Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abortion Has Never Been Just About Abortion

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Default Abortion Has Never Been Just About Abortion

The anti-abortion movement has been remarkably successful at convincing observers that the positions individuals take on the abortion issue always follow in a deductive way from their supposed moral principles. They don’t,”

Whites who score high on measures of racial resentment and racial grievance are far more likely to support strict limits on abortion than whites who score low on these measures. This is part of a larger picture in which racial attitudes are increasingly linked with opinions on a wide range of disparate issues including social welfare issues, gun control, immigration and even climate change.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/15/o...ervatives.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never understood why people cared about abortion. The article makes a good case that anti-abortion people don't care either. It is just a means to advance a conservative agenda.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I never understood why people cared about abortion. The article makes a good case that anti-abortion people don't care either. It is just a means to advance a conservative agenda.
    That is because you are pretty much devoid of normal Human emotions. Even without meeting you in person I can tell it just from your posts. Willing to bet Im not the only one who sees it either. Basically a souless empty vessel. I feel bad for you truthfully. Lots of people like that in the under 30's these days. No idea why,...just know that it is. No HUMAN in the Human being,...just the BEING. Its sad.

4. The Following User Groans At Stone For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (09-15-2021)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

ExpressLane (09-15-2021), gfm7175 (09-16-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

The anti-abortion movement has been remarkably successful at convincing observers that the positions individuals take on the abortion issue always follow in a deductive way from their supposed moral principles. They don’t,”

Whites who score high on measures of racial resentment and racial grievance are far more likely to support strict limits on abortion than whites who score low on these measures. This is part of a larger picture in which racial attitudes are increasingly linked with opinions on a wide range of disparate issues including social welfare issues, gun control, immigration and even climate change.

If whites that hate blacks are also anti abortion they are for saving blacks babies.

This much is true: In the United States, the abortion rate for black women is almost five times that for white women.
    https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2008/...bigger-picture
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Callinectes (09-16-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    That is because you are pretty much devoid of normal Human emotions. Even without meeting you in person I can tell it just from your posts. Willing to bet Im not the only one who sees it either. Basically a souless empty vessel. I feel bad for you truthfully. Lots of people like that in the under 30's these days. No idea why,...just know that it is. No HUMAN in the Human being,...just the BEING. Its sad.
    Agree
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Callinectes (09-16-2021), Stone (09-15-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As recently as 1984, abortion was not a deeply partisan issue.

“The difference in support for the pro-choice position was a mere six percentage points,” Alan Abramowitz, a political scientist at Emory University, told me by email. “40 percent of Democratic identifiers were pro-life, while 39 percent were pro-choice. Among Republican identifiers, 33 percent were pro-choice, 45 percent were pro-life and 22 percent were in the middle.”

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

It's like a Religious Guilt Trip thing. Pro-lifers always mention God and Murder when they talk about Abortion.

Yet, our Constitution has never said a Fetus is a life- or killing one constitutes murder- and abortion is not mentioned even once in the Bible!

SO THERE IS A LOT OF Presumptous ASSUMPTIONS BEING PLAYED OUT BY THE SELF-PROPHETS AND THE HOLIER-THAN THOUST PRO-LIFERS!

TRUST ME, IF MEN HAD TO GIVE BIRTH- we would have never heard the word abortion AS IT WOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED!

This is totally about men controlling women and castigating them!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 09-15-2021 at 06:18 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Micawber (09-16-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've never understood why lib'ruls get off on killing children......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (09-16-2021), ExpressLane (09-15-2021), gfm7175 (09-16-2021), Stone (09-15-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    It's like a Religious Guilt Trip thing. Pro-lifers always mention God and Murder when they talk about Abortion.

Yet, our Constitution has never said a Fetus is a life- or killing one constitutes murder- and abortion is not mentioned even once in the bible!

SO THERE IS A LOT OF Presumptous ASSUMPTIONS BEING PLAYED OUT BY THE SELF-PROPHETS AND THE HOLIER-THAN THOUST PRO-LIFERS!

TRUST ME, IF MEN HAD TO GIVE BIRTH- we would have never heard the word abortion AS IT WOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED!

Agree. These are the same people who want to go to war with Taliban because they are not feminists.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Yet, our Constitution has never said a Fetus is a life- or killing one constitutes murder- and abortion is not mentioned even once in the bible!

The framers of the Constitution never in their wildest dreams would have imagined that women would have killed off their own children by the millions.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Callinectes (09-16-2021), ExpressLane (09-15-2021)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The framers of the Constitution never in their wildest dreams would have imagined that women would have killed off their own children by the millions.
    Nor did our forefathers ever imagine that our well armed militias would murder 50,000 people a year with their Cap & Ball Muskets! [Geeko Sportivo]

Nostradamus they were not! Agree?

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nor did our forefathers ever imagine that our well armed militia's would murder 50,000 people a year with their Cap & Ball Muskets?

Just so you will know!
    Nice.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nor did our forefathers ever imagine that our well armed militias would murder 50,000 people a year with their Cap & Ball Muskets! [Geeko Sportivo]

Nostradamus they were not! Agree?
    you have a point......I'm sure they would be shocked to see any government act the way Chicago's government acts.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (09-16-2021)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

YES...IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT WHITE LEFTISTS PRACTICING EUGENICS TO CONTROL BLACKS ANSD HISPANICS....

WE KNOW.

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Callinectes (09-16-2021)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agree. These are the same people who want to go to war with Taliban because they are not feminists.
    These are the same Republitards that are against stem cell research.

Yet, the drug they are so high on now after their daddy took it to cure himself of Covid came from Stem Cell Research! In fact, Trumptards are so high on this drug, they think this is the answer to curing the pandemic instead of the vaccinations. Without stem cell research- IT WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED AND DONALD TRUMP MAY HAVE DIED!

Regeneron's Antibody Cocktail's potency was tested in a lab using HEK 293T cells, This is a cell line which was originally derived from the kidney tissue of a fetus aborted in the Netherlands in the 1970s. The cells were used in the testing of the antibody.

Republictards are so uninformed about the world, they don't even know the consequences of their own belief system!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 09-15-2021 at 06:48 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-15-2021)