Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Current situation at restaurants

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    Then raise the minimum wage so they can't make more sitting at home. Assholes on the right don't want to do that and then they complain they have to fund the welfare necessary for the poor to survive. Fucking morons, all of them.
    Or reduce welfare and unemployment benefits and make working part time where available and finding a job a mandatory part of getting those benefits.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Bulletbob (06-13-2021)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 72 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The anti-vaxxers on the right are causing this. If we were all vaccinated, we would return to normal. Restaurants would not have to worry about help or customers. However the vaccinated do not want to serve rightys who are walking in a cloud of viruses and take them home to their children and parents.
    You're a goddam lying cock sucker. This whole thing is rigged by leftist pieces of shit aimed at hurting this country and filthy bastards like you are helping.

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    That is temporary. You assholes were bitching about welfare before the pandemic and will again after it is history. Nearly half the population through the south (even those who do work) get some monetary assistance from YOU, the federal govt because their wages aren't enough to live on. Raising the minimum wage has everything to do with it. Every dime it goes up is a dime the federal govt (that's YOU) doesn't have to chip in to help.
    maybe you need some numbers to read that are real

1. An estimated 59 million Americans receive welfare during an average month. That number is equivalent to 19% of the population in the US and includes individuals who received assistance from one of the safety net programs. Of all welfare programs, SNAP is the biggest with an average of 40 million people using it each month.

Second servers etc are not going back to work these are tip based jobs .

third I know one guy getting 800 a week in benifits who wont go back to work and is also making money on the side

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Next-level slackers. My friend's son is like that. He don't wanna do nothin'!

Play LoL wtf ever that is. He's like 20-something and smokes weed now..lovely!

We'd smoke weed and build something, a tree fort, shed, doghouse, pump house, maybe cook something; This fucker just slacks.

They will be feeding this kid til they die.

Then I think back on how bad we had it, but we made it!

19 years old, we moved out and "roomed". Working at the labor pool, living off baloney n hot dogs. You got what you could afford.

We'd get some beer (too much?) and the rooms would be rockin' with us fucking girls every night. We were the party house!

Idk if that kid's ever been laid. Doing bathtub laundry. Gotta have clean clothes.

I'll string a clothesline in a heartbeat! We went 1 month without power, nothing but candles. Not too bad in the wintertime in FL.

It would be bad in the summer, be we got better jobs by then. He got a job framing with this douchebag, and I got a job screening with a midget Italian Romeo.
    He was alright on the job, but Good Lord he thought he was God's gift to women.

I almost kicked my friend's boss's ass so many times. He was a total dick. Then he'd hang out after work..

I was glad when he told me he got fired. He found something else. He always does. I always do, too.
    All businesses have to do is pay workers a living wage and decent benefits and that should take care of an overwhelming majority of issues. When I was in college I worked but I waited until I found a decent job with good pay, benefits and working conditions. I certainly wasn't about to work for a cheap, lousy employer who wanted to exploit my skills for what would be bread crumbs.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The anti-vaxxers on the right are causing this. If we were all vaccinated, we would return to normal. Restaurants would not have to worry about help or customers. However the vaccinated do not want to serve rightys who are walking in a cloud of viruses and take them home to their children and parents.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unadulterated horseshit
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Easy solution, pay them more

Fact that it is restaurants and bars that are crying the most about finding help one might realize that they are lousy jobs for shit wages and little or no benefits
    the other, more important fact, might be that it is a low skills job that most people with any sort of spatial awareness can do
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    In good times and bad, there is always a chorus of employers who claim they can’t find the employees they need. Sometimes that chorus is louder, sometimes softer, but it’s always there. One reason is that in a system as large and complex as the U.S. labor market there will always be pockets of bona fide labor shortages at any given time. But a more common reason is employers simply don’t want to raise wages high enough to attract workers. Employers post their too-low wages, can’t find workers to fill jobs at that pay level, and claim they’re facing a labor shortage. Given the ubiquity of this dynamic, I often suggest that whenever anyone says, “I can’t find the workers I need,” she should really add, “at the wages I want to pay.”

https://www.epi.org/blog/u-s-labor-s...ely-heres-why/
    more unadulterated horseshit

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I went to my grandsons birthday party today...17 adults from the Seattle Area....I asked around and the consensus is that restaurants are buckling under the labor shortage. Everybody has money in their pockets to blow and wants to go out but restaurants in the area cant meet demand...aggravation is setting in.

It was really great to do a family event like this....it has been a long time.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-13-2021)

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

New thing....time limits on tables even as kitchens run very slow.

Very annoying I am told.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    All businesses have to do is pay workers a living wage and decent benefits and that should take care of an overwhelming majority of issues. When I was in college I worked but I waited until I found a decent job with good pay, benefits and working conditions. I certainly wasn't about to work for a cheap, lousy employer who wanted to exploit my skills for what would be bread crumbs.
    How do you figure? To take a related example, if you double the salary of teachers will you get students that are twice as smart from that?

When I was in college I got a job as an industrial electrician. Back in the late 80's the prevailing union wage for that job was around $16 an hour. I was making $15. The company (Keramont) didn't care when I was there only that everything worked and got installed on time. That meant I could work around my college classes. With the added GI bill to pay for college I was not a starving student by any means.
    One of my high school friends worked there. He's a CEO of his own company today...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-mulligan-86b025b

I got hired because I could install and fix complex machinery, troubleshoot and repair machines that broke down, and could do it PDQ.

What you have today are burger flippers who think that they're worth $15 an hour or more for something anyone can be trained to do. They aren't. They don't deserve a "living wage." They deserve a wage commensurate with their skill that makes their employer's company profitable. If they don't like that, then they should get more skills and better job.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-13-2021)

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    How do you figure? To take a related example, if you double the salary of teachers will you get students that are twice as smart from that?

When I was in college I got a job as an industrial electrician. Back in the late 80's the prevailing union wage for that job was around $16 an hour. I was making $15. The company (Keramont) didn't care when I was there only that everything worked and got installed on time. That meant I could work around my college classes. With the added GI bill to pay for college I was not a starving student by any means.

I got hired because I could install and fix complex machinery, troubleshoot and repair machines that broke down, and could do it PDQ.

What you have today are burger flippers who think that they're worth $15 an hour or more for something anyone can be trained to do. They aren't. They don't deserve a "living wage." They deserve a wage commensurate with their skill that makes their employer's company profitable. If they don't like that, then they should get more skills and better job.
    Keeping in mind that a part of this is also training people to work...training people to get out of bed, get to work on time, stick to the task, dont rage at people and so on..

I have a big problem paying rather substantial money to those who cant do these sorts of things yet, and many employers will...we are partly taking away training opportunity....people will fail in a high min wage system who would have likely succeeded in a lower min wage system.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-13-2021)

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Keeping in mind that a part of this is also training people to work...training people to get out of bed, get to work on time, stick to the task, dont rage at people and so on..

I have a big problem paying rather substantial money to those who cant do these sorts of things yet, and many employers will...we are partly taking away training opportunity....people will fail in a high min wage system who would have likely succeeded in a lower min wage system.
    Tell me. How useful is somebody that can't read a tape measure? I can train helpers in work-arounds in that area but it's frustrating that a big chunk of the population is just plain stupid.

17. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tell me. How useful is somebody that can't read a tape measure? I can train helpers in work-arounds in that area but it's frustrating that a big chunk of the population is just plain stupid.
    We have so many 25 years olds who cant/wont/have not mastered basic life skills that me and a lot of my peers generally managed by the age of 9.....that is a huge problem.

The rotting out of the people, of the quality of the herd, of the collective...is something that I see constantly everywhere.....and it is catastrophic.

Very few people seem to understand this at all, they dont have any clue to how badly they suck as people.

They sure dont like being told either.

18. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

19. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (06-13-2021)

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

One of my high school friends worked there. He's a CEO of his own company today...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-mulligan-86b025b

If they don't deserve a "living wage" then don't expect them to apply for employment.

Today's youth and low income workers are much different from when we were in our youth; they won't work for crumbs and there is a stigma attached to being described as a "burger flipper" so you have to make it attractive in some way. Btw not all jobs are burger flippers; there are other jobs in the service industry which require certain skills aside from flipping burgers. There is an old saying: "you get what you pay for" you pay garbage wages, you get the same level of service and reliability from the work force.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full.