Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most difficult but inspirational moment in your life...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Default What was the most difficult but inspirational moment in your life...

What was the most difficult but inspirational moment in your life that Christ has helped you through?

For me it came when I was 10 years old and I was standing in the corner of a horse stall watching my dad fix a water bowl which would only take a minute or two. There was a horse in the stall with us that was eating and was calm but when my dad was drilling into wall the screw hit something in the wall and made a loud noise which spooked the horse. That particular horse was pretty young at the time and wasn't as calm as some of the others and it ended up kicking me in the chest as I stood against the wall which fractured my sternum among other things. I had to have surgery to remove bone fragments and was in the hospital for a couple of days. It was difficult in that once I healed I was afraid to go near the animals that I loved so much, but it was the most inspirational moment because I prayed for help and not that long after that I felt a calm come over me and wasn't nervous anymore. Since then I have gone on to compete in local junior rodeos and continue working with horses at home and as a part time job near my university. I have no doubts in my mind that He calmed my heart and mind, and I am forever thankful for it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norah For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-23-2015), evince (12-23-2015)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    What was the most difficult but inspirational moment in your life that Christ has helped you through?

For me it came when I was 10 years old and I was standing in the corner of a horse stall watching my dad fix a water bowl which would only take a minute or two. There was a horse in the stall with us that was eating and was calm but when my dad was drilling into wall the screw hit something in the wall and made a loud noise which spooked the horse. That particular horse was pretty young at the time and wasn't as calm as some of the others and it ended up kicking me in the chest as I stood against the wall which fractured my sternum among other things. I had to have surgery to remove bone fragments and was in the hospital for a couple of days. It was difficult in that once I healed I was afraid to go near the animals that I loved so much, but it was the most inspirational moment because I prayed for help and not that long after that I felt a calm come over me and wasn't nervous anymore. Since then I have gone on to compete in local junior rodeos and continue working with horses at home and as a part time job near my university. I have no doubts in my mind that He calmed my heart and mind, and I am forever thankful for it.
    Well there was the time I prayed for him to get me the hell out of Arkansas and he came through for me.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shocking as it may seem now I was not a nice teenager. Pretty normal really but when your mom is being eaten alive by cancer being a typical teen is bad for trying to deal with it.
    I carried the guilt for how I treated her for a long long time.
    I was on a church retreat and we were studying the Stations of the Cross (think "the Passion of the Christ" if you're not familiar with it). For some reason it all came down on me just how much I did not deserve forgiveness and how terrible of me to Christ take all that from me. It was then the enormity of Christ's sacrifice and a lOT of the scriptures started falling into place.
    That was pretty big.
    I think I would rather have been kicked by a hrose it hurt that bad but in the end it was really good. : ) just mEssington with you with the horse wise crack.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-23-2015), Norah (12-23-2015)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

I remember once I was out of weed and super bored. I prayed, "God let something interesting happen to break this unbearable monotony" but there was nothing so I decided to go for a walk. At first there was not much of interest, except some horses and their keepers. That was not going to do it, I thought. Just then there was a loud noise coming from this stall. I turned towards it and saw a horse kick this kid right in the chest. It was a little scary but still interesting. Then I went home and found a bud that had rolled behind my desk and was still pretty fresh. Thanks God!
    Last edited by Timshel; 12-23-2015 at 05:17 AM.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timshel For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (12-25-2015), DigitalDave (01-10-2016), Topspin (12-23-2015)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Well there was the time I prayed for him to get me the hell out of Arkansas and he came through for me.
    I'm glad that worked out for you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-24-2015)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

beautiful story

I'm so glad you have a belief system and faith that brings you comfort and peace.

Do remember that people who are of other religions have similar events and likely very much the same emotional deep experiences even though they interpret the religious details differently.

maybe we all feel and experience Much the same types of inner feelings yet have differing ways of translating them to our fellow humans.

brain studies are pretty interesting in their findings about such experiences.

I think most of us have these same experiences and how we were raised has a lot to do with how we personally interpret them.

we should accept them all

we should shame none

we should realize NO ONE religion will ever be the last one standing

11. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

BRUTALITOPS (12-26-2015)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    God as bailbonder......classic.......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

the morning I woke up in my bed, not knowing how I had gotten home from the party the night before.......went outside and there were grass heads on the front bumper of my car.......and I decided I should spend the rest of my life as a designated driver.......

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hasa Diga Eebowai View Post
    I remember once I was out of weed and super bored. I prayed, "God let something interesting happen to break this unbearable monotony" but there was nothing so I decided to go for a walk. At first there was not much of interest, except some horses and their keepers. That was not going to do it, I thought. Just then there was a loud noise coming from this stall. I turned towards it and saw a horse kick this kid right in the chest. It was a little scary but still interesting. Then I went home and found a bud that had rolled behind my desk and was still pretty fresh. Thanks God!
    that was YOU?

I remember one day I was walking to the corner store and I happened to glance in this window as I walked by.

there was this real doiky guy sitting on his couch in a dirty apartment and I happen to look just as he said "God let something interesting happen to break this unbearable monotony"

I had my hand in my pocket and noticed "hey I got a tiny bit of bud in here" so I tossed it in his window just as he got up and walked acrossed the room.

I said to my self "OH WELL he will find it some day".

16. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    beautiful story

I'm so glad you have a belief system and faith that brings you comfort and peace.

Do remember that people who are of other religions have similar events and likely very much the same emotional deep experiences even though they interpret the religious details differently.

maybe we all feel and experience Much the same types of inner feelings yet have differing ways of translating them to our fellow humans.

brain studies are pretty interesting in their findings about such experiences.

I think most of us have these same experiences and how we were raised has a lot to do with how we personally interpret them.

we should accept them all

we should shame none

we should realize NO ONE religion will ever be the last one standing
    I respect what you are saying and I agree with parts of what you are saying but there are parts that I don't agree with such as the last sentence. To agree with that opinion means denying what I truly believe which is that Christ will return one day and that we will enter Gods new creation. Believing that though does not mean that I will do harm either physical, mentally or emotionally to those that do not believe what I believe.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

leaningright (12-23-2015)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the problem with you belief is that it sets in motion a dynamic that has all the worlds religions fighting to be the last one standing.

belief system that reguire you to believe the world is soon going to end with LOTS OF HORROR AND DEATH are very very very very bad for mankind.

It means those people wont help us FIX and avoid the bad things we see coming because certain religions will see it as good for their religions predictions.

Its a recepie for disaster for mankind

how can mankind prevail if you and other only plan FOR FAILURE?

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Norah, this is why you don't feed the trolls.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the problem with you belief is that it sets in motion a dynamic that has all the worlds religions fighting to be the last one standing.

belief system that reguire you to believe the world is soon going to end with LOTS OF HORROR AND DEATH are very very very very bad for mankind.

It means those people wont help us FIX and avoid the bad things we see coming because certain religions will see it as good for their religions predictions.

Its a recepie for disaster for mankind

how can mankind prevail if you and other only plan FOR FAILURE?
    From my perspective it's part of my responsibility to spread the good news of Christ and hopefully change minds towards Him between now and when He returns. I don't want to die yet but I'm not afraid of death because I know what awaits. If I'm still alive when Christ returns then I pray that my faith and strength will get me through any horrors that may be experienced but when it's all over the pain will only be temporary and the joy will be for eternity.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

what about all the people who will die and burn in hell for ever because your god never talked to them or a different god did?

children dying horrible deaths because they were born where no one is of your particular faith?

see how unfair these beliefs are?

can you comprehend how evil these ideas are in actual practice?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (12-26-2015)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what about all the people who will die and burn in hell for ever because your god never talked to them or a different god did?

children dying horrible deaths because they were born where no one is of your particular faith?

see how unfair these beliefs are?

can you comprehend how evil these ideas are in actual practice?
    I believe that God is evident to even the most remotely located people but whether or not they open their hearts to Him is up to them. I can't speak for God as to what will happen to those people that may not have ever "heard" Him but what I can speak to is to me doing my best to spread the good news whenever possible but after that it's up to the person. There is evil on this Earth but it is not because of Him.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

Celticguy (12-23-2015)