitions contribute to happiness.

Stephen Paddock had lots of money.

Then he offed himself after taking out a whole concert full of innocent people.

That's not happy. That is a totally tormented messed up mind!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (01-11-2019)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Happiness doesn't pay the bills either
    That's for sure. But it makes doing it a whole lot easier!

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Yeah, I would assume she played no small role
    She helped him set up the company.

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (01-11-2019)

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello kudzu,

I wish I COULD forget. I agree 100%.

The fact that we put this mentally deranged person in the White House shows we don't understand wealth and happiness very well in this country. We are a young country. Hopefully we will learn. It would not hurt us at all to move away from so much wealth worship. I'm there. I am rich by some standards, not by others. It is a matter of perspective. But I know wealth does not buy happiness. When I look for happiness, I look for things that might make me happy. That COULD be something I buy, or it could also be an experience already available to me, possibly as part of a relationship I have with another human being(s), something which does not require money to participate in. Maybe just chatting here and expanding my understanding of what motivates people to hold their views. Or it could be accomplishing things, making goals and fulfilling them. I don't worship wealth. I could have far more wealth if I made that a priority but I don't see the point.

The secret of life is not getting rich. It is enjoying the passage of time.

We only have so much time to be alive, a finite number of days. Happiness is not a factor how how much wealth one can accumulate during that time. It is a factor of what you do with your allotted time. Wealth won't buy you any more time. If you spend all your good years seeking wealth, you may find that your body gives out before you can use that wealth to enhance your enjoyment of life. What a shame.

Trump said he was going to quit playing golf if he was elected. He was fooling himself. He didn't realize that even though he plays a hi-stress game of golf, talking all the time and cheating, he gets a relief out of the game.

Personally, when I play golf, I like it because I get to leave the cares of the real world behind and focus on this one challenging activity. It's fun to have the goal of playing well and then see if you can do it. I never do for a whole round, but I do have some incredible shots and holes. I learned long ago not to beat myself up for not being perfect and to accept what I can do for the value of that.

I could never enjoy the game with somebody like President Trump, because he can't relax. He's is always talking, talks over other players shots UNFORGIVABLE! and talks about politics and heavy stuff during the game.

To me that is a game-spoiler, but he can't separate from his stressors and takes all that baggage with him around the links. But then he doesn't drink, either. Heck. I like a beer or two while playing.

I'm not surprised he can't quit golf. He was fooling himself when he said he would. I'm sure he really believed it when he said it. He just doesn't think things through. That's the problem with a short attention-span. ps. I can enjoy a game on a cheap public course as much as a game at an exclusive manicured course.

I view both as an equal challenge and equally enjoyable. I'm sure Trump is the type who could not stoop to playing a public course, doesn't think it's any fun unless it's a high-dollar course. Fool. It can be a LOT of fun. Are you kidding me? He's spoiled!
    Great post.. I think Trump is miserable and that's what makes him capable of lying and hurting so many people with his government shut down.

Yesterday he said that he had been a landlord and when tenants got in financial trouble landlords work with them.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

16. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2019)

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Great post.. I think Trump is miserable and that's what makes him capable of lying and hurting so many people with his government shut down.

Yesterday he said that he had been a landlord and when tenants got in financial trouble landlords work with them.
    ...and? Landlords should work with their otherwise dependable tenants....
    (...this is the Dems problem now....this could be over with one 30 minute meeting.... BUT they choose hate for one person over the well being of so many of their constituents...let them reach out and help *until they're done pouting....)‘

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

After that first billion how many more billions does one need to feel satisfied? If no amount of money is enough you probably have other areas in your life that are lacking something meaningful as well.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2019)

21. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    ...and? Landlords should work with their otherwise dependable tenants....
    (...this is the Dems problem now....this could be over with one 30 minute meeting.... BUT they choose hate for one person over the well being of so many of their constituents...let them reach out and help *until they're done pouting....)‘
    So Trump taking ownership of the shut down means nothing to you? It's the Dems no matter what?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-11-2019), PoliTalker (01-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2019)

23. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    So Trump taking ownership of the shut down means nothing to you? It's the Dems no matter what?
    ‘This could have been over long ago...so yes...

24. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    ‘This could have been over long ago...so yes...
    No because Mitch the Turtle won't even let it come to a vote now because he can't trust what Trump will do with that vote outcome.

25. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    No because Mitch the Turtle won't even let it come to a vote now because he can't trust what Trump will do with that vote outcome.
    Who? lol This Should have been over long ago....This wall is part of the absolute need for improved border security....sad that Nancy and chuck don't care that so many are in a difficult situation...over such a small amount of $$....
    This is on them... (Ronil Singh's brother said it very powerfully..."Whatever it takes to minimize, put a stop to it, my family supports it..." Perhaps you would feel differently if you lost a child, a husband, or a brother, a grandmother...at the hand of someone who shouldn't be in this country....)
    Last edited by TOP; 01-11-2019 at 04:33 AM.