Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do U.S. Right Wingers differ from those in Europe?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default How do U.S. Right Wingers differ from those in Europe?

How do U.S. Right Wingers differ from those in Europe?

Macron slapper ID’d as far right follower, Middle Ages enthusiast
    Two 28-year old men have been arrested following the incident.

The man who slapped French President Emmanuel Macron has been identified as a 28 year old named Damien T. whose interests include Japanese pop culture, the Middle Ages, and the far right

BY MARINA ADAMI
    June 9, 2021 2:12 pm

French President Macron says slap is stupid and undemocratic | The National News

Martial arts, the Middle Ages, Japanese pop culture and far-right influencers are among the interests of the 28-year-old who slapped French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday, according to French media reports.

The assailant, identified as Damien T., has since been taken into custody along with another 28-year-old man, Arthur C, at whose house a copy of Mein Kampf was found, Le Monde reported.

While delivering the slap, the man shouted “Montjoie! Saint Denis! A bas la Macronie!” (Montjoie! Saint Denis! Down with Macronland), a royalist phrase inspired by a 12th century Kingdom of France war cry. “Montjoie, Saint-Denis” is a reference to Charlemagne’s banner, which French kings of old took to battle. Damien T. appears to be a Middle Ages enthusiast, with social media accounts following both royalist pages and those relating to medieval and fantasy universes. The slapper also practices the modern Japanese martial art kendo, as well as historical European martial arts, which he teaches.

Damien T.’s Facebook and Instagram accounts show a fascination with far-right influencers, following a variety of accounts but rarely posting political content. Le Parisien describes the profile of the suspect as “ideological mush”, citing a “source close to the matter”.

Neither Damien T. nor the second man were known to the police. A search of their homes following the arrests has found weapons and a copy of Mein Kampf at the second man’s house, according to multiple outlets. Le Parisien reports the weapons were legally owned.

The slap took place in the small southeastern town of Tain l’Hermitage, as part of the second stage of Macron’s whistle-stop tour of the country.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/fren...es-enthusiast/

French President Emmanuel Macron was, apparently, physically assaulted, on Tuesday past, with a slap across the face.

This was waaay down my list of important news stories this week, although I admit that allowing anyone with hostile intent to get that close to Pres. Trump, for example, would have been a very serious breach of security requiring stern measures to be taken toward his protection people and to the assailant. We remember how close Pres. Reagan's attempted assassin got.

But, that's not my interest here.

It seems the assailant was a "far right follower."

And it seems to me that most Americans on the far right would not do something like this, and that there seems to be some differences between European right wingers and U.S. Right Wingers.

What are they, in your opinion?

I have long had the sensation when reading some of the trash posted by European posters on JPP, that when they bash us on these pages, that they were talking about people I'm not aware of.

And this news article about Macron's assailant being a fan of Herr Hitler's resembles the type of person the JPP Leftists most likely have in mind when they erroneously talk about American Right Wingers as being racist, Nazi assholes or etc.

BONUS

I will temporarily remove everyone from my ignore list to participate in this discussion because those on the list are the ones who most often kept trying to cast me and other great US posters as the kind of jerks they are used to in Europe or elsewhere.

But, anyone given a reprieve will be quickly returned to the ignore list if they piss me off.
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

Trump is mankind's last hope to preserve Liberty.

MAGA

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,488 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Go anywhere in Europe with your MAGA hat.

Haw, haw..........................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Post:

Drummie123 (06-10-2021), evince (06-10-2021), ThatOwlWoman (06-10-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,097 Times in 12,624 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Open Borders is the #1 driver of the Rebellion against the Elites in both America and Europe.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Drummie123 (06-10-2021), Matt Dillon (06-11-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Go anywhere in Europe with your MAGA hat.

Haw, haw..........................................haw.

Don't make us have to come over there again.

You know what we are like when we get pissed off.
    The Left will cause Government of the people, by the people, for the people, to perish from the Earth.

MAGA

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

jakemax (06-12-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Open Borders is the #1 driver of the Rebellion against the Elites in both America and Europe.
    Thanks for helping me see this more clearly.

