Members banned from this thread: Theywillneverlearn!

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate approves historic legislation to protect same-sex marriages

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,508 Times in 52,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Repubs win every election when only legal votes are counted.
    Bwahahahahaha!

Class, let's open our Big Book of Fascist Definitions and turn to page 12.

Legal votes: All votes cast for Republican candidates.
    Illegal votes: All votes cast for non-Republican candidates.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-30-2022), Diesel (12-03-2022), Guno צְבִי (11-30-2022)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,508 Times in 52,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I think it will happen. The only question is whether it remains a constitutional right, which is a much narrower question than whether it should be legal. Two very different things.
    They'll do like they did with abortion. 1) Pass a law making marriage only for one male/one female. 2) Fake same sex couple applies for marriage license, is denied. 3) Fake same sex couple files lawsuit challenging state law. 4) Challenge runs up the court food chain till it hits SCOTUS. Or, like they did with the phony praying football coach, they'll take it straight to SCOTUS and not bother with the lower courts.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-30-2022)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Nah. It's an issue of liberty.

People are either for liberty, or against liberty. It's not a selective thing.
    Some are for the liberty of the states to determine issues such as marriage and abortion. That does not mean they are against abortion or gay marriage.

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Repubs win every election when only legal votes are counted.
    Except in 2022, 2020, 2018, 2012, 2008, 1996, 1992............

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The Senate on Tuesday approved legislation to codify protections for lawful same-sex and interracial marriages, marking a historic win for Democrats anxious to secure the rights amid growing concern that a conservative Supreme Court majority could take them away.

The Respect for Marriage Act had been largely expected to pass after it earned essential support from 12 Republicans during a key test vote just before Thanksgiving, putting it on a glide path to President Joe Biden's desk later this month. The bill next heads to the House, which is expected to vote on it next week -- as early as Tuesday -- before Biden signs it.

Codifying same-sex marriage into federal law became a top priority for Democrats in light of the Supreme Court's decision in June to overrule its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision guaranteeing a constitutional right to abortion nationwide.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...f4bdb502134142
    Yay! We’re safe! when that Venezuelan oil gets here, and the recession is over, my life will be just fucking perfect!
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

The party of small government doesn't want homos to get married.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Diesel (12-03-2022)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Of course we should never mention the $7 trillion debt incurred by trump or the massive debt of GWB. Those minor accomplishments are to be forgotten!
    Trump didn't actually have $7T and most of the debt he did have was fast tracking the vaccine and providing funds to the people you wouldn't let work....as to Bush's "massive debt"........Obama doubled it along with the cumulative debt of every other president we ever had......so I think we ought to mention it frequently, don't you?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (12-01-2022)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I'll accept your tacit confirmation that you enjoyed spending the stimulus money Biden gave you, and you are not going to call your representative and demand they refuse to accept Biden's infrastructure money for the infrastructure in your area
    is this your total surrender on the subject of the economic failures of demmycrats......if not, I can beat you about the head for a while longer until you do......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (12-01-2022)

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The Senate on Tuesday approved legislation to codify protections for lawful same-sex and interracial marriages, marking a historic win for Democrats anxious to secure the rights amid growing concern that a conservative Supreme Court majority could take them away.

The Respect for Marriage Act had been largely expected to pass after it earned essential support from 12 Republicans during a key test vote just before Thanksgiving, putting it on a glide path to President Joe Biden's desk later this month. The bill next heads to the House, which is expected to vote on it next week -- as early as Tuesday -- before Biden signs it.

Codifying same-sex marriage into federal law became a top priority for Democrats in light of the Supreme Court's decision in June to overrule its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision guaranteeing a constitutional right to abortion nationwide.
    This bullshit wouldn't be necessary if people would accept and enforce the full faith and credit clause of the constitution
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    71% are in favor of allowing gay marriage. PMP is an ignorant, hate filled douchebag. His opinion on anything is pretty much worthless. The downside of this is that it makes it easier for SCOTUS to do away with gay marriage protections, meaning states will still be able to outlaw gay marriage, and of course, many will. This bill simply forces them to recognize a marriage regardless of where it's performed. But we're going to see the same crap we see with abortion. Couples having to go to a different state to marry. Because of hate filled people like PMP.
    sad that all you have for those who do not share your agenda is hatred.....meanwhile, its great gays can pretend they actually have a real marriage.....doesn't mean a lot to those who understand the truth....

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Except in 2022, 2020, 2018, 2012, 2008, 1996, 1992............
    like we said......four presidents since Nixon......good job.....

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Since Nixon: Only four Republican Presidents have been elected. One Republican President tripled the national debt. (Reagan) One Republican President took an annual surplus and turned it into a trillion dollar deficit in his last budget year, 286 billion surplus to a 1.4 trillion deficit. (GW) Another Republican managed to increase the debt by more than any other President while only in office for 4 years and is the only President since Nixon to lose jobs while President and he get impeached twice. (Trump)
    take all those deficits......add them together.......include the deficits of every other president ever elected.......now double it......we call that the Obama presidency......

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Trump didn't actually have $7T and most of the debt he did have was fast tracking the vaccine and providing funds to the people you wouldn't let work....as to Bush's "massive debt"........Obama doubled it along with the cumulative debt of every other president we ever had......so I think we ought to mention it frequently, don't you?......
    Yes, it was trumps debt. He did in four years what took Obama 8 years. A big chunk of that debt was the tax cut for wealth corporations and their stock holders.

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Yes, it was trumps debt. He did in four years what took Obama 8 years. A big chunk of that debt was the tax cut for wealth corporations and their stock holders.
    facts seem to elude your grasp......or didn't you bother to reach for them?.....

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/nati...events-3306287

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    facts seem to elude your grasp......or didn't you bother to reach for them?.....

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/nati...events-3306287
    Try reading the posts your handlers get for you. The national debt grew from 20 trillion to 29 trillion during the trump years