Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, saltydancin, OG Yurt, serenity, Yakuda, ParachuteAdams and lichlord

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Backlash against Trumpist fake christians

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Funny that trump would't be caught dead on a Sunday in one of those fundy churches
    Trump is America's first atheist president, and he privately holds holy rollers in utter contempt.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,026 Times in 8,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

No REAL Christian would ever vote for trump.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-25-2022)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

It helped that Trump seemed to feel a kinship with prosperity preachers—often evincing a game-recognizes-game appreciation for their hustle. The former campaign adviser recalled showing his boss a YouTube video of the Israeli televangelist Benny Hinn performing “faith healings,” while Trump laughed at the spectacle and muttered, “Man, that’s some racket.” On another occasion, the adviser told me, Trump expressed awe at Joel Osteen’s media empire—particularly the viewership of his televised sermons.

In Cohen’s recent memoir, Disloyal, he recounts Trump returning from his 2011 meeting with the pastors who laid hands on him and sneering, “Can you believe that bullshit?” But if Trump found their rituals ridiculous, he followed their moneymaking ventures closely.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-26-2022)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,026 Times in 8,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The backlash against rightwing evangelicals is reshaping American politics and faith

Some sociologists believe that the rising number of non-religious Americans is a reaction against rightwing evangelicals. But that’s just part of the story.

...rising numbers of people who are religiously unaffiliated (“nones”) or identify as “spiritual but not religious”; a spike in positive attention to the “religious left”; the depoliticization of liberal religion; and the purification and radicalization of the religious right? As a sociologist who has studied American religion and politics for many years, I have often struggled to make sense of these dramatic but seemingly disconnected changes. I now believe they all can all be explained, at least in part, as products of a backlash to the religious right.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tics-and-faith
    With the alt right, there has been an odd trend. They claim to be Christian, but only when it comes to religious violence. They are not Christian as far as being a member in a church, or doing any good for the community. They are very socially isolated.

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Holy smoke, Conservatives really do think Trump is their Messiah

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Trump is America's first atheist president, and he privately holds holy rollers in utter contempt.
    I'd be willing to bet there have been others, going further back than you'd think. None of them, not even Trump, had the balls to admit it though.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    When He looks into your heart, Jesus weeps.

You are one of THE worst examples of Christianity on this forum, along with PiMP and Sister Stench. You are an anti-prophet, making ppl run from your god instead of coming to Him.
    I doubt you'll find too many true-to-heart Christians here and on most political chats for the simple reason they are more politicized than religious.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,632 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seeing all the self-appointed moralist rightwing christians on this board drop to their knees and worship the sleazebag Donald Trump is part of that backlash
    Not a single one I've seen acts like a Christian. Some the exact opposite of Christians. e.g. PmP.

I've seen no Christians with television shows either.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (01-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

“The time is fulfilled for the German people of Hitler. It is because of Hitler that Christ, God the helper and redeemer, has become effective among us. … Hitler is the way of the Spirit and the will of God for the German people to enter the Church of Christ." So spoke German pastor Hermann Gruner. Another pastor put it more succinctly: "Christ has come to us through Adolph Hitler."

It isn’t the first time religious nuts got it wrong.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/hi...onhoeffer.html

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (01-26-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I doubt you'll find too many true-to-heart Christians here and on most political chats for the simple reason they are more politicized than religious.
    Although I tend to agree, I also think that you'll identify "true-to-heart Christians here" by their heart and by what they never say, not always by what they say.

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    I'd be willing to bet there have been others, going further back than you'd think. None of them, not even Trump, had the balls to admit it though.
    I believe Grant was an atheist. He was a very strong proponent of the separation of church and state.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It helped that Trump seemed to feel a kinship with prosperity preachers—often evincing a game-recognizes-game appreciation for their hustle. The former campaign adviser recalled showing his boss a YouTube video of the Israeli televangelist Benny Hinn performing “faith healings,” while Trump laughed at the spectacle and muttered, “Man, that’s some racket.” On another occasion, the adviser told me, Trump expressed awe at Joel Osteen’s media empire—particularly the viewership of his televised sermons.

In Cohen’s recent memoir, Disloyal, he recounts Trump returning from his 2011 meeting with the pastors who laid hands on him and sneering, “Can you believe that bullshit?” But if Trump found their rituals ridiculous, he followed their moneymaking ventures closely.
    Agreed. Trump worships money and sees Christianity as a means to an end. His pick of a "Prosperity Christian" as the White House spiritual advisor is proof of this fact.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Sure. OTOH, there were other beliefs than Evangelism too. Jefferson and Franklin were Deists who don't believe that God interferes in human affairs ergo prayer won't work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi..._United_States

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-26-2022)

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

The gold-gilded Idol of Trump your conservative boyfriends rolled out at the CPAC conference says otherwise.

And wearing the American flag as attire. How disrespectful:

US Flag Code:

"The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins). "

"The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed, or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard."

"The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (01-26-2022), Doc Dutch (01-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

25. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,528 Times in 52,745 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Good point. I do believe you are right.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain