Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The GOP in 2022

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default The GOP in 2022

"Herschel Walker, the football legend and leading Republican Senate candidate in Georgia, often boasts of his work helping service members and veterans struggling with mental health. In interviews and campaign appearances, the former Dallas Cowboy and Heisman Trophy winner takes credit for founding, co-founding and sometimes operating a program called Patriot Support. The program, he says, has taken him to military bases all over the world."

"But corporate documents, court records and Senate disclosures reviewed by The Associated Press tell a more complicated story. Together they present a portrait of a celebrity spokesman who overstated his role in a for-profit program that is alleged to have preyed upon veterans and service members while defrauding the government."

"The revelation marks the latest example of a far more complex reality that lies beneath the carefully curated autobiography Walker has pitched to voters."

"Even before entering the race, Walker drew attention for his past mental health struggles, as well as allegations that he threatened his ex-wife’s life. He’s dramatically inflated his record as a businessman, as the AP previously reported. And his claim that he graduated at the top of his class from the University of Georgia, where he led the Bulldogs to a 1980 championship, was also untrue. He didn’t graduate, as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported."

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...74cce1816efb65

The not graduating cracks anyone up, one thing to boast about graduating, but elevating it to the top of the class is beautiful

Seems like it is becoming a prerequisite to run as a Republican, you have to start a charity that frauds contributors, inflate, or even fabricate, your personal accomplishments, and lie your ass off, especially, lie your ass off

Trump not only set a low bar but also established seemingly expected norms

2. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (05-24-2022), Frank Apisa (05-24-2022), Phantasmal (05-24-2022), PoliTalker (05-24-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-24-2022)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

"The GOP in 2022".....Will control the house and Senate. Next.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

The GQP/GOP of 2022 is like it was in 2016 that fuck that election up at whoring with foreign and domestic Repuke and tRump sewer enemies on the taxpayer dime.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 20 Times in 20 Posts

The current GOP line up is an absolute shit show of corruption, scandals and hate fueled division and some of ya'all want them to run the country?

Crazy.

7. The Following User Groans At Coolred44 For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coolred44 For This Post:

gemini104104 (05-24-2022), Phantasmal (05-24-2022), PoliTalker (05-24-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-24-2022)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coolred44 View Post
    The current GOP line up is an absolute shit show of corruption, scandals and hate fueled division and some of ya'all want them to run the country?

Crazy.
    Absolutely and completely un-American, treasonous, seditious and morally bankrupt as the un-American tRump corrupted GOP and all else attached to the atrocity.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The GOP in 2022, not fully criminalized yet, but it is coming if the Revolution get their way.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Herschel Walker, the football legend and leading Republican Senate candidate in Georgia, often boasts of his work helping service members and veterans struggling with mental health. In interviews and campaign appearances, the former Dallas Cowboy and Heisman Trophy winner takes credit for founding, co-founding and sometimes operating a program called Patriot Support. The program, he says, has taken him to military bases all over the world."

"But corporate documents, court records and Senate disclosures reviewed by The Associated Press tell a more complicated story. Together they present a portrait of a celebrity spokesman who overstated his role in a for-profit program that is alleged to have preyed upon veterans and service members while defrauding the government."

"The revelation marks the latest example of a far more complex reality that lies beneath the carefully curated autobiography Walker has pitched to voters."

"Even before entering the race, Walker drew attention for his past mental health struggles, as well as allegations that he threatened his ex-wife’s life. He’s dramatically inflated his record as a businessman, as the AP previously reported. And his claim that he graduated at the top of his class from the University of Georgia, where he led the Bulldogs to a 1980 championship, was also untrue. He didn’t graduate, as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported."

The not graduating cracks anyone up, one thing to boast about graduating, but elevating it to the top of the class is beautiful

Seems like it is becoming a prerequisite to run as a Republican, you have to start a charity that frauds contributors, inflate, or even fabricate, your personal accomplishments, and lie your ass off, especially, lie your ass off

These people really believe that their potential voters are just that stupid, that they won't look behind the curtain. But then, since it's the QOP, they could very well be right -- their voters really *are* that fucking stupid.

The problem I think that Mr. Walker is going to face is that he is not going to appeal to the racists among the white voters despite his claims. The black voters might like that he is black too, but they don't like the (R) behind his name. Maybe he will appeal to the low-info suburban voters.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Henry (05-24-2022)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 20 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    These people really believe that their potential voters are just that stupid, that they won't look behind the curtain. But then, since it's the QOP, they could very well be right -- their voters really *are* that fucking stupid.

The problem I think that Mr. Walker is going to face is that he is not going to appeal to the racists among the white voters despite his claims. The black voters might like that he is black too, but they don't like the (R) behind his name. Maybe he will appeal to the low-info suburban voters.
    How many sports fans does he have in that area cause that might be the majority of his voting base. Nostalgia vote.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coolred44 For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-24-2022)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    "The GOP in 2022".....Will control the house and Senate. Next.
    Very likely true, does might mean right?
    Do the ends always justify the means?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

so you are saying things have been alleged about a Republican running for office?......gosh, that's new.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Very likely true, does might mean right?
    Do the ends always justify the means?
    apparently the demmycrats thought so in 2020......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,567 Times in 17,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

"alleged"...lol

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    apparently the demmycrats thought so in 2020......
    I never did.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coolred44 View Post
    How many sports fans does he have in that area cause that might be the majority of his voting base. Nostalgia vote.
    Good point!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I never did.
    yet you still deny the elections in WI and PA were unconstitutional.......