Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and Son of the Revolution

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 51st state - Washington DC

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    With less than 700K compared to NYC's population equal to the state of Virginia. Sorry I'm unable to explain the dynamics and differences here.

UNITY

Thanks for both playing Race Card and calling me a racist. You must have missed my prediction that in 3-4 elections those Senators would all be Republicans.
    Hard not to call you a racist when you support statehood and Congressional enfranchisement for 500k majority white people, but not for 700k majority black citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Post:

LV426 (01-22-2021)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    Where the fuck are you getting this theory?

What cities have become MORE conservative as they have grown? DC is an urban center. Zero urban centers become more Republican the bigger they get. Quite the opposite.
    He is gliding by on his privilege to carry his arguments...but don't ask him to explain his bullshit, because that's being mean.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hard not to call you a racist when you support statehood and Congressional enfranchisement for 500k majority white people, but not for 700k majority black citizens.
    Exactly.

Dutch Uncle doesn't like it when Black people are in power because he feels his whiteness supersedes them, so everyone must defer to him and his poor judgment even though he didn't vote for Biden, didn't help to get Biden elected, and bOtHsIdeD Biden with Trump (and continues to do so).

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    He is gliding by on his privilege to carry his arguments...but don't ask him to explain his bullshit, because that's being mean.

He's such a smug fucking asshole. And he always retreats and changes the subject when he's proven wrong. "Derrrrrr...DC wOuLd bE tHe smaLleSt stAtE!"

Fuck, doesn't he have access to wikipedia? Why the fuck does he think he's entitled to credibility when he can't seem to grasp basic facts?

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Exactly.

Dutch Uncle doesn't like it when Black people are in power because he feels his whiteness supersedes them, so everyone must defer to him and his poor judgment even though he didn't vote for Biden, didn't help to get Biden elected, and bOtHsIdeD Biden with Trump (and continues to do so).
    He's not alone. ALL of the Trumpsexuals are direct descendants of the white mobs who demanded the 1877 compromise that ended Reconstruction, who lynched/shot/terrorized/raped blacks throughout the South between 1877 and 1965, who beat blacks who tried to vote in Selma, who bombed black neighborhoods in Tulsa and Roseville when they became too uppity, etc.

Hell, even the Georgia Runoffs were created when they realized that black people had an outside chance of taking the Senate there. So they basically demanded a re-do of the elections, and called it a "runoff" disingenuously.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Post:

LV426 (01-22-2021)

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He's such a smug fucking asshole. And he always retreats and changes the subject when he's proven wrong. "Derrrrrr...DC wOuLd bE tHe smaLleSt stAtE!"

Fuck, doesn't he have access to wikipedia? Why the fuck does he think he's entitled to credibility when he can't seem to grasp basic facts?
    Ratcheting the bar downward to land mass of DC sure as shit feels like a last-ditch desperation attempt to be a racist without consequence.

It's like when Conservatives pull up a map of the country that looks red, but only looks that way because no one lives in those shitty red counties.

Dutch Uncle is one of these who thinks only landowners should vote.

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

On California or DC?

The only reason the Democrats want to make DC a state is to add two more Democratic Senators to the Senate. Sure, it'll work out that way initially, but because of that power involved, that would incentivize those with money to start moving into DC until it's a concentrated state of Big Money Republicans with huge mansions and no ghettoes.

Democrats are famous for building roads to Hell with good intentions. Consider the social dynamics involved in what you suggest.
    If it eventually turned big money Republican doesn't that underscore all that is corrupt with that party?

If you're concerned about a Democratic dominance, keep in mind that the Democratic party is a pretty slipshod collective of various factions. It could very well be that if the Republican party is not strong enough to stand up the Democratic party for a while that the progressives might split off from the Democratic party. We could go to a three or four party system, depending on whether Trump manages to really form a 'Patriot Party' (even though there actually already is one.)
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He's not alone. ALL of the Trumpsexuals are direct descendants of the white mobs who demanded the 1877 compromise that ended Reconstruction, who lynched/shot/terrorized/raped blacks throughout the South between 1877 and 1965, who beat blacks who tried to vote in Selma, who bombed black neighborhoods in Tulsa and Roseville when they became too uppity, etc.

Hell, even the Georgia Runoffs were created when they realized that black people had an outside chance of taking the Senate there. So they basically demanded a re-do of the elections, and called it a "runoff" disingenuously.
    Yeah, and we worked our asses off to win those seats here in GA.

The thing that is most confusing for me is his insistence that by 2028, DC will be red.

I want to know how he came to that, but he won't say.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    f you're concerned about a Democratic dominance, keep in mind that the Democratic party is a pretty slipshod collective of various factions. It could very well be that if the Republican party is not strong enough to stand up the Democratic party for a while that the progressives might split off from the Democratic party. We could go to a three or four party system, depending on whether Trump manages to really form a 'Patriot Party' (even though there actually already is one.)
    He's not concerned with Democratic dominance because if he was, he'd be screaming at the top of his lungs to impeach Trump so that he can't form a political party that fractures the GOP.

But he isn't doing that...he reserves his ire for leftists and liberals, who actually won the elections.

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Why? Why make a city a state? Think of all the structures of government they'd have to tax and build? What is their industry? They'd quickly become the poorest state in the Union followed by becoming the richest state as Republicans and Corporate Lobbyists take over.

In 20 years, Washington DC would become the Whitest State in the Union. Whiter than North Dakota and a helluvva lot richer.
    Their industry is government tourism.

And I don't think the population is gonna move away just because they are black.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-22-2021)

14. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I see no reason not to just add them to Maryland or Virginia, simply shrink the District to the WH, etc. and make the city part of Virginia.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-22-2021)

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're not making an argument, you're just being contrary and you think that's an argument...but it's not. It's just laziness, and it's disappointing. I already have to lower my expectations of you.

What'll happen is that DC will be a state, the Democrats will gain two Senators and at least 1 Congressional representative, and the ~700,000 people who live in DC right now won't be disenfranchised.

Statehood would have benefitted DC on 1/6 because the DC governor could have called up their State Guard.

What I am still waiting on is your explanation of how DC will flip red by 2028
    ROFLMAO. Of course, that's the entire reason for doing it: Stacking the deck for Democrats. Like Trump, Democrats know "If they ain't cheatin', they ain't tryin'!"

Bullshit. Trump was behind that bullshit. Neither the Republicans or the Democrats want that to happen again.

Already posted the logic. You disagreed. Now let's see what happens as Democrats, once again, try to jam legislation down the throats of all Americans for their own benefit.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I see no reason not to just add them to Maryland or Virginia, simply shrink the District to the WH, etc. and make the city part of Virginia.
    LV426 just gave the reason: to stack the Senate with two more Democrats and add another Rep in the House...at least for now. LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

18. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Couple things because it seems like you're really uneducated on this...

1. This proposal was already rejected by MD and VA years ago.

2. To do this would require:

-2/3 of the House
    -2/3 of the Senate
    -The voters in MD, DC, and VA to approve it (could be 2/3 depending on their State Constitutions)
    -Each state's legislature would need to approve (could be 2/3 depending on the State Constitutions)
    -Each state's governor would need to approve
    -Biden would have to sign off on it.

Now why would they jump through all those hoops when they can just grant DC statehood with 51 votes in the Senate?

19. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ROFLMAO. Of course, that's the entire reason for doing it: Stacking the deck for Democrats.
    Think of it as a correction.

Like Drumpf, Democrats know "If they ain't cheatin', they ain't tryin'!"
    How is it cheating? It's Constitutional. It's literally in the Constitution. Have you ever read the Constitution? Be honest, I can tell when you're lying.

Bullshit. Drumpf was behind that bullshit. Neither the Republicans or the Democrats want that to happen again.
    You sure about that? How many Republicans voted to reject the election results AFTER the coup attempt? More than half of them in the House.

Already posted the logic.
    No you didn't. You tossed off some generic thing about "gentrification", but because you have no experience or knowledge about gentrification, you decided to unilaterally drop the point altogether.

Gentrifiers ain't Republican, and urban areas aren't tilting Republican.

Biden won DC by a margin larger than Clinton did in 2016.

So how did you come up with this thing where you are so sure that by 2028, DC will be red?