Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: US comes in last in health care rankings

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like Obamacare failed miserably. No surprise there.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I have been in Detroit area my whole life and many, many Americans have gone to Windsor for drugs and treatment, They were way ahead of us in eye surgery and hernia surgery. You can but drugs for a fraction of our costs.
    I believe what you say about the drugs ... used to go to Montreal to get pills cheaper than here. I do not believe the bit about treatment. Got an example where canukia treatment is better than ours ???

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Right...so we should socialize it so that it doesn't continue to fail.
    Because some biased study says so? That is ridiculous.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Socialized medicine...

So, you are having trouble with your knee. Looks like you have a partial tear of your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). You're going to need surgery to repair it. Are you an athlete? A member of the Olympic National Team? An important politicians relative? No? OK, come back and see us when you can't walk anymore.

Hyperbole? Maybe a little, but not far from the reality of it.
    More likely...

You'll be lucky if your attending physician speaks English...

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're paying them with your taxes, idiot.

You're just not paying as much as you did with private insurance companies and chargemasters.
    lol.....so you just want the taxpayers to pay your doctor bills for you.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Because some biased study says so? That is ridiculous.
    Because it's already failed.

*gestures broadly to the state of our health care system*
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lol.....so you just want the taxpayers to pay your doctor bills for you.....
    You already foot the bill for other people's health care when you pay a health insurance premium (average is $5,500 + $1,500 average deductible).

And you're also already footing the bill for other people's health care when you pay payroll taxes for Medicare (1.45% payroll tax = $884 annually for the average worker).

Combined, the average worker pays about $8K a year for their health care, with their employer paying another $15,000.

So...why pay that much when you can pay much less and get the exact same thing?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cinnabar (08-05-2021)

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because it's already failed.

*gestures broadly to the state of our health care system*
    Wrong. Our system is expensive, but it works good when you can afford it. What doesn't work nearly as well is socialized health care. I take it you've never had to use a socialized healthcare system have you?

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

You already foot the bill for other people's health care when you pay a health insurance premium (average is $5,500 + $1,500 average deductible).

And you're also already footing the bill for other people's health care when you pay payroll taxes for Medicare (1.45% payroll tax = $884 annually for the average worker).

Combined, the average worker pays about $8K a year for their health care, with their employer paying another $15,000.

So...why pay that much when you can pay much less and get the exact same thing?

That fact goes over their heads and it is simply astounding. And we will not even go into the details of how these people are not humane enough to actually live in a thing known as a society.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    That fact goes over their heads and it is simply astounding. And we will not even go into the details of how these people are not humane enough to actually live in a thing known as a society.
    Do you want to pay a health insurance company 12% of your income for a limited provider network, or would you rather pay 4% of your income to the government and not have to worry about in-network providers at all?

Single payer gives you way more choice and control over your health care than private insurance does.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong. Our system is expensive, but it works good when you can afford it
    And...that's a failure of our health care system; if it only works if you have the $$$$.

What doesn't work nearly as well is socialized health care.
    I mean I could point to all the health metric statistics out there that show things like life expectancy, infant mortality, obesity rates, cancer rates, heart disease rates...hell, even COVID has shown how much our health care system sucks when compared to other countries.

All socialized health care does is change who reimburses your doctor for the care they provide you after they provide you with care.

It is a part of the process of which you are not involved at all.

And socialized health care eliminates provider networks, so you don't have to get a referral and you don't have to limit your care options to the doctors your insurance company contracts with. You can go to whatever doctor you want to go to, instead of going to the doctors your insurance company pre-selected for you.

So you see, socialized health care means more CHOICE, and don't you want CHOICE when it comes to your health?

You wouldn't buy the first car you saw at the first lot you visited, would you? So why would you do that for your personal health?

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And...that's a failure of our health care system; if it only works if you have the $$$$.

I mean I could point to all the health metric statistics out there that show things like life expectancy, infant mortality, obesity rates, cancer rates, heart disease rates...hell, even COVID has shown how much our health care system sucks when compared to other countries.

All socialized health care does is change who reimburses your doctor for the care they provide you after they provide you with care.

It is a part of the process of which you are not involved at all.

And socialized health care eliminates provider networks, so you don't have to get a referral and you don't have to limit your care options to the doctors your insurance company contracts with. You can go to whatever doctor you want to go to, instead of going to the doctors your insurance company pre-selected for you.

So you see, socialized health care means more CHOICE, and don't you want CHOICE when it comes to your health?

You wouldn't buy the first car you saw at the first lot you visited, would you? So why would you do that for your personal health?
    So, you've never had to use a socialized health care system, correct?

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I take it you've never had to use a socialized healthcare system have you?
    Well, actually, yes...when I was in Canada years ago, I sprained my ankle and needed X-Rays and a brace...guess how much I paid? $10 for parking.

Everything else was covered, including the brace for my ankle.

In fact, they wanted me to stay in Canada to do physical therapy; that's how good that health care system is.

And my folks and grandparents were all on Medicare, no complaints, no problems.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Our system is expensive
    Why do you think it's expensive?

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, actually, yes...when I was in Canada years ago, I sprained my ankle and needed X-Rays and a brace...guess how much I paid? $10 for parking.

Everything else was covered, including the brace for my ankle.

In fact, they wanted me to stay in Canada to do physical therapy; that's how good that health care system is.

And my folks and grandparents were all on Medicare, no complaints, no problems.
    I have absolutely no complaints about Medicare, but fortunately, I’m healthy.