Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    If they haven't played that 12th or 13th game, you can't base a ranking on but the ones the they have.
    The final rankings include all the games. It has Clemson at #1, Bama at #2. So the rankings I used cover the entire season.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The final rankings include all the games. It has Clemson at #1, Bama at #2. So the rankings I used cover the entire season.
    At the point in time when one team plays another, it's only the games to that point not those that will be played in the future. Alabama defeated Texas A/M when they were ranked #22. In the final poll, A/M was ranked #16. Alabama can't say they beat the #16 team because they weren't #16 when they played.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

At the point in time when one team plays another, it's only the games to that point not those that will be played in the future. Alabama defeated Texas A/M when they were ranked #22. In the final poll, A/M was ranked #16. Alabama can't say they beat the #16 team because they weren't #16 when they played.
    What changed? Is it a different team? The rankings are based, at least partly, on comparisons to other teams.

When Alabama played Texas A&M, it was the 4th game of the season. After the 4th game, Texas A&M was 2-2, having played both Alabama and Clemson. They finished 9-4. When would the sports people who vote in the AP poll have a better idea of the quality of team Texas A&M actually is? Before the 4th game or after they played 13 games.

The final poll is the most accurate. That is what the team will be known for in the records. Alabama was ranked #1 in 14 out of 15 polls. But in the end, we will be recorded as being #2 for the 2018 season.

But, like I said, if you want to insist on using the rankings when we played, that makes Alabama look better. By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better.

Also, did the 14 teams we beat lose to the #1 team? Or did they lose to the team that finished #2?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sports rumors are that Jalen Hurts might end up at Maryland or Oklahoma. Not sure he is up to Oklahoma, but he would shine at Maryland. I think TCU will probably show some interest.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Sports rumors are that Jalen Hurts might end up at Maryland or Oklahoma. Not sure he is up to Oklahoma, but he would shine at Maryland. I think TCU will probably show some interest.
    Wait till Locksley and Gattis find out Maryland doesn't allocate nor spend the money on football that Alabama does

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

At one of the bowl games Hurts was on the sidelines of Baylor U.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    At one of the bowl games Hurts was on the sidelines of Baylor U.
    Really? I did not know that. Hmmmm

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What changed? Is it a different team? The rankings are based, at least partly, on comparisons to other teams.

When Alabama played Texas A&M, it was the 4th game of the season. After the 4th game, Texas A&M was 2-2, having played both Alabama and Clemson. They finished 9-4. When would the sports people who vote in the AP poll have a better idea of the quality of team Texas A&M actually is? Before the 4th game or after they played 13 games.

The final poll is the most accurate. That is what the team will be known for in the records. Alabama was ranked #1 in 14 out of 15 polls. But in the end, we will be recorded as being #2 for the 2018 season.

But, like I said, if you want to insist on using the rankings when we played, that makes Alabama look better. By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better.

Also, did the 14 teams we beat lose to the #1 team? Or did they lose to the team that finished #2?
    Did Alabama beat #22 or #16 with A/M?

By what you said before, Alabama beat 3 of the 4 top 5 teams it played. What you're saying now is Alabama didn't play but 2 top 5 teams. Which one is it?

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By what you said before, Alabama beat 3 of the 4 top 5 teams it played. What you're saying now is Alabama didn't play but 2 top 5 teams. Which one is it?
    Ther is a reason I made the statement the way I did.

"We played 4 teams that finished ranked in the top 10. We beat 3 of them.".

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ther is a reason I made the statement the way I did.

"We played 4 teams that finished ranked in the top 10. We beat 3 of them.".
    You lost when it counted and have done so twice to the same team in the last 3 years at that point. Once with crybaby Hurts and once with flash in the pan Tua.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also, I said we played 4 teams in the top 10 and beat 3 of them.

And you are misquoting me. Again. What I said was "By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better".

I said we played 4 teams in the top 10. Then I said "By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4". The "By your way...", as you know refers to whether you look at the end of season ranking or the game day ranking.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also, I said we played 4 teams in the top 10 and beat 3 of them.

And you are misquoting me. Again. What I said was "By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better".

I said we played 4 teams in the top 10. Then I said "By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4". The "By your way...", as you know refers to whether you look at the end of season ranking or the game day ranking.
    Perhaps Clemson didn't get the memo that they should have rolled over for you. Instead, they rolled the Tide. In the 3 National Championship games played between the two teams, Alabama is 1 - 2.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You lost when it counted and have done so twice to the same team in the last 3 years at that point. Once with crybaby Hurts and once with flash in the pan Tua.
    Yep, Bama lost 2 national championship games to Clemson. And Bama has won 5 national championships in 10 years. Clemson has won 2 championships, auburn won 1, FL State won 1, and Ohio State won 1. Bama won 5. I'll take it.

No one wins them all. But Bama's record is the best over the last 10 years.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Perhaps Clemson didn't get the memo that they should have rolled over for you. Instead, they rolled the Tide. In the 3 National Championship games played between the two teams, Alabama is 1 - 2.
    Yes, we are 1-2 against Clemson in the final games of the playoffs.

But Clemson has made the playoffs 4 times. What happened the other time? Oh yeah, we beat them 24-6 in the first round of the 2017 playoffs.

So the playoff record against Clemson is 2-2. The 2 best teams over the last few years.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep, Bama lost 2 national championship games to Clemson. And Bama has won 5 national championships in 10 years. Clemson has won 2 championships, auburn won 1, FL State won 1, and Ohio State won 1. Bama won 5. I'll take it.

No one wins them all. But Bama's record is the best over the last 10 years.
    When winning 10 years ago has anything to do with winning now, let me know. All that matters is what happened Monday. After next year's game, it won't matter.