Members banned from this thread: domer76 and CharacterAssassin

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would Happen if the Feds Attempted Forcible Confiscation of Firearms? Speculate.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,034 Times in 14,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yet, in the end they won.
    LMAO. They won? They ended up in jail, and lucky they aren't dead.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    That's the wet dream of all control freaks. And that is what confiscation is all about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You have quotes from anyone who believes he/she could get away with the confiscation of every gun?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    LMAO. They won? They ended up in jail, and lucky they aren't dead.
    On January 8, 2018, U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed with prejudice the criminal charges against Cliven Bundy, his sons Ammon and Ryan, and co-defendant Ryan Payne regarding the standoff.

In the end they won. While some who participated were convicted of crimes and "time served" the reality is, the central figures in this mess, won. They even filed lawsuits... though that hasn't settled yet my guess is they are likely to win there too.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course, that only applies to law-abiding gun owners. The wacked out mass killers won't pay any attention to any of that, other than thanking you for giving them even more unarmed victims.

Why aren't you paying attention? Mass killers wouldn't pay attention to what? Anyone seen in public with one of these weapons, will have it taken away. The idea is to make it illegal to walk around in public with a banned weapon. When it isn't commonplace, mass killers will be easy to spot. They'll also be susceptible to traffic stops.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

On January 8, 2018, U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed with prejudice the criminal charges against Cliven Bundy, his sons Ammon and Ryan, and co-defendant Ryan Payne regarding the standoff.

In the end they won. While some who participated were convicted of crimes and "time served" the reality is, the central figures in this mess, won. They even filed lawsuits... though that hasn't settled yet my guess is they are likely to win there too.
    Ummmm...no. It's Wiki, so you are free to correct it.

By February 11, all of the militants had surrendered or withdrawn from the occupation, with several leaders having been arrested after leaving the site; one of them, Robert LaVoy Finicum, was shot and killed during an attempt to arrest him after he reached toward a handgun concealed in his pocket[29][30] after he tried to evade a roadblock;

Ryan Bundy was wounded. More than two dozen of the militants were charged with federal offenses including conspiracy to obstruct federal officers, firearms violations, theft, and depredation of federal property. By August 2017, a dozen had pleaded guilty, and six of those had been sentenced to 1–2 years probation, some including house arrest. Seven others, including Ammon and Ryan Bundy, were tried and acquitted of all federal charges. Five more had been found guilty and were sentenced months later.

Seven of the militants saw prison time for their roles in the occupation.

Jake Ryan and Duane Ehmer each received 366 days in prison, with Ryan additionally getting three years of supervised probation.

Darryl Thorn received 18 months of prison time on November 21, 2017.
    [31]

Jason Patrick received 21 months on February 15, 2018.

Ryan Payne was sentenced to 37 months in federal prison along with three years of supervision on February 27, 2018.

Jon Ritzheimer was sentenced to 366 days in federal prison and another 12 months in a residential re-entry program.

Corey Lequieu was sentenced to 30 months in prison and three years of supervision.
    Two others, Joe O’Shaughnessy and Brian Cavalier, were detained for at least a year, but released on time served plus three years of supervision each, plus fines.
    [32]

Perhaps we'll see quite a few instances of those you speak of being shot and killed as they attempt to take on the govt.

Eventually, we'll have fewer mass shootings. Natural selection, as it were.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Perhaps we'll see quite a few instances of those you speak of being shot and killed as they attempt to take on the govt.

As I stated, some got time served, but the central figures, won. Their charges were dismissed.

That you wish to continue presenting what I said while pretending it doesn't say that doesn't change the reality. After Cliven's charges were dismissed the Feds moved to dismiss the rest of the charges as well, however one guy who had already been convicted did get 14 years, the rest that were already convicted but not yet sentenced all got time served or parole.

Ryan Bundy, who was with his father, is suing. Though that lawsuit is not yet complete.

What we "will have" is only people who know they have no possibility of winning saying dumb things like they'll send cops to take away guns... (Kamala) or that they'll magically get rid of guns in some magical way by "buying back"...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,413 Times in 53,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Disclaimer: I have not read all the responses to the OP. I have the OP author on ignore.

My guess is that the vast majority of our faux-patriots/wannabe-Rambos will meekly turn them over rather than face either being shot, or arrested, then loss of job/income while incarcerated, which of course would be followed by poverty and loss of family.

Of course this will never happen, but a fun speculation anyways.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As I stated, some got time served, but the central figures, won. Their charges were dismissed.

That you wish to continue presenting what I said while pretending it doesn't say that doesn't change the reality. After Cliven's charges were dismissed the Feds moved to dismiss the rest of the charges as well, however one guy who had already been convicted did get 14 years, the rest that were already convicted but not yet sentenced all got time served or parole.

Ryan Bundy, who was with his father, is suing. Though that lawsuit is not yet complete.

What we "will have" is only people who know they have no possibility of winning saying dumb things like they'll send cops to take away guns... (Kamala) or that they'll magically get rid of guns in some magical way by "buying back"...
    So Wiki was THAT wrong?

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So Wiki was THAT wrong?
    No, Wiki also told you that charges were dismissed for Cliven Bundy and his kids, etc. Pretty much everything I said... You just ignored it, like all good liberals and facts that don't work with what they want to believe.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Minister of Truth (09-14-2019), USFREEDOM911 (09-21-2019)

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have quotes from anyone who believes he/she could get away with the confiscation of every gun?
    Multiple quotes from those who wish they could get away with it.

RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why aren't you paying attention? Mass killers wouldn't pay attention to what? Anyone seen in public with one of these weapons, will have it taken away. The idea is to make it illegal to walk around in public with a banned weapon. When it isn't commonplace, mass killers will be easy to spot. They'll also be susceptible to traffic stops.
    So they would do what they do now, hide it until they're ready to start shooting.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Which of those mentioned committed mass shootings?

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, Wiki also told you that charges were dismissed for Cliven Bundy and his kids, etc. Pretty much everything I said... You just ignored it, like all good liberals and facts that don't work with what they want to believe.
    LMAO. Ignored? One dead, one Bundy wounded, and a shitload of zealots in jail. Yea...exactly what you said.

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Which of those mentioned committed mass shootings?

Maybe when you sober up, you won't have so much trouble following along?

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So they would do what they do now, hide it until they're ready to start shooting.

Probably. But over time, there will be millions less guns on the street.