Sometimes I may 'know' something without really seeing it clearly.

This is that.

MAGA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (06-10-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    Thanks for helping me see this more clearly.

Sometimes I may 'know' something without really seeing it clearly.

This is that.

Sure but I did not come up with this...this was studied by people who wanted to know what is going on....they had the bat shit crazy idea of going out and asking the people what they were thinking as they railed against the elites. The really big story is how rarely this story gets told, how few of the so called experts will tell you the truth about what is going on. Now we cant be sure whether they are lying again or of they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground again....but does it really matter?

We the people have been betrayed by our leaders.

The End.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Drummie123 (06-10-2021), Matt Dillon (06-11-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure but I did not come up with this...this was studied by people who wanted to know what is going on....they had the bat shit crazy idea of going out and asking the people what they were thinking as they railed against the elites. The really big story is how rarely this story gets told, how few of the so called experts will tell you the truth about what is going on. Now we cant be sure whether they are lying again or of they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground again....but does it really matter?

We the people have been betrayed by our leaders.

The End.
    Well, let's see if/how the 1/6/21 protest changes things in the US.

MAGA

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, let's see if/how the 1/6/21 protest changes things in the US.
    Lets see what the persecution of those who were in DC on Jan 6 does.

I am not optimistic, we now lack enough people who possess the required bravery to save America.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They will be coming for you eventually, nobody is pure enough for UTOPIA.

Keep this in mind as you cheer the hauling away of the human waste today.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do U.S. Right Wingers differ from those in Europe?

The man who slapped French President Emmanuel Macron has been identified as a 28 year old named Damien T. whose interests include Japanese pop culture, the Middle Ages, and the far right

BY MARINA ADAMI
    June 9, 2021 2:12 pm

And it seems to me that most Americans on the far right would not do something like this, and that there seems to be some differences between European right wingers and U.S. Right Wingers.

What are they, in your opinion?

I have long had the sensation when reading some of the trash posted by European posters on JPP, that when they bash us on these pages, that they were talking about people I'm not aware of.

And this news article about Macron's assailant being a fan of Herr Hitler's resembles the type of person the JPP Leftists most likely have in mind when they erroneously talk about American Right Wingers as being racist, Nazi assholes or etc.
    WOW ... so much to respond to here ...

First ... I cannot get to the link so I can only use what you say here

Second ... the pair are identified by first names and only initials for last name ... I guess there's a different set of rules in frogland

Third ... I too have an interest in the middle ages (along with the rest of the historical 'ages') so I guess that means that ANYONE who is interested in ANYTHING other than current stuff (Japanese pop culture excluded) is "far right"

Fourth ... I do not have a copy of mein kampf ... but if I ever find one at a garage sale for $0.05 I'd buy it just for shits and giggles to go with khomeni's little green book the koran and the sayings of chairman mao

Fifth ... he ONLY got slapped ... NO BULLET ... wow

Sixth ... "reading some of the trash posted by European posters on JPP" ... yeah, I see that too ... but the difference is that I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ENOUGH TO FIND A BOARD IN THEIR COUNTRY to post in. I do pay attention to world events and I am too busy worrying about stuff here to even bother with their problems. The singular reason that I even know about this is because YOU brought it up. And I do understand the point that you are trying to make ... there is indeed a difference between the two "right wings". In this country, if you are not a dim, not only are you 'right wing' but you are FAR RIGHT WING which by the dim definition makes you into the hated far right terrorist.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lets see what the persecution of those who were in DC on Jan 6 does.

I am not optimistic, we now lack enough people who possess the required bravery to save America.
    You are making me think, so I must be careful not to over heat my brain.

LOL

This was a provocative comment of yours.

At first glance, I felt you were right.

But I always try to question my own positions, especially when someone espouses what I believe. (I like to have a de-bugged opinion that I can stand on and not have to change when the Left challenges them.)

So, I questioned why I felt as you do, that "we now lack enough people who possess the required bravery to save America."

And I asked myself, 'what could change this?'

That's when the temperature began to rise.

Bravery is a thing we often view only as 'snapshots.'

Someone performing a noble act in spite of the odds against their success and though the potential cost of that action might be as high as it gets.

But we may not realize that the calculations that will prompt someone to do a courageous thing can and usually does change over time.

Like in the act of seduction, in a moment, the object of one's affections might go from indifferent to curious and in that moment, the suitor might risk a kiss when a moment before, he wouldn't.

So, what, I asked myself, could change our belief as well as the reality (to whatever extent it may be true) that "we now lack enough people who possess the required bravery to save America"?

Lots of things.

Too many to list.

But here is just one thing that might change the equation.

If we see obstacles weaken or fall.

Just as Trump inspired our optimism from 2015 - 2021, so might he do it again.

MAGA

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are making me think, so I must be careful not to over heat my brain.

LOL

This was a provocative comment of yours.

At first glance, I felt you were right.

But I always try to question my own positions, especially when someone espouses what I believe. (I like to have a de-bugged opinion that I can stand on and not have to change when the Left challenges them.)

So, I questioned why I felt as you do, that "we now lack enough people who possess the required bravery to save America."

And I asked myself, 'what could change this?'

That's when the temperature began to rise.

Bravery is a thing we often view only as 'snapshots.'

Someone performing a noble act in spite of the odds against their success and though the potential cost of that action might be as high as it gets.

But we may not realize that the calculations that will prompt someone to do a courageous thing can and usually does change over time.

Like in the act of seduction, in a moment, the object of one's affections might go from indifferent to curious and in that moment, the suitor might risk a kiss when a moment before, he wouldn't.

So, what, I asked myself, could change our belief as well as the reality (to whatever extent it may be true) that "we now lack enough people who possess the required bravery to save America"?

Lots of things.

Too many to list.

But here is just one thing that might change the equation.

If we see obstacles weaken or fall.

Just as Trump inspired our optimism from 2015 - 2021, so might he do it again.
    You might enjoy this:

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Drummie123 (06-10-2021)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    WOW ... so much to respond to here ...

First ... I cannot get to the link so I can only use what you say here

Second ... the pair are identified by first names and only initials for last name ... I guess there's a different set of rules in frogland

Third ... I too have an interest in the middle ages (along with the rest of the historical 'ages') so I guess that means that ANYONE who is interested in ANYTHING other than current stuff (Japanese pop culture excluded) is "far right"

Fourth ... I do not have a copy of mein kampf ... but if I ever find one at a garage sale for $0.05 I'd buy it just for shits and giggles to go with khomeni's little green book the koran and the sayings of chairman mao

Fifth ... he ONLY got slapped ... NO BULLET ... wow

Sixth ... "reading some of the trash posted by European posters on JPP" ... yeah, I see that too ... but the difference is that I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ENOUGH TO FIND A BOARD IN THEIR COUNTRY to post in. I do pay attention to world events and I am too busy worrying about stuff here to even bother with their problems. The singular reason that I even know about this is because YOU brought it up. And I do understand the point that you are trying to make ... there is indeed a difference between the two "right wings". In this country, if you are not a dim, not only are you 'right wing' but you are FAR RIGHT WING which by the dim definition makes you into the hated far right terrorist.
    I enjoyed reading your post for a few reasons.

First ... I never knew this much about you, and it was interesting to discover these tid bits.

Second ... You give me cause to re-check some of my own thoughts and feelings.

Third ... You seem like someone not to screw with, and having someone like you on our side is a comforting feeling.

LOL

MAGA

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

Grumpy (06-10-2021)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,488 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't make us have to come over there again.

You know what we are like when we get pissed off.
    I suppose that you believe America won WW2 in Europe ?

Haw, haw, haw, haw.........................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (06-10-2021)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You might enjoy this:

06:14
    are we looking at a group of of
    06:17
    politicians that
    06:20
    really know what they're doing and are
    06:23
    intentionally trying to destroy
    06:25
    the country

VDH: "I don't know the answer to that."

I'm called away, but I intend to return to comment on this great interview.

Thanks for recommending it.

MAGA

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (06-10-2021)