Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aurora Games - 6 day female only sporting event - BIG FAILURE

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

Default Aurora Games - 6 day female only sporting event - BIG FAILURE

Women's sports are minor league. Like the men's senior golf tour or men's flyweight boxing. Special leagues for inferior players who can't compete against the top players. Why should anyone care?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/womens-s...hes-feminised/

aug 23 2019 Imagine a biennial event where you can watch tennis, gymnastics, figure skating, ice hockey, basketball and beach volleyball all in the same place - but only female athletes are invited. Cue the inaugural Aurora Games, a six-day “entertainment” competition in the New York state of Albany where Team Americas takes on Team World, captained by the three-time Olympic gold medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersee and gymnastics icon, Nadia Comaneci.

However, poor crowd attendances and eerily empty fan zones have marred this platform for women’s sport. The gymnastics - arguably the biggest draw of the six sports - has struggled to attract sell-out crowds, despite Simone Biles’ mind-boggling ‘triple-double’ still fresh in the nation’s consciousness, while concerns were raised that the equipment, including the floor carpet - believed to be installed over an ice rink - were wet. The result? A barrage of warped opinions on women’s sport and its credibility. One male Twitter user likened the event to a “mini-Olympics for females” (newsflash: women have been competing in the Olympic Games since 1900). Another said it was like “eating a bag of potato chips instead of a real dinner.”

The event’s poor turnout is synonymous with the constant battle women’s sport faces to get bums on seats. Even the World Cup wasn’t immune to this low-crowd pandemic, with only 13,188 fans attending England’s group game against Scotland not even filling half of the Stade de Nice capacity. If women’s sport is to thrive, it needs to be accessible.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Fake News Press always says female athletes are in a battle for EQUALITY!!! They ban half the human race and call that fighting for equality.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-26-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

I always get a kick out of the media claiming Serena Williams as the best tennis player of all time yet the Williams brothers, in their prime, played an unknown journeyman pro by the name of Jeff Turango while he was smoking cigs . They were a doubles team playing Turango as a single. I don't think they won a single game.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I always get a kick out of the media claiming Serena Williams as the best tennis player of all time yet the Williams brothers, in their prime, played an unknown journeyman pro by the name of Jeff Turango while he was smoking cigs . They were a doubles team playing Turango as a single. I don't think they won a single game.
    A few months ago some idiot on tv said serena should be rated up there with babe ruth and jim brown and michael jordan as one of the greatest athletes of all time!!!

SHE PLAYS IN A MINOR LEAGUE. Jim brown didn't do that. He played the best players in the world and beat them. There are HUNDREDS of male tennis players that could beat serena.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    6 day female only sporting event
    INCEL ^^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Cinnabar (08-26-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor TDAK.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    INCEL ^^
    You are the incel and a lying yella yankee too. I have to fight the babes off with a stick. HAHAHA. Again i have defeated you.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'd much rather watch well-toned woman huff, puff and grunt then some mutant guys. But that's just me.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I'd much rather watch well-toned woman huff, puff and grunt then some mutant guys. But that's just me.
    I can understand that but the problem is women play in minor leagues and people want to see the best players.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

pro golf is probably the major sport where women come closest to matching the men, but even there the gap is enormous. If the top 20 women played in the men's US open, none of them would even make the cut. And it would be like that every year.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    A few months ago some idiot on tv said serena should be rated up there with babe ruth and jim brown and michael jordan as one of the greatest athletes of all time!!!

SHE PLAYS IN A MINOR LEAGUE. Jim brown didn't do that. He played the best players in the world and beat them. There are HUNDREDS of male tennis players that could beat serena.
    Do you think Negro Leaguers deserve recognition by MLB, because people like you wouldn't let them play, or is your attitude toward them "too bad, so sad?"

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

to bo fair the most popular event (gymnastics) is literally the womenz dancing on stage.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Do you think Negro Leaguers deserve recognition by MLB, because people like you wouldn't let them play, or is your attitude toward them "too bad, so sad?"
    I mean you are talking about a time when certain people who may have been too good at a sport were discriminated against.

The situation now is different. Im betting any of these women, if they chose, could play in the NBA or mens leagues. They just dont because they would lose.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    I mean you are talking about a time when certain people who may have been too good at a sport were discriminated against.

The situation now is different. Im betting any of these women, if they chose, could play in the NBA or mens leagues. They just dont because they would lose.
    Yes, but, TDAK hates blacks as well as women.

20. #15 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Yeah, I watch women's college volleyball when the GF isn't around
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (08-27-2019)