Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Republicans are increasingly ready for violence: We look away at our peril

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Republicans are increasingly ready for violence: We look away at our peril

Less than a year after a pro-Trump mob stormed the US Capitol, nearly half of Republican voters (47%) say that "a time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands," per a new nationwide survey by George Washington University's School of Media and Public Affairs.

Only about 29% of Americans agreed with this statement on some level, the poll found, including just 9% of Democrats. And 49% said they disagree or strongly disagree.

The poll also found that a majority of Republicans (55%) say "the traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast we may have to use force to save it." About 15% of Democrats agreed with this statement, but more Americans disagreed (46%) than agreed (34%).

More Republicans (27%) than Democrats (18%) said that "strong leaders sometimes have to bend the rules in order to get things done."

These findings about Republicans and political violence are consistent with the warnings of many leading mental health experts, who have said since Donald Trump first emerged as a presidential candidate that he and his movement represent a dire threat to American democracy. This is true both because of Trump's obvious mental pathologies — in this case the repeated encouragement of violence — and because of his proven ability to sway members of the public to share his worldview.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/03/rep...-at-our-peril/

not looking good........and not kidding, the day after DJT was 'elected' I went straight to a local Big 5 sporting goods store and bought a Ranch Rifle and a handgun

...hoping I'm not alone here, suggest all citizens be prepared for the insurgents going forward

2. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-04-2021)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

TTQ64 (08-04-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Less than a year after a pro-Trump mob stormed the US Capitol, nearly half of Republican voters (47%) say that "a time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands," per a new nationwide survey by George Washington University's School of Media and Public Affairs.

Only about 29% of Americans agreed with this statement on some level, the poll found, including just 9% of Democrats. And 49% said they disagree or strongly disagree.

The poll also found that a majority of Republicans (55%) say "the traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast we may have to use force to save it." About 15% of Democrats agreed with this statement, but more Americans disagreed (46%) than agreed (34%).

More Republicans (27%) than Democrats (18%) said that "strong leaders sometimes have to bend the rules in order to get things done."

These findings about Republicans and political violence are consistent with the warnings of many leading mental health experts, who have said since Donald Trump first emerged as a presidential candidate that he and his movement represent a dire threat to American democracy. This is true both because of Trump's obvious mental pathologies — in this case the repeated encouragement of violence — and because of his proven ability to sway members of the public to share his worldview.

not looking good........and not kidding, the day after DJT was 'elected' I went straight to a local Big 5 sporting goods store and bought a Ranch Rifle and a handgun

...hoping I'm not alone here, suggest all citizens be prepared for the insurgents going forward

Trump is a fascist and the GOP is now the Fascist Party.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Trump is a fascist and the GOP is now the Fascist Party.
    we must vote like never before (hope for the best), and also not be caught off guard in our local communities when they finally go off and start inflicting casualties (prepare for the worst)

protect yourselves and your families

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

signalmankenneth (08-03-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

all it would take is a victory for the GQP in the mid-terms, McCarthy then leading the House in endless investigations into alleged Democratic malfeasance (show trials), and DJT whipping up the MAGA's into frenzy like back in 2009 only far worse...IMO opinion highly likely

also imagine if the GQP takes the Senate and DJT runs for pres two years later.....game over, Putin's wildest dreams come true

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

We don’t have to prepare

The military and police are on our side

The idiots will get dead real quick when they try to start their little race war

9. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Althea (08-04-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

They won’t get anywhere by attacking Joe smoes like us

They will have to attack police and military

Either way they will very quickly get dead

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    We don’t have to prepare

The military and police are on our side

The idiots will get dead real quick when they try to start their little race war
    I worry the military would fall into disarray, MAGA's have infiltrated their ranks along with law enforcement personnel nationwide. those orgs would need to stamp out their own insurgencies first. and even if the military takes these traitors out, democracy of any kind would be extremely difficult to pull off

not being alarmist, but throughout history the right wing has taken control just like this

12. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

TTQ64 (08-04-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I worry the military would fall into disarray, MAGA's have infiltrated their ranks along with law enforcement personnel nationwide. those orgs would need to stamp out their own insurgencies first. and even if the military takes these traitors out, democracy of any kind would be extremely difficult to pull off

not being alarmist, but throughout history the right wing has taken control just like this
    The GOP is an anti-Government party. You are right to see the threat.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mark August 12/13th. I'm keeping my head down on those days. In a way, I hope they try again. They got off too easy last time. Won't happen this time around.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The second the blackhawk helicopters appear, the weekend warriors will piss their pants. They are being watched way too closely to pull off a large scale organized attack. Whatever they try to pull will be put down in minutes.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Althea (08-04-2021)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    The second the blackhawk helicopters appear, the weekend warriors will piss their pants. They are being watched way too closely to pull off a large scale organized attack. Whatever they try to pull will be put down in minutes.
    I'm hoping that is the case.........and I pray Milley is hard at work right now weeding these traitors out, or at least identifying roughly who they are and preparing to take them out first. law enforcement is also a threat, especially in the confederacy and all the western MAGA states.........we have a serious threat on our hands here, IMO

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Mark August 12/13th.
    what is special or significant about those days?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

so you want to ignore posse comitatus and wreak havoc and military warfare upon fellow citizens in your pursuit of those you hate?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping that is the case.........and I pray Milley is hard at work right now weeding these traitors out, or at least identifying roughly who they are and preparing to take them out first. law enforcement is also a threat, especially in the confederacy and all the western MAGA states.........we have a serious threat on our hands here, IMO
    IMHO the threat is not violence. The threat is the GOPs ability to use the system to grab power. There will be violence. I don't think anything can stop that. But these folks aren't very bright. And they are being watched. They could not possibly organize a large scale attack successfully. They lack command and control, and the worst of them are going to prison already. Just my take. Yes, the military and the cops are full of nut cases. But I think they are pretty feckless. These new voter suppression laws are far more dangerous, and Democrats have it completely in their power to stop that. They had damn well better.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

IMHO the threat is not violence. The threat is the GOPs ability to use the system to grab power. There will be violence. I don't think anything can stop that. But these folks aren't very bright. And they are being watched. They could not possibly organize a large scale attack successfully. They lack command and control, and the worst of them are going to prison already. Just my take. Yes, the military and the cops are full of nut cases. But I think they are pretty feckless. These new voter suppression laws are far more dangerous, and Democrats have it completely in their power to stop that. They had damn well better.

The fact Trump is still free and the GOP is fascist shows we have not begun to address the problem.