Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and Son of the Revolution

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 51st state - Washington DC

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck. FUCK BIDEN....NOT OUR PRESIDENT. You can give the D's a thousand senators and it STILL wont matter. You cannot govern the ungovernable. We concede nothing,....we give nothing. Build what you want but it will be without us . Good luck trying to walk on one leg....
    One leg? You're more like a vestigial tail.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, they can just get 51 votes in the Senate.
    if they can't?
    Your way has already been rejected by VA and MD, and why would any Democrat go along with it?
    if they can't get 51 votes.

Right, but we don't need your input to make DC a state. We can just do it with 51 votes in the Senate.
    if you're not interested in input why are you here? You know what this website is don't you?

To fold DC into Virginia would require DC to vote to approve that plan, would require the voters in VA to approve that plan, would require the VA State Legislature to vote that plan, and would require 2/3 of Congress and the Senate to approve that plan, PLUS you need the Governors to sign off on all of it...and Biden.
    why would you need an amendment for Virginia to accept non-governmental parts of DC?

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do you live in the shitty hovel you live in?
    I've been to DC, my city isn't much but it's Paradise compared to that dump.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like you forgot to switch to your Bull&Terrier ID. Was that intentional? Did you just get fed up with me calling you out like that? Sure seems like it.
    Do you think all the posters you disagree with are just a conspiracy against you?

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arks&sparka View Post
    if they can't?
    Well, put it to a vote and let's see!

if you're not interested in input why are you here? You know what this website is don't you?
    I'm here to smack your bullshit down.

why would you need an amendment for Virginia to accept non-governmental parts of DC?
    Read the Constitution, jackass.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've been to DC, my city isn't much but it's Paradise compared to that dump.
    Wait, I thought you said you lived in NYC? Did you forget which character you're playing here?

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you think all the posters you disagree with are just a conspiracy against you?
    It's no conspiracy, it's truth.

You have how many IDs here? Dozens? Hundreds? And you're so sloppy with it that you accidentally respond under a different ID than you intended.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's no conspiracy, it's truth.
    so it's a paranoid delusion.
    You have how many IDs here? Dozens? Hundreds? And you're so sloppy with it that you accidentally respond under a different ID than you intended.
    Why would I make more than one ID? I don't get the purpose of that?

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    No taxation without representation

'I am very grateful we have a new president' | DC mayor plans for statehood under Biden administration

Asked if she believes the new administration will quickly progress D.C. to become the 51st state, an effort Washington DC mayor Muriel Bowser has long championed, she seemed hopeful.

"We have Democratic control of the House of Representatives, the Senate and now the White House, and the leadership in all of those bodies have expressed support for D.C. Statehood," she said, adding that Joe Biden is a "longtime" supporter of the District becoming a state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wus...7-cf00c4095573
    It absolutely should happen. There's no excuse for people being disenfranchised this way. And it wouldn't be happening if the city wasn't majority black.

Opposition to DC statehood is the same as the trumpistas yelling at black election workers in Detroit, it's the same as trumpistas screaming about blacks in Atlanta voting for Warnock and Ossof, etc.

White people, especially trumpsexuals, lose their MINDS when black people are allowed to vote.

This is all about white supremacy. Full stop. DC needs to be a state to return balance to the senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Post:

Cypress (01-22-2021)

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    District of Columbia. If residents want representation, then give DC back to the states the land was taken from. No need to make it the smallest state with TWO Senators. It'd be making a city a state. Just give it back to Maryland.

It would not be the smallest state. Wyoming and Vermont are both smaller. It's absurd that they have two senators and DC has zero, and no vote in Congress.

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was referring to the gentrification that happened on Manhattan, in Brooklyn, and Queens. After all, you were talking about gentrification. Now you're jumping to a different subject (population size) because your past gentrification argument was 100% bullshit, wasn't it?

Thanks for making it so easy to do that by showing us all who you really are.
    You are making my argument for me: this isn't as black and white as you want to make it.

Go for it. See what happens. LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so it's a paranoid delusion.
    No, it's you not wanting to eat shit for what you said, so you just switch IDs so you don't have to.

Why would I make more than one ID?
    I'm glad you asked...several reasons:

1. Because you got tired of eating shit under your other IDs for all your past predictions
    2. Because you want to astroturf more support for your bullshit than actually exists
    3. Because you are insecure in your own identity and have to pose and posture as someone or something else
    4. Because you lack credibility and need to establish some in order for you to be taken seriously
    5. Because you're a compulsive liar

14. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are making my argument for me: this isn't as black and white as you want to make it.
    You're not making an argument, you're just being contrary and you think that's an argument...but it's not. It's just laziness, and it's disappointing. I already have to lower my expectations of you.

Go for it. See what happens.
    What'll happen is that DC will be a state, the Democrats will gain two Senators and at least 1 Congressional representative, and the ~700,000 people who live in DC right now won't be disenfranchised.

Statehood would have benefitted DC on 1/6 because the DC governor could have called up their State Guard.

What I am still waiting on is your explanation of how DC will flip red by 2028.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Jerome (01-22-2021)

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why? Why make a city a state? Think of all the structures of government they'd have to tax and build? What is their industry? They'd quickly become the poorest state in the Union followed by becoming the richest state as Republicans and Corporate Lobbyists take over.

In 20 years, Washington DC would become the Whitest State in the Union. Whiter than North Dakota and a helluvva lot richer.
    Where the fuck are you getting this theory?

What cities have become MORE conservative as they have grown? DC is an urban center. Zero urban centers become more Republican the bigger they get. Quite the opposite.

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are making my argument for me: this isn't as black and white as you want to make it. o for it. See what happens. LOL
    This is also rich, coming from someone who didn't vote for Biden, didn't try to get him elected, and did everything you could to BoThSiDeS it with Trump.

I didn't like Biden, but I still got behind him, UNIFYING with the Democratic Party to defeat Trump.

You didn't do SHIT when it came to that. In fact, you worked against it.

So it's rich hearing these hollow and impotent demands for accommodation from someone who didn't even put in the work.