Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Georgia House Votes To Strip Delta Of $35 Million Tax Credit

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I wonder if Delta's corporate headquarters might be welcome somewhere else.
    I've been to Georgia a few times.
    I don't see the attraction, if we're being honest.
    Been living here since 2013, and I'd say pretty much everything outside the 285 perimeter in GA is utter trash.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

blackascoal (04-01-2021), Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    And they can’t threaten to relocate because basically they can’t.
    really , just move ops to another state , hillbilly, like Boeing moved its HQ to Chicago
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Been living here since 2013, and I'd say pretty much everything outside the 285 perimeter in GA is utter trash.
    You should ask my son his opinion of Fort Benning.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    You should ask my son his opinion of Fort Benning.
    Well, that's why I said "pretty much everything".

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    The Georgia state House passed an amendment Wednesday that would strip Delta Air Lines of a multimillion-dollar tax break after the company blasted the state’s new election laws.

Republicans in the state House, angered by Bastian’s sudden flip on the election overhaul, hit back at the company by voting to strip it of a jet fuel tax break worth over $35 million a year, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/georg...on-law-support

I'll bet you the little bitchy whiney leftist cunts on this site will complain but they would have no problem boycotting every Georgia business. These pieces of shit only like fucking others but really hate getting fucked. Fuck them.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

None of this is going to help the GQP. All they're doing is begging for Democrats to wipe them out next year.

We will vote according to whatever stupid rules they throw at us...can they say the same for their constituents, who didn't even bother to show up for them in January?
    The bill DID NOT PASS IN THE GEORGIA SENATE, because they know that if Delta pulls its headquarters of our Georgia, the state will lose BILLIONS.

Delta keeps its tax breaks.

Let’s see if they try this on Coca Cola, and Arthur Blank (Home Depot, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta MLS Soccer team, Georgia Aquarium, Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
    Last edited by blackascoal; 04-01-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I'll bet you the little bitchy whiney leftist cunts on this site will complain but they would have no problem boycotting every Georgia business. These pieces of shit only like fucking others but really hate getting fucked. Fuck them.
    The bill did not pass. FUCK YOU.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is more money and esoutces in Atlanta then there is in the rest of the fucking state

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    There is more money and esoutces in Atlanta then there is in the rest of the fucking state
    That's why the GQP doesn't care if there are boycotts, because they have absolutely no economic stake in this state.

Boycotts only hurt the city of Atlanta, and the people who live and work here. Fulton and DeKalb counties, the two most populous in the state, are like 80% Democratic.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021)

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's why the GQP doesn't care if there are boycotts, because they have absolutely no economic stake in this state.

Boycotts only hurt the city of Atlanta, and the people who live and work here. Fulton and DeKalb counties, the two most populous in the state, are like 80% Democratic.
    Absolutely, but we cannot let this stand. Lots of white voters work in Atlanta and/or depend on Atlanta’s economy. Lots of them work for Delta and Coca Cola. Can’t wait for the Race for Governor.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021), LV426 (04-01-2021)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    You got that wrong.

We here in GA are telling everyone that boycotts won't do what they think it will.

Since the GQP has absolutely no economic stake in this state, boycotts only hurt the people in Atlanta who vote Blue.

The best way to punish the GQP here is to bring more liberals from California and New York into the state to make it permanently Blue like they did in Virginia, and to spend your money in Atlanta...because there's really nothing else in this state that is worth spending money.

Everything outside of Atlanta is subsidized by Atlanta.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021)

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Absolutely, but we cannot let this stand. Lots of white voters work in Atlanta and/or depend on Atlanta’s economy. Lots of them work for Delta and Coca Cola. Can’t wait for the Race for Governor.
    Oh definitely, it cannot stand...but the best way to fight it is to bring more liberals here and spend more money in Atlanta; fuck the rest of the state (except Athens...Athens is just OK).

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think Abrams is going to win easily, and I think she's going to drag a lot of Democrats across the finish line with her. Warnock is lucky because he's going to share a ballot with her.

The State Legislature might be out of reach, but all the state-level positions are certainly up for grabs.

Georgia is going to look like Virginia by 2024.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

blackascoal (04-01-2021), Guno צְבִי (04-01-2021)

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You got that wrong.

We here in GA are telling everyone that boycotts won't do what they think it will.

Since the GQP has absolutely no economic stake in this state, boycotts only hurt the people in Atlanta who vote Blue.

The best way to punish the GQP here is to bring more liberals from California and New York into the state to make it permanently Blue like they did in Virginia, and to spend your money in Atlanta...because there's really nothing else in this state that is worth spending money.

Everything outside of Atlanta is subsidized by Atlanta.
    We cannot depend on Californians to solve Georgia’s problems. The THREAT of boycott is powerful, which is why the Georgia Senate backed off.

Perhaps we can meet for brunch/dinner at one if the inevitable upcoming protests to talk about it.

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh definitely, it cannot stand...but the best way to fight it is to bring more liberals here and spend more money in Atlanta; fuck the rest of the state (except Athens...Athens is just OK).
    Drive the trailer dwelling slack jawed mutants further into the hinter lands
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם