Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Executive Orders

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default Executive Orders

So what is the reason behind executive orders? Were they designed for the President to write new legislation? I thought only Congress had the power to write legislation? Isn't Congress ceding power to the President if they do nothing?

And what of the day when there is a Republican President and attempts to use executive orders to do something the democrats don't support? Do they have much standing to complain? Forget about the policies goals for a second, think about the rule of law and the US Constitution for a second.

Obama has ZERO authority to do what he claims he wants to do. ZERO.

2. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.1 For This Awful Post:

Howey (01-16-2013)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, because Bush never used them

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/signi...#axzz2I799vbhs
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Anti-Party (01-16-2013), Howey (01-16-2013), wanderingbear (01-15-2013)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    He is right about wondering but this moron clearly never educated himself on Executive Order beyond Fox News.
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"Anyone certain, is mistaken."~Best Political Quote Ever

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anti-Party For This Post:

Rune (01-16-2013)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Default Re: Executive Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Obama Hates America View Post
    So what is the reason behind executive orders? Were they designed for the President to write new legislation? I thought only Congress had the power to write legislation? Isn't Congress ceding power to the President if they do nothing?

And what of the day when there is a Republican President and attempts to use executive orders to do something the democrats don't support? Do they have much standing to complain? Forget about the policies goals for a second, think about the rule of law and the US Constitution for a second.

EO as a statement of policy is fine. I did not hear of anything he does not have the power to act on. Do you have an example?

What of the day? Bush used EOs frequently.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 401 Times in 350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obama Hates America View Post

Your Avatar reminds me of his Supreme Excellency, Uganda's President for Life, Idi Amin Dodo(Dada). I would expect Obama to try to connive his way into a third term. Maybe, he will issue an Executive Order allowing it through Nationwide Petitions? The Lib Demos are good at getting out the vote/signatures to get enough so that he can claim that the public demands that he runs again for President. When it comes to conniving, the Lib Demos are way ahead of the Republicans, it's a no contest.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post

Hypocrisy!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Executive Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Hypocrisy!
    I am flattered that you went to the trouble of digging up my post. It would have been more helpful if you had provided the link to the thread in which I was posting so that we can gain context

However in general I oppose Executive Orders as a rule.

But now I am left with a conundrum. Do I allow Obamas illegal executive orders to stand? Or look the other way while Trump does it?

I will take the hypocrite label. There is too much at stake to be ideologically pure.

Why should I be principled when it is clear your side is not. I don't accept those rules of engagement

I do recognize that this style of governing on both sides is setting us on a dangerous path

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Hypocrisy!
    XD how long does it take you to find stuff like this?
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Its very easy, I have a very good memory and the search function is userfriendly.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hypocrisy!
    So you decide its hypocrisy without even asking if he approves of Trump doing it?

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    So you decide its hypocrisy without even asking if he approves of Trump doing it?
    He has been cheering Trumps actions. Are you asleep, or simply not reading other threads?

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Executive Orders

Its very easy, I have a very good memory and the search function is userfriendly.
    And the thread in which I posted that so people can get context or is context not relevant to you. It's ok if it isn't. It just speaks to your honesty

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And the thread in which I posted that so people can get context or is context not relevant to you. It's ok if it isn't. It just speaks to your honesty
    You have not denied supporting Trumps executive orders so I don't feel a need to prove it.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But now I am left with a conundrum. Do I allow Obamas illegal executive orders to stand? Or look the other way while Trump does it?

I will take the hypocrite label. There is too much at stake to be ideologically pure.

Why should I be principled when it is clear your side is not. I don't accept those rules of engagement
    Here is my cite showing that you support what Trump is doing, while admitting that it results in you attaining the label of "hypocrite".

LOCK HIM UP